Zero Punctuation: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Hmm... well, this certainly made me rethink how I felt about about this game series. And then I said 'fuck it' and went back to being glad I didn't buy them.

Great review, Yahtzee. And hey; Modern Warfare 2 soon?

Liberuno

Oct 22, 2009
Piecewise said:
I hope he reviews borderlands sometime soon, or at all.
Agreed. That would be awesome. This video was hilarious, but I always laugh more when its a game I've been playing.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
TheSeventhLoneWolf said:
Quite disapointing really, i guess i shouldn't expect certain things for him to be reviewing, he doesn't like walls though, which was quite funny.
Would have to agree, I'm still waiting for him to trash Halo ODST, he seems to be at his best when Halo is at it's worst, but, all in all it was an enjoyable review. From the dragon age cover that popped in towards the end, I hope it means he'll be reviewing it next week or the week after.

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
another reason to wait for a game till yahtzee review it: the escapist's review said it was just shy of pretty good and yahtzee says no, not so much

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Just as I thought - a popcorn game, like its predecessor. Looks like this will be my next weekend rental.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Another excellent review there Yahtzee. I never really understood all the hype for this game honestly.

Artorius

Mar 18, 2009
Piecewise said:
I hope he reviews borderlands sometime soon, or at all.

I also wonder if he's heard of or plays dwarf fortress, since it seems like the type of thing he'd really like.
i think Dragon Age will come b4 that xP..
since it is a Better RPG/Game xP..

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
Odd, i thought this was suppose to be like the game of year or something, does he hate every major mainstream tittle?
Hate is probably the wrong word here, because in the GameX chat, he claimed to be having a lot of fun with it.

I'm perplexed, I thought it would be one of those games that he says positive stuff about. Either way, he's certainly right that it's one of those games that you forget about, because for the most part, I've forgotten about it!

AddytheGreat

May 25, 2009
Windowlicker said:
Good review although I would had liked to hear him talk about the Muti Player
I dont think he ever actually plays on the multiplayer, except on Little Big Planet,but thats like 50% of the gameplay.

OT: Good review as always! I cant wait for the Dragon Age: Origins review!

ChillinMargrave

May 18, 2009
A lot of buggers that managed to watch the entire review in one minute. . .

OT: Nice review finally a standpoint that isnt buttlicking the game, you can always count on Yahtzee to tell you what's bloody annoying!

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
What is it with games these days and Sticky Cover, or walls in general? Did gaming ONLY just discover the concept of "taking cover" and decided that the average player is too thick to do it himself?

Seriously, I can make do in COD games, why the hell do I need a mechanic to do it for me? WHY ELSE WOULD I USE THE DUCK BUTTON?!?!

Good review, as usual, Zeepee

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
I wasn't intending to get the game anyways, but it's a fun and interesting to hear an opinion other than "OMG Lucas, you gotta' play it!"

I'm just not one for any console shooters. And my choice of PCs are netbook, dinosaur, repair-shop, and virusy-adoholic so-

It'll be interesting to hear about how his relationship with walls goes during the third game. Maybe he leaves them for a few years, and finds out he has a wall child, and they go to South America, and get raped by an inter-dimensional alien plotline.

Hm, who'd pay to watch play that?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Still can't forgive the Racial Card Yahtzee keeps pulling in regards to this series. He conveniently forgets the very American Commando's you fight your way through in the second half of the first game.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
I still liked the game much. I think it will be GOTY. If only Dragon Age hadn't shitted itself a little with its graphics, because then it would win.

(For the record, I personally do not care about Graphics but I'm just saying what I believe will be the excuse they do not give DA:O the GOTY)

Anyway, I think this is the first time I've been on the front page on a ZP review

Huzzah for me
The aforementioned self-shitting graphics are apparently a symptom of consol-itis. Perhaps a healthy dose of mousekeyboardilin could help this problem? I'm not a doctor, but I have played one in videogames

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
ARKSgtAlpha said:
another reason to wait for a game till yahtzee review it: the escapist's review said it was just shy of pretty good and yahtzee says no, not so much
Personally I trust Susan Arendt's opinion of a game far more than Yahtzee's, seeing as she seems to give an honest opinion of games that isn't fueled by a fan expectation of assheaded smarminess and all the journalistic integrity of an Air Farce Sketch*.

*That is to say Yahtzee is a COMEDIAN, his goal is to be FUNNY not actually present a balanced appraisal of the game. Essentially, it is more in Yahtzee's best interests to BAD MOUTH a game for all of you fawning sycophants.

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
I seem to remember that he mentioned two wisecracking Nathan Drakes is his new personal vision of hell