Zero Punctuation: Two Worlds II

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
That magic system sounds interesting to me. I'll pick this up after the inevitable, and hopefully swift, price drop.
It looks interesting on paper, but it's actually really ...drab.
The customization is basically just an illusion.
You'll just end up combining element+bolt/spray and spam the same spell while backpedaling all the time.
And actually using magic is kind of a pain.
It's often less powerful than melee, enemies often are resistant to your main element, it's slower than melee, and it's limited by mana.
The main use of magic that I can think of is to buff your stats by a percentage, which is actually pretty nice.
Still, alchemy is more powerful, lasts longer, is quicker, requires much fewer points to be useful, and ingredients are abundant.

wtfclowns

Apr 15, 2009
I don't know, the magic system was pretty good once you got into it. Any game that lets me fire a fireball that explodes and summons 6 stone golems on contact is okay in my book. :p

unnamedsos

Dec 30, 2009
it was a fine game ; i enjoyed playing it :D
there was some new stuff in it and playing with magic cards and find combination was fun!
although magic was support class for me and end up healing and boosting :D also making chest high walls so that NPC get stuk behind it ;-)
loved water walk spel was pretty good for dark dungeons :D " search it up"

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Squilookle said:
Wow, that inventory system sounds terrible- didn't anyone playtest it?

And is it strange that the bit that turns me off fantasy games is the whole... fantasy part? Give me a good medieval Robin Hood game and I'd be in seventh heaven, but ohhh... you just had to put spells in it, didn't you... It's like post apocalyptic games feeling that they just have to have mutants for some arbitrary reason. Did Mad Max 2 need mutants to be the best post apocalypse film ever made? No it bloody well didn't!
What are you talking about! They had a midget mounted on top of a braindead giant.

And the mutagen agent was organic methane derived from pig-dung D:
So they had somehow managed to make Cars that could run on the stuff, and the movie appropriately ends with a chase-scene ...at least they'd stopped exploiting those poor wallabies for means of transportation :p

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
Awesome, Yahtzee reads Cracked.com too.

Also, what is this game? I haven't even heard of it.

Also, Yahtzee, congrats on that Battlefield mention!

MaxRaine

May 1, 2008
I find it odd you had to lower your settings so much, granted you were on a laptop but even my bad computer could play 2W2 on high setting without having FPS drops. I was actually utterly amazed with how well coded that engine was.

I did find it funny how I played the good guy, who didn't minds petting puppies and walking old ladies across the street, yet sounded like I'd rather rip the throat off of people at any given moment =P

Never got through the game though, found other games more interesting after a while. Though mostly it was due to a glitch in a quest that forced me to reload way back, before I had done a ton of things, because the guy I had to talk to refused to spawn.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
Another piece of crap nobody cares about. That wasn't even really a review. He didn't really say whether he liked it or not.

YAHTZEE. REVIEW SONIC COLORS FOR THE Wii! IT'S MERCIFULLY SHORT AND SOMEONE needs to thrash that overrated TURD.

Buck Wilde

Jul 15, 2009
Good man, appreciated the Cracked reference at the end. I disagree with the point about sidequests though. He does bring up good points but I see it more of a matter of how enjoyable the gameplay is. Sidequests by nature don't relate to the main plot and serve mainly to lengthen a game but as a whole it comes down to the how good the game itself is, if it leaves you wanting to do sidequests because you enjoyed the whole experience and want to prolong it.

YodaUnleashed

Jun 11, 2010
That was one of the funniest Zero Punctuations I have ever watched. The combination of his critical dry humour and somewhat befuddled commentary on the games events really merged to create a creamy stream of goodness.

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Man I have enough trouble getting into RPG's as is. That also means GOOD games like Mass Effect 1 & 2. If all the stories I hear about this game being filled with bugs, glitches and bad design choices are true, then this is probably not going to be the game to finally turn me over.

On another note: Does anyone know the name of the music that plays during those ads for Drive Thru RPG that somestimes play after you've watched a video?

Iskaminien

Mar 3, 2011
That Cracked reference blew my mind (I created this account right now only so I could say that).

But I'm just a little freaked out by the thought that I'm completely predictable. I mean, how did he know his audience would know about the cross from no other place than that very Cracked article?
Very, very impressive, mr. Yahtzee.