Zero Punctuation: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Yet a gain good review, quite funny.

Shame that with the game expo trip causing us to lose a review for the 'washington DC is full of easy cock jokes' episode then one or more of Torchlight, borderlands, Dragon Age and MW2 may be missed.

but then again we can just watch the MW vid to see the MW2 review, and we can always catch up on Torchlight when the MMO comes out so toss up between Bordelands and Dragon Age for next wee (And I think the end of the review may give a clue to next weeks review....

Alux

Nov 9, 2009
And here I thought he'd completely shit the review. I'm thinking that it translates as something like, "Okay, if generic." As for the graphics, I think they fucked up the color scheme completely.

And the only thing drawing me towards getting a PS3 is The Beatles: Rock Band.

Kilo24

Aug 20, 2008
I must chime in with Yahtzee on this regard: Uncharted 2 was a game that made no mistakes by doing bugger all new.

I would be deeply entertained to see him review something more unique like Demon's Souls, or somewhat more selfishly a solid Western RPG like Dragon Age.

Or go completely mad and review Persona 4, Dwarf Fortress or M.U.L.E.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
im hoping he will review dragon age for the pc instead of the xbox, it would be nice if the game didn't get slaughtered for it below adequate controls.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Some very nice finds in here - I particularly liked the "... what gamers are going to do anyway ..." sequence (with subsequent toss of controller at the screen :).

That said, Uncharted 2 was a lot of fun and indeed a real popcorn game. Was a bit disappointed that Hard and Crushing difficulties didn't really challenge as much as the press made it out to be ("like playing chess" my ess). Still, I'd tell anyone and their grandmother to give this one a go - great fun, especially in Crushing.

Aug 25, 2009
I was suprised to see him have a sort of like for the game, considering how much he hated the first one. Okay so it was grudging but hey.

I have to say, I'm not buying a S3 and this game won't convince me. I saw someone playing it and all I could think was how bland it was as well.

Also, I watched this review wearing a hat, for some reason this makes me smile even more.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I still liked the game much. I think it will be GOTY. If only Dragon Age hadn't shitted itself a little with its graphics, because then it would win.

(For the record, I personally do not care about Graphics but I'm just saying what I believe will be the excuse they do not give DA:O the GOTY)

Anyway, I think this is the first time I've been on the front page on a ZP review

Huzzah for me

TheSeventhLoneWolf

Mar 1, 2009
Quite disapointing really, i guess i shouldn't expect certain things for him to be reviewing, he doesn't like walls though, which was quite funny.

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
So it's basically like the Transformers movies?
Where you can enjoy it for a few hours and leave your brain outside, but doesn't offer anything new to cinema or it's own franchise?
If that's the case then I'm cool with it, because I just want to have fun with bells and whistles for a hour or so. That's the purpose of games, right? To have fun?

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
Holy shnikies.

He really ripped this game a new one, didn't he? So many extremely positive reviews from people like Susan Arendt. Guess that means you can't listen to a bloody word she says, eh? >.> Just kidding.

Really, though, I'd have thought Yahtzee wouldn't have given this game the shaft. Silly me.

Sebass

Jul 13, 2009
Hahah, loved the 'this game is racist'-jokes from this review (and the previous uncharted game as well ofcourse)

Alex909

Sep 13, 2009
People who hear the review and then decide to buy it- you stupid stupid people. Yahtzee takes the bad points (like the cover system and racial killings although I never had a problem with the platforiming) and makes them funny. He did compliment the graphics which was great but the humour comes from the bad points, listing every good bit would be dull. Seriously, this game has some minor flaws but it's very good. On GameRankings, while it is behind GTA4 and Oricana of Time it's above COD4, Half Life 2 and Fallout 3 (I think). It's a great game.

Ok, rant over.

junkmanuk

Apr 7, 2009
Y'know... when I borrowed this game off a friend I was playing it constantly for five hours, and enjoying it, but it was nicely summed up in the video - It's kind of like rice; it fills you up for a bit, but you go out looking for a big juicy burger a couple of hours later...

I must have enjoyed it to keep playing it - but I couldn't tell you why!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
This is possibly the first time where no one in the first 10 posts has been put on probation or banned, good show.

LorChan

Jul 15, 2009
On the BBC 'More Doctor Who' joke...
But we love it so~~
Seriously, we're so far on now that not going through all 13 regenerations would be a cop out.
Also, the new series is written my Steven Moffat. You can't go wrong with that man, he is too much of a genius.

Back on topic, I never played Uncharted (mostly because I don't own a PS3) but I can safely assume this will urge me towards it's kind as much as the last one did <3