Zero Punctuation: Webcomics

Obscure_Reference

Mar 9, 2010
I wonder if Yahtzee's read Sonichu? His description of the "main character" archetype seems to suggest that he has, since he perfectly described the comic version of Sonichu creator Christian Weston Chandler.

Thecreeper11

Feb 6, 2011
I only like the Vgcats comics, the writer of the comics portrays himself as an absolute moron who wears pants on his head (Not joking).

NotAHiro

May 3, 2011
How much of a control freak IS Buckley? I wanted to start talking constructive criticism on his forum, but I've never dared to venture there. I feared never to return. There are us...and there are the fanboys.

But seriously, I want to do something outlandish and email him. Talk to him. Get to know how much of a douchebag he really is.

Then I will kill him, summon the dark gods to feast on his soul, engage in unfortunate implications with his cat and THEN! KLONDLIKE BARS! FOR ETERNITY!

Again [Butt srsly], I want to email him and offer Buckley constructive criticism. I wonder how much butt-kissery it'll take before he reads it.

Does he really not take ANY constructive criticism? At all? And trying to give Buckley constructive criticism...I'm gonna get covered in CAD fan hatemail.

Wasting my time is fun. Whee.

Wish me luck. Good luck, bad luck, or pineapples in my butt - I don't know.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
Ashbax said:
Although the stage when it was going on about miscarriages made me want to kill Tim B....
apparently his wife had a miscarriage before he did that storyline...
OT: pretty funny, though he couldve insulted more webcomics. variety is needed!

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I remember this video being funnier back when I first watched it years ago (holy crap 4 years ago? really?). I was thinking about a few of the newer stories that CAD has done. You know what, none of Yahtzee criticisms were valid.

I mean the story itself was not bad and well written. It treated the subject matter rather maturely. And the story lead into other, better, story arcs. Honestly, looking back this video had no reason too be made.

Mar 9, 2012
No, CAD was and is still pretty bad. Especially when it comes to tone. It is like if it can't decide if it want to be serious or comedic.

The miscarriage was really unwarranted and awkward. It is equivalent of Jim Davis suddenly putting out a Garfield strip in which Garfield is revealed to have Cat-AIDS.

And in hindsight, it obvious that Buckley, after the reaction he got, hastily decided to sweep the whole thing under the carpet as quickly as possible, rendering every consequence of the miscarriage non-existed after three weeks, even less in-comic time.

EDIT: Heck, Buckley still did a lot of pretty terrible stuff after that. Like the time where he did a "epic holiday" story line, but he eventually gave up and just said "Drawing stuff is hard, so here is a PDF I made of the rest of the story. Use your imagination." And there was the time he stole a character design from another, better artist, and the time when he made a racist joke and ended up back-pedalling as fast as possible.

The only good thing that has come out of CAD recently is this "fan"-video, and it was made specifically to mock another of Buckley's awkward tonal shifts.

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
the last ZP video to have custom music intro and outros... i feel so old for still missing this.