Zero Punctuation: Two Worlds II

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
HankMan said:
two play or not two play, that is the question.
And thankfully you have answered it Yahtzee

I'm actually surprised he did this game, i would of thought he would stay well clear lol.

Excellent video! XD

P.S "Getting on my plums" is my new phrase...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
ah man I was hoping for Bulletstorm but ah well this has been fun
just sitting here, chilling with a Coke and burger and then ZP appears and...
crap I need to study =.= laterz

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
A return to form. Very entertaining, even if I knew the game was rubbish before I watched the vid. I particularly like the bastardization of the game name in this one.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Sylocat said:
I saw which game he was reviewing, and before I even clicked on the link, I thought, "Oh, this is going to be bloody."

Surprise, surprise...
Ditto.

I keep hearing from people that it's better than the first one, that's hardly a rousing compliment.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
I have an LP on TW2 going on right now. 6 episodes in if anyone's interested. I made a post in the Reviews forum but here's a direct link
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWolfram23?feature=mhum

It's pretty decent so far, but nothing spectacular.

I have to say though... Yahtzee clearly should try sticking to console games if he can't figure out a few simple concepts. Like, the game allows you to have 3 outfit slots. So no you don't have to swap shield and sword, each with a hotkey. You just switch to the "melee" outfit.

And the story is explained pretty well in the first hour or so once you talk with the Prophet. Of course it does side track as you go from there, but it's an RPG that's pretty much the point. Do small quests to advance in big quest.

lumpenprole

Apr 15, 2009
I played this at PAX and didn't hate it, but I only got a few minutes with it. I'm glad for this review, because bad AI drives me crazy.

When I was talking to the team, the first thing they said was "We've completely redesigned everything from the the ground up. We're not even the same company as the first game!" to which I said "Well, why did you bother to use the name? It was a terrible game." and the guy sighed and said "Everybody asks that."

Cracked me up.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I am guessing that the second world is 12 hours in.
I am glad he is at least very candid if a game is not finished.

I had no interest in this game and now I especially do not.
Thank you ZP for giving me a few laughs while informing my opinion of this game... or at least the potential of me buying it.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
WTF, Yatzhee reads Cracked.com articles?
My world is shaking.

BTW:
It seems, that throwing fire and lightning is not as much fun as it seems like.
Oh, well, back to inFamous approach:

"TIme for a BBQ lads.
*ZAP* *ZAP* ZAPPITY-ZAP*
MUHAAHAHAHAHHAAH BOW BEFORE ME LOWLY PEASANTS, FOR I AM YOUR GOD"

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
You wanna know how many times I replayed the 4:26 mark? I lost count after a full 5 minutes of laughing my ass off. Priceless, Yahtzee me ol' mate. Although the magic system you described does sound rather unique. Still, saving my money for Skyrim. But, if I do get bored enough, I might give this a look-see.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
HankMan said:
two play or not two play, that is the question.
And thankfully you have answered it Yahtzee
dex-dex said:
Right off the bat, you should have been worried since it is a sequel to two worlds.
and I am with you why the hell did fantasy turn so angry and cynical!
It changed when Tolkien wrote the TLOR, it's just taken video games a while to catch-up.
That's still no excuse for emo wizards!

OT: Yeah these kinds of role-playing games seem to be trying too hard. It feels like there's almost too much stuff in them.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Was kinda hoping it'd be Bulletstorm but oh well.

The Doodle-God style magic thing sounds interesting but doesn't Magicka (Magika?) do the exact same thing?

Calibanbutcher said:
My world is shaking.
Where does he mention/reference Cracked?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Xsist said:
Well thats because we are hardcore yahtzee! We don't smile... we are seriously really super serious!

(Good review btw :p I feel your hatred for magic!)
How anyone could be serious in a game where as quoted by Yahtzee "Enemies keep wondering why they spount wooden limbs out of nowhere" is beyond me

I'd laugh my ass off the whole time XD

Noko

Oct 7, 2010
There is two buttons to change weapon kits on the fly, so you can actively switch between three sets (r/t key i think it was)

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Aeshi said:
Was kinda hoping it'd be Bulletstorm but oh well.

The Doodle-God style magic thing sounds interesting but doesn't Magicka (Magika?) do the exact same thing?

Calibanbutcher said:
My world is shaking.
Where does he mention/reference Cracked?
Bulletstorm?...Bulletstorm...hmmm OH!

You mean that FPS rip off of Wild 9 for the Playstation 1 with even more cheesier dialoug than the 90s?

Yeah....I played it and was PISSED!! At least Duke Nukem is original

Seriously this is where Bullet Storm got it's idea!!! Torture your enemies. Yeah um it's already been done 12 YEARS AGO!!!

I'm sorry but the rage I am feeling from BulletStorm is beyond belief.

drunken_munki

Nov 14, 2007
voorhees123 said:
Why do people take his reviews seriously? I would never buy/not buy a game based on his reviews being that his job is to ***** about minor issues in games. I will buy Two Worlds 2 as i liked the first one, it had its issues but did some fun stuff and had great magic in it. Unlike Oblivion which i was dissapointed with when i played it.

Maybe he will review Bulletstorm next week? I rented it from Blockbusters on monday, played it for about 6 hours and now completly bored of it. Still got it until Sunday.
Why do you hate the fact that people might agree with him? Move along mate.
For me, I am filled with GLEE for watching a funny review of a game I've never heard of and will never play, regardless of this vid. Thank you ZP.