Zero Punctuation: Wii Sports Resort

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
It's pretty cool how you guys can tell how terrific the episode was and how funny the jokes are less than a minute after the video was posted...

I agree 100% with what was said at the end. If game developers would stop screwing around with motion controls we could start making... better things. I really don't like motion controls. I would much rather have cyberspace than minigames. Also the video was funny.

Jaranu said:
... Well except Portal.
That's because if you make fun of Portal you are wrong because Portal is the most perfect game I have ever played.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
BWhahaha, there go all the Wii owners, to set fire to Yahtzee's house - funny video "Wii Bowling - oh fuck off!"

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Gerbykins said:
OH MY GOODNESS, YOU HAVE OUTDOWN YOUR SELF THIS WEEK!
I Coulnd't stop laughing at the jokes, and the hilarity that was contained within this little yellow video from hell :D

I just don't know why you didn't get Wii Resort? I JUST PICKED UP THIS GAME FROM EBAY AND ITS GOD DAMN TERRIFIC!
The Wii motion plus, or the WMP as I like to call it xD is crazy accurate. And now I can play all my favourite games like
Links Archery training.

Anyhow, Piece out Yatzee man, I got a date with destiny. (Going to watch Lost on tv hehe :) cya )
I can't tell if this is advertising or schizophrenic fanboyism...

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
That was just hilarious. What else can I say.

"Wii Bowling! Oh fuck off!"
"Living in the past is for squares, Daddy-O!"

One of his funniest.

chaos666

Jan 20, 2009
lol, as always great review. I especially liked the Wii bowling comment. I can count on one hand the games I'd buy for the wii and the rest would simply be classics to download.

Review Call of Juarez next mostly because I'm curious to how you'd review a game with a western theme.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
NeutralDrow said:
Well, I disagree just as strongly as ever with his rock-bottom opinion of the Wii (and, ironically or no, I want this game even more now), but I have to admit that the review was pretty funny.
I agree with you. I disagree with the review, but found it funny to watch.

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
I'd like to try Wii Sports Resort out after watching this just to see if the motions required to do these idiotic minigames are just as halfwitted and unintuitive as Yahtzee makes them sound. I mean canoeing? What the hell have you become Nintendo? Pandering to the casual gamer types is it, well at least provide something halfway decent for them to actually become interested in gaming then!

On a totally unrelated note the credits animation of the wakeboarding imp riding the shark was absolutely hilarious.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
Gerbykins said:
OH MY GOODNESS, YOU HAVE OUTDOWN YOUR SELF THIS WEEK!
I Coulnd't stop laughing at the jokes, and the hilarity that was contained within this little yellow video from hell :D

I just don't know why you didn't get Wii Resort? I JUST PICKED UP THIS GAME FROM EBAY AND ITS GOD DAMN TERRIFIC!
The Wii motion plus, or the WMP as I like to call it xD is crazy accurate. And now I can play all my favourite games like
Links Archery training.

Anyhow, Piece out Yatzee man, I got a date with destiny. (Going to watch Lost on tv hehe :) cya )
Funny how you can comment on the review before it's even done. Isn't it interesting, guys?
People who post before the video is done are not taken kindly to around here, especially when it's their first ever post. Seriously, if you want to be respected here, act respectable and watch the entire video before commenting. Oh, and BTW... Caps lock is NOT cruise-control for cool. It's cruise-control for FAIL.

Anyway, back to on-topic.

I found this review to be fairly good. It reaffirmed my not-wantingness of this game, but it informed me about it. To be honest, I hardly ever play my Wii. I usually only play Wii Golf or Bowling with my family, and SSBB with my friends or younger brother. The Archery mini-game does look a bit fun, but then again I can always practice real archery with my actual bow.
Yahtzee seemed to have a bit of fresh humor this go around, despite it being as a Fraternity House bathroom.

ljackstar

Mar 17, 2009
I have to say letter at the begining was fucking terrific i was literally rolling on my ass laughing..... i think

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
This was actually pretty funny. Although I'm not so fond over the title yelling, when he says "Wii Golf!", etc. But I'm just nitpicking now. I was very surprised that he chose to review this game.

Also, I'm a Wii owner, and I'm not leaving. Granted, I'm not a big Wii fan, but again with the nitpicking.

Tuniki

Sep 14, 2008
Now with the new responsiveness of the (Wii-mote?) controller I really wish the Wii became and adult erotic entertainment device, and video game system on the side for it's free time.

at least then all the motion sensors could make some sense.

miaunell

Jul 29, 2009
well said yahtzee. :) wii is crap, was crap and it will forever be crap until nintendo won't be its producers. anyway, impressed as usual for your imagination so keep it up ;)

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
I pretty much agree with that review. The game felt lazy and while it is fun for an afternoon, that is about as much depth it has.

LaBambaMan

Jul 13, 2009
While i'm sure i'll still enjoy the games on my buddy's Wii(I don't have one because i'm some PC loser) it seems cheap to have bowling, tennis, and golf on there again. Now granted the golf in WiiSports wasn't all that great because the controls were a bit fiddly, but bowling was just fine. Although the WMP might make our Tiger Woods games easier(because we golf, and we're too poor to go a real course these days).