Zero Punctuation: Wet

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Can't honestly say I had planned to buy this game, but good to know that my prejudging of it was not far off.

I really hate QTEs for the record, my relfexes are just not good enough for them anymore!

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
I played the demo of this, and found myself randomly getting sqwished by a truck in the cutscene cause i was watching my friend play another game and found out i missed the quicktime event... Like they're bad in most games and i thought Yatzees hate for them was a biit too much but now i see why he hates them so much, IN THE CUTSCENES COMEON!

noncon

Sep 11, 2009
cblrtopas said:
Hmm, my innocent defense of cinematic games has rather quickly devolved into fervent 'Shadow of the Colossus' gushing. I'm sorry, I hope you can discern the argument from all the fanboy drool.
I wouldn't say SotC was cinematic actually. In fact, it was as far removed from cinematic as you can get. It had polish and presentation, and was an excellent game, but that hardly makes it cinematic. In fact, it did many things that absolutely would not work in a cinematic experience. Like riding your horse for a really, really long time, with nothing happening on the way, and giving Wander no real name or backstory. In a game it's able to work, and it gives you atmosphere and a feeling of isolation, something a 'cinematic' experience would ruin.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
i think this game would have been better served withterry and gonad from the alone in the dark reveiw instead of pillock the game designer. but i'm sure pillock and gonad are friends because no one person can come up with so many bad ideas by themselves.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Couple this with Susan's m'eh review of this game and I can definitely say that I'm never going to purchase this game. Which sucks because it looks good and both reviewers said it had good ideas despite its terrible executions of those ideas.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
I think I remember watching the trailer for this almost a year ago. Like all trailers, it looked like it had so much potential. So sad.

smileyboybob

Nov 14, 2007
WOOOOOO! best one in while. I started making strangling noises because i was laughing so hard. That's how i know it was a good one. AND i definitely want to have Pillock's babies.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Great Review Ben. You said everything that I said in my head after playing the demo.
Wet is just a steaming pile of semi-hard horse manure.
Glad I never spent money on it.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
shadow946 said:
Demon's Souls next week? You might like this one.
I actually sent him an extremely well written and thought out email telling him about Demons Souls. It might actually be a JRPG he can for once enjoy.

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
excellent review. As always, you see through the tits to the arse beneath. Erm, there're no arses under tits. This is wrong. Mind scrub. Ah, that's better, how about learning something about real wet work? Corbett Report - Anti Illuminati - bio weapon cyber attack [http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2009/10/corbett-report-anti-illuminati.html]

Ishinken

Apr 25, 2008
WET is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HOOORRIBLE game.

A prime example of todays lameness that has struct the gaming market since the start of the century.

Anything that sells to be "cinematic" is a lame excuse for not implementing interactive gameplay elements properly and should be discarded and not sold as a GAME which should be concidered scam.

WET sucks so much because its generic, lame and you jump/slide CONSTANTLY which feels really ridiculous and overdone.