Zero Punctuation: Wolfenstein

magnuslion

Jun 16, 2009
Ok so I didnt laugh as hard as I usually do. But the Limerick was so damn clever and perfect that I wanted to give him a standing ovation.
Cheers, Yahtzee

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Wow have to wade through 12 2/3 pages of comments before I can post, well by choice so pain for me. I'm not sure which people are more surprised by, the fact that most of the review is done as limericks, or that the fact there was a numeric form of rating at the end. I can't predict how Croshaw will do his next review.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
See, this is why we listen to Yahtzee- because he's ENTERTAINING. When he said he was going to do the entire review in limerick form I groaned aloud because I hate limericks, but I reckoned without Yahtzee's sheer writing talent. That was GENIUS.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
This review makes me think of Pattington Bear and his marmalade to no end.
Also, good video.
EDIT: Holy Vermont Cheddar, Yahtzee! 433 comments in the first 9 hours? YouTube's got nothing on you.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Once he's gone through haiku, reverse read manga stuff and all sorts of other things, do you think he'll just end up skipping the review part entirely and inject pure awesomeoness directly into our brains with monitor radiation?

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
Does anyone think Yahtzee is looking for some variation? First the Irish accent now limerick form. The games could be besting him and he needs more weapons in his arsenal.

I did think the Irish accent was pretty funny though, so maybe he should try American hillbilly or French next.

fenderstrat

Aug 9, 2009
awesome! i guess its pretty bad to be reviewing bland games all the time... so now yahtzee must use poetry just for the sake of not repeating himself... i wonder what will he do on the next review for generic fps's...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
So are they even trying to come up with new an catchy titles now? Let us all not forget that this all started with eternally hated Sonic the Hedgehog, or as it's more commonly known Sonic06.

cybermercy

May 27, 2009
I LOVE this review show!!! what next reviews in Iambic Pentametre, Esperanto, Hiku, interperative dance by the sprites?

CoronaryThrombosis

Apr 15, 2009
That was the most innovative review ever. Very clever Yahtzee! Just when I thought you were getting in a rut, you do a review in limerick.

The original Wolfenstein was one of my favorite games growing up. This new one is nothing like it. It's so difficult to capture the success of an old franchise (see Mario games on the Wii). We've already seen and played "WWII kill the Nazi" type games, and this one offers nothing different. It wasn't even a good fan-service game.

awatkins

Oct 17, 2008
A 4 minute ( + or -) long poem about how much it sucked and annoyed him.
Is there anything Yahtzee can't do?

arconic

Sep 10, 2009
Banter said:
The limericks... the horror...

Smart way of doing the review though, but I have to complain that some weren't quite in the rhythm.
Let's see you do better.

You gotta give it to him for doing an entire consistant review entirely of limmericks.

snotvomit

Mar 20, 2009
Excellent review. Highly entertaining and yet still gets the message across in recognisable ZP stlye. Much respect.

Entropy_kC

Mar 18, 2009
I never realised the poetry would go on for so long, but it was brilliant!

And I'm 105% sure that he only gave it a rating so that he could continue the rhyme, I wouldn't expect any more from next week onwards.

However: it was a good video, not quite as hideo, us as you might expect from his usual idio, m. (If you read that like it sounded in my head, it could pass as a short poem.)

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I loved the limerick-type prose. Twas quite hilarious I care to disclose. I'd do it right now, but I don't really know how, but shit that's how it all goes.

Wait a minute...

Seriously, I shudder to think how much time went in to doing this review like a very long limerick. Hope you catch up on your sleep for that one, Yahtzee.