Zero Punctuation: Valkyria Chronicles

AngryFrenchCanadian

Dec 4, 2008
Usually I enjoy watching Zero Punctuation, but this time I was really disgusted. I played Valkryia Chronicles and it was one of the best game I've ever experienced last year. I felt like Yahtzee only tried the game for an hour.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
you made a whole episode based on the fact that you are not raceist, and now you support hitler? Ow the poaradox is beautiful. Also loved the are you shure joke.

AhumbleKnight

Apr 17, 2009
odisious15 said:
Well watching that saved me from buying a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing Valkryia Chronicles. Guess I'll stick to my PC for gaming and hope we get more JRPG's withing the next decade or two.
As for the review hilarious as always.
Try 'Last Remenant'. Made by Square Enix, it has it's flaws but overall it is a very good and enjoyable game. The battle system is unique and the story is ok. The biggest letdown would be the main character, but other than that, a worth while game.

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
It's always painful to watch Yahtzee review games that are good rather than ones that are universally bad. The bad ones we can all equally enjoy him ranting about, but only those that don't like that specific genre can enjoy him verbally asaulting a game with an average review score close to 90%.

I find him funny with pretty much every episode, and this one wasn't an exception; however, while I find his ranting really funny, without a lot of actual valid points about why the game is bad (instead of rambling about how he doesn't like the genre as a whole), the episode just boils down to a well thought out trolling.

People might argue that he's like that with every episode, but I'd have to disagree. Most of the games he digs into are mediocre at best, and if they're worse than that... he tends to be giddy as a schoolgirl, because he has lots to talk about. I swear he was pissed at this game half because he was playing a genre he hates, and half because he was running out of shit to make fun of.

tkwelge

May 13, 2009
Republicans and compassion? I don't even get it. Plenty of Republicans have done compassionate things, such as donating to charity or generally being helpful. Reagan himself kept a stack of blank checks in his desk, and if anybody needed something, without being asked, he would pull one out, write in a number and sign it. I've heard of statistics showing that, at times, Republicans have higher rates of charitable donation than Democrats OF SIMILAR INCOME. Plus, I truly don't agree with what the Republican party has become, but I still believe that they do what they think is right for the country. Is trying to help people not compassionate? Just because you're against giving more money to more failed government programs that hurt people more in the end, you're uncompassionate?

Yahtzee isn't an american, and I'm sure that he doesn't give a flying f**k in the first place. It was really more of a pop culture joke. The kind that Family Guy fans think is hilarious. Oh Scott McFarlan (sp?) keep cranking out those winners....

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I really liked this weeks episode it really made my giggle. Nazi's rule!!!!! if u r into that.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
And one more person falls prey to the contrived connection between the presence of compassion and the mindset that the federal government is the ONLY possible implementation of said compassion.

Or even the best implementation.

Or even a very good one.

But excellent humor fodder for viewers who can fit their political philosophy on a bumper sticker.

Sheamus

Mar 28, 2009
awe, I really enjoyed this and the game, while it's not perfect I liked that the developers tried something new. The part where he talked about only being able to upgrade weapons in one direction proves that he didn't play the game for that long, eventually you do get 2 to 3 different upgrade paths to chose from.

As far as the story goes his quote "sometimes things don't combine" is spot on about Yahtzee and jrpg's, I thought it was good, you're not the boy who wants to be a hero, he's just trying to protect his hometown/family/friends and would rather be a teacher than a war hero. still love zero punctuation but should've givien VC more of a chance.

Arella18

Apr 22, 2009
I can't blame him for that...I mean honestly with some of these games I find myself wanting the badguys to win for once...anyway I love these videos and I look forward to seeing them.

MasterTroll

Feb 20, 2009
I love Yatzee's reviews, but I really wish people would not judge whether or not to buy games based on a reviewer who exagerates problems for comedic effect and rage.....

Also Disgaea 3 probably would have been more up his ally.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
viscountesslafiel said:
odisious15 said:
Well watching that saved me from buying a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing Valkryia Chronicles. Guess I'll stick to my PC for gaming and hope we get more JRPG's withing the next decade or two.
As for the review hilarious as always.
You're incredibly stupid if you think Yatzees opinion means much, especially when he reviews a genre he hates.
Well if you think about it if he doesn't seem to find that much wrong with it then the game must be godly good.

PS: Any one notice that Nazi rhymes with Yahtzee?

TetsuoKaneda

Feb 11, 2009
Alien1375 said:
Putting your units at strategic parts of the map during your turn to attack the enemy, and letting the enemy do the same in his turn sounds like a turn-based strategy game to me...

Now walking with a group trough a landscape and being randomly attacked by monsters while the group sticks together to fight the enemy one at the time is closer to my definition of a RPG.
Wow...I'm...I'm sorry, but I have to buy you a beer...that made my day. I've never met anyone who's never played Eternal Poison, Disgaea 1, 2, or 3, Kartia, Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth, Fire Emblem, Vandal Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics (in any of its incarnations), or any of the NUMEROUS other JRPGs with tactical elements. I know I'm missing a few.