Zero Punctuation: Transistor - Like Bastion But...

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
I've played the first 30 minutes or so, but the best thing might be the soundtrack that came with Transistor.
Capcha is mysterious, Candlewood Suites?
Never heard of it...

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
I think it might grow on me.
The last time I did have some trouble starting with a game was Baldur's Gate 2, after some false starts and a year not looking at it, I grabbed it, and about 300 hours later almost every bit was explored and played with.
Transistor might be something like it after a while.

Buckshaft

Jan 12, 2014
I'd like to ignore Yahtzee's joke (Unlike everyone else on here) And simply question what the hell is going on with him. Between last week's ZP, and the EP where he goes all Freudian on EarthBound, and this one... Have his bollocks dried up or something? He's always used filthy jokes, of course, but he's going wayyyyy overboard.

Evonisia said:
Was that will.i.am when the word "creative" was uttered? 'cause it certainly made me laugh. Also I think the description is broken, it's the same as last week's description.
Now now, Will is at least trying... I mean, there was a time (Think 1998) When he actually was creative, but let's ignore that, he's still trying.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I found the imp with giant sweaty baps to be considerably more humorous than the average internet fare. Thanks for that.

I'm at the initial stage Yahtzee was at - the game seems cool and all but I can't seem to motivate myself to play further in to it. I dislike the narrator this time around as well, for some reason. He was fine in Bastion.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TaboriHK said:
It was a joke, and everyone else moved past it. You're free to not laugh, just like everyone else is.
They're also free to critcise it, like everyone else is.

Case in point: any time Yahtzee says something even remotely negative about a game someone likes, even in passing.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
I read the title of this and finished with "not as good." I liked Transistor well enough, but it's not nearly as good as Bastion. My biggest complaint was Supergiant lied about being able to play without the pause functionality. You flat out can't, at least not till late game, because you take too much damage.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
My time in Transistor is currently 29 minutes...
...So for once, Yahtzee was right on the money based on what I experienced.

I'm going to finish it, gladly, but for the time being I'm just trying to do other things so I'm not completely burnt out on games.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Buckshaft said:
Evonisia said:
Was that will.i.am when the word "creative" was uttered? 'cause it certainly made me laugh. Also I think the description is broken, it's the same as last week's description.
Now now, Will is at least trying... I mean, there was a time (Think 1998) When he actually was creative, but let's ignore that, he's still trying.
I don't think he's been trying since The Black Eyed Peas were not on hiatus. His latest solo work is basically a repeat of his previous songs, right down to some of the singles (Scream and Shout and #ThatPOWER in particular) essentially being copy pastes of The Time (Dirty Bit).

Maybe Feelin' Myself is creative, maybe.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
How is it hard to grasp the starting concept of "Someone close to you was murdered, the same guys taht did that also fucked up the city and stole your voice. Find out who they are and why they did it."

I liked Transistor more than Bastion given it's more strategic thinking combat. The story also entertained me more than Bastion, especially the much more morbid and dark undertones throughout the game. I mean you literally use
the personalities of dead people as attack algorithms
. So maybe I'm in the minority but to me Transistor is above Bastion.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
TaboriHK said:
It was a joke, and everyone else moved past it. You're free to not laugh, just like everyone else is.
They're also free to critcise it, like everyone else is.

Case in point: any time Yahtzee says something even remotely negative about a game someone likes, even in passing.
Sure they are. The difference being that Yahtzee's reviews are the point, and the joke was a throwaway. I could also get mad that he implied that he had sex with my father and my mother has a dry vagina, and that would make me look silly. It's silly to nitpick a joke.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
C14N said:
Oh no, not another joke about trans-gendered people.
Why is that? I don't tend to follow these threads, has there been another outbreak where people lose their sense of humor again in previous threads?

I mean Yhatzee insinuating he fucked your dad and making a joke about holocaust denial open mike night is all peachy but a tranny pun? No thank you, he must be as bad as seven mega-hitlers.

Edit: Oh look. People's sense of humor has fallen off. Maybe we can get them some "Humor reassignment surgery" or at least remove their heads from their rectal cavity, that has to be uncomfortable...
There was a time, I forget when, that Yahtzee actually apologized and edited an episode of Zero Punctuation because some people didn't like one of his jokes. I hope that doesn't happen again.

edit: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.825922-Zero-Punctuation-Papers-Please-and-Brothers-A-Tale-of-Two-Sons That's the original one

Zachary Amaranth said:
Xan Krieger said:
There was a time, I forget when, that Yahtzee actually apologized and edited an episode of Zero Punctuation because some people didn't like one of his jokes. I hope that doesn't happen again.
It was the Papers, Please review, wasn't it?
ninja'd my edit, great memory

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TaboriHK said:
Sure they are. The difference being that Yahtzee's reviews are the point, and the joke was a throwaway. I could also get mad that he implied that he had sex with my father and my mother has a dry vagina, and that would make me look silly. It's silly to nitpick a joke.
Apparently not, as Yahtzee's jokes get nitpicked frequently. The actual rule is more along the lines of "it's silly to nitpick a joke, unless that joke impacts me or mocks something I like in which case burn the heretic!"

That's basically the way the Zero Punctuation comments sections (here and on YoutTube) work. People are fine with Yahtzee's jokes until something dear to them gets mocked, then it's war.

Now, I admit that the feelings of trans people aren't as important as something super serious like the layout of a video game aimed at children, but the pattern remains.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
It was the Papers, Please review, wasn't it?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
Karavision said:
Offense! Moral grandstanding! Rabble rabble rabble
Xan Krieger said:
Look guys, Yahtzee makes tasteless slightly jokes. It's kind of his bit. I'm sure there is a nice safe Tumblr somewhere where people post beige, 100% social justice approved, completely inoffensive jokes that couldn't possibly offend or elicit emotion from anyone.

But to come to a thread like this and tell someone to "Please stop making these specific narrow jokes i have a problem with" justifies all those people who like to characterize social justice advocates as hypersensitive entitled jerks. Boo hoo. It's a joke that isn't 100% accurate. Humor entails shorthand. He made a pun. Either he censors himself or goes out out of the way to pander to your world view and kills the comedy in the process. His jokes are scatter-shot. What's more THEY'RE JOKES. He makes slightly 'offensive' humor about everything and has done for over SEVEN YEARS. What did you expect when you came here? Knock knock jokes? The man practically made a catch-phrase out of "Triple cunted hooker"! You must know his bit by now.

I really don't understand these people. They just end up as walking examples people can point to when someone says that ultra politically correct thought-police do not exist. All most people here is "Whaaaa! Whaaaa! My jimmies have been rustled! Whaaa!". And it's so narrow. So making a joke about a Tranny is out of touch and offensive but the "Holocaust denial open mic night" joke about three seconds later? Nope that couldn't offend anyone. Is your world view so warped around finding issue with how people talk about gender identity? Because i understand people having a low tolerance for un-PC or offensive humor, it's not for everyone. But surely then ALL of Yahtzee's videos should make you upset in numerous ways. Do you come online JUST to get offended and justify your feelings about your gender identity? I don't... these kinds of posts... Referencing Tansgender murders out of context? The level of persecution complex on display here boggles my mind.
I think you misunderstood, I'm pro-jokes, not anti-jokes. I was just hoping he doesn't edit his video and apologize, I support his humor.