Zero Punctuation: Velvet Assassin

Maidenite

May 11, 2008
Great review, not his best but still funny! The opening joke was a bit gross though.

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
The very fact that this was developed by South peak was a terrible indication.
This was getting bad scores from even the most positive of reviewers, so I could tell hilarity was coming when the most pessimistic of them all had a stab and the crappy game.

Yahtzee forever

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
"What is this, community service?" That might well be one of the best last lines ever. Another good one, Yahtzee!

Atlea

Aug 29, 2007
The final comment: possibly the most I've laughed at ZP in quite a few episodes. I was wondering that myself, he just puts it so succinctly.

CapitalDave

Apr 29, 2009
No mention of the horrific corruption of the original source, who's family would not permit her name to be used, when it was going to be so blatantly sexualised?

"Violette Szabo, you see, was captured by the Germans after just over a year of active duty as a Special Operations Executive. During her incarceration, she was repeatedly beaten, starved and sexually abused. Ultimately, she was executed, aged just 23." -

Games like this are part of why people won't respect the game industry as an art form, I would have thought Yahtzee would mention that. (and be more offended)

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
The fact that Yahtzee hated her hair makes me feel very self conscious about my own hair; it was disturbed to find the other day that my hair does exactly the same thing (where it all sweeps off to the one side). It don't do it on purpose, I swear.

Then again, Yahtzee hates everything, so perhaps I should pay it no heed.

ON TOPIC, I think I must be one of the only people that didn't hate this game...

Jan 23, 2009
Yeah Community Service all the way! Now all we need is for the Italians to make a crappy WW2 game and we're off

Evan Waters

Dec 12, 2007
I can only imagine the German version is about you fighting androids that just happen to have vulnerable necks and a love of generic fascism.