Zero Punctuation: Wet

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
I'm still going to rent the game because to me it looks quite good. It has it's problems but if what he said is true then the loading times are the only thing that will bother me.

DarthNobody

Aug 5, 2009
Just rented WET this weekend, and so far I have to agree with every criticism made in this video. I'll even add a few: 1) the on-rails portions have Rubi pivoting and aiming ridiculously slow with no hope of real accuracy for the most part and relying almost entirely on whenever QTEs come up or there's some special barrel to explode; 2) having to fight hordes of enemies in arena combat when they constantly respawn and you can't even see some of them at a distance (unless you do Rubi's signature dual aim them and even then it's not a given) is just annoying and stupid; 3) that's ALL the upgrades we can get? some shit for our guns and a few extra acrobatics moves? Rubi can run across a wall for 5 seconds, yet there's only about a dozen unlockable moves for her (I'm not counting the health increase, obviously)

NMG1

Apr 5, 2008
thais review was an example of yahtzee getting back into humorous form. let hope this curve of sinicism continues its merrily scathing ascent.

psycoking

Dec 30, 2009
I recently rented Wet, and I have to say Yahtzee was pretty much spot on with this one. The slow motion thing is way over used, and the ending was a let down. I did manage to enjoy the game though, and have to say its at least worth a rental. Its short, about 8-10 hours, most of that being loading, and was actually fun in some parts. Plus, in some ironic twist of fate, despite Wet's mostly bland gameplay, it has one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard in a game.

theif519

Jan 9, 2011
Wet, it was a bad game, and boy do I mean really bad. Actually, no, I take it back, it was an alright game, but that's all, it's so "Okay" that it's just boring. I couldn't finish the game because of how boring it was. It was fun at first, sure, with all of the fancy moves and whatnot, but it got repetitive and boring when you had to use those moves all of the time just to defeat enemies.

Tollo

Aug 4, 2012
The loading screen singularity, I first met it on the first loading screen before you wake up on Mass Effect 2. I can't believe you have not encountered it more I have at least 5-6 times.