Zero Punctuation: Wolfenstein

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Meh I give it 3 stars out of 5, its not THAT generic and I love the main hub design and secrets, nothing I hate more than a overly generic one way 8 hour haloep3...er...shooter.

The most annoying thing(besides it looking like a 5 year old game) is enemy HP they die to easily making the thing easy, the next annoying thing upgrades are not that well balanced either.... other than that its better than bioshock/halo ep 3 as far as SP goes.....oh ya I forgot...it can be a crashy blighter too...

I been screwing with enemy HP and stuff trying to make it a bit more fun
http://zippydsmlee.wordpress.com/test-1/zippys-wolfenstien-mod/

NeoSilver

Sep 4, 2009
Actually, it occurs to me to bring this up right about now:

Yahtzee, in case you didn't notice: Yes. There was a franchise apocalypse where both Friday the 13th and Star Trek were concerned. (Final Destination never actually had one, it was just that lousy to begin with.) So the studios decided to reboot those franchises.

nomad240

Aug 13, 2008
*claps* A true poet enocore! although I did like. I lovethe level design was cool with the little town you can just ramm nazis all you want with the death beam the actign was okay but I agree with the rest. plus multi player was weak. anywho I was expecting batman too. maybe next week a clown will leap out and cover us all in poo.

.... downside to listening to poetry. XP sorry

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
Fucking brilliant! Smart choice to review the game strictly in poetic form while keeping his trademark lightning-fast razor-sharp wit as the focal point of his review.

*two thumbs of approval*

Acehole

Aug 8, 2008
that was just dumb because wolfenstein is quite fun so suck on bum because i dont care what you say.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
My gods, what a wonderful vid
A brilliant gimmick he did
'Twas something quite sublime in
Yahtzee's comic timing
I giggled like a little kid.

Mosstromo

Jul 5, 2008
ewhac said:
Mosstromo said:
It was not even the the creator of the genre (FPS, that is). The originator of it all was not even a PC game. It was "Marathon", a game that was only for the... Mac.
Dissent. I'm quite sure Bungie's Marathon came at least a year after Doom, which itself post-dates Wolfenstein-3D by about 18 months. Marathon used the same "2.5D" techniques that Doom did, but added a few goodies Doom didn't have, such as the ability to (sorta-kinda) look up and down. So, Wolfenstein, AFAIK, was one of the earliest FPS games.

...Unless you're going to drag Battle Zone and Elite into the discussion.
Yep, you appear to be completely correct. I checked up a few places and the release dates show Wolfenstein was released two years previously (in 1992).
Around 5 or 6 years ago I read (from similar web sites as the ones I used to check those release dates today), that "Marathon" had been the pioneer and etcetera, etcetera. PC Gaming web sites mind you. So the info was so interesting that it stuck with me. And I used it incorrectly, as it was back then.
"Marathon" was released in 1994.

Woem

May 28, 2009
dragonburner said:
Pluum said:
I made a bet to myself that this week it would be Batman ... I lost beer.
I thought so too... Man!
At the credit screen it says that Batman's up for next week.

Ben, you are a poet and a genius.

XPelargos

Dec 27, 2007
I logged in to write my own rhyme
It just felt appropriate this time
But alas, I'm no poet
(You must surely know it)
For I've run out of words I can rhyme!

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Oh my GOD. That would've taken all week.

And a SCORE! Yahtzee, you've ruined yourself!

Although I don't expect him to read page 14.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Wow, good job. An entire review in a poetic format. I loved it. I was gauging the meters waiting for you to screw up, but you didn't. Very good. Way to spice up the review industry. Of course, this means that next week you are going to have to review it in iambic pentameter.

joshthor said:
holy hell...he gave it a score....2 stars...
But he did it in Limerick form, which makes it ok.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Yahtzee was amazing, but so are some of the posters responding with limericks.

I, for my part, would love to try, but I dropped English way yonder back and limericks is just a faint memory.

minotaur199

Sep 10, 2009
This one was awesome! Last week was the Irish accent, this week it was poetry! Where do your talents end Yahtzee?