Zero Punctuation: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Specula

Jan 6, 2011
All about numbers? My numbers are bigger than yours? Normally I think Yatzee's right on the money, but from time to time I get the feeling he really has to stretch and convolute things so much to make a show that it's no longer really sensical or applicable, and honestly I think with this video it's one of those times.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Specula said:
All about numbers? My numbers are bigger than yours? Normally I think Yatzee's right on the money, but from time to time I get the feeling he really has to stretch and convolute things so much to make a show that it's no longer really sensical or applicable, and honestly I think with this video it's one of those times.
After you max out your first character in WOW, the "incredible journey" phase ends.

Now you can either start all over with another, and believe me at the 3rd one you streamline everything and don't even read quest text anymore. Or you start doing endgame, which is really maxing stats by endless grinding and raiding where game experience is quite limited compared to campaign.

viciouspen

Dec 23, 2007
lol
for someone that claims to "hate" WOW sooo much he still sounds very invested in the game.
Doesn't seem like someone would expend the effort to take a slap at the opposing faction in WoW if they weren't still a bit overly invested in it all. ;P

Case of "doth protest too much"? You be the judge.

P.s. also, is it just me of is the show more and more seeming like he's not reviewing as much as he used to, more like..trying hard to play a consistent role someone told him he was expected to play to make money.
When the show first started he wasn't always over the top "I hate everything", more evenhanded and straight forward. Now it feels more like I'm watching a cartoon, although I can't decide if it's South Park or Family guy.

Specula

Jan 6, 2011
xdiesp said:
Specula said:
After you max out your first character in WOW, the "incredible journey" phase ends.

Now you can either start all over with another, and believe me at the 3rd one you streamline everything and don't even read quest text anymore. Or you start doing endgame, which is really maxing stats by endless grinding and raiding where game experience is quite limited compared to campaign.
I play the game, I know how it is. Maybe I'm wierd in that I do end game content for the experience of destroying the opposite faction in PvP and for actually fighting bosses for the challenge. The rewards (justice/valour/honour/conquest points and gear) are just icing on the cake and are by no means a primary reason I go there. At the end of the day "numbers" being so important applies to just about every game ever created in the history of video gaming if you stretch it and convolute it as much as Yatzee did with this video.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
viciouspen said:
lol
for someone that claims to "hate" WOW sooo much he still sounds very invested in the game.
Doesn't seem like someone would expend the effort to take a slap at the opposing faction in WoW if they weren't still a bit overly invested in it all. ;P

P.s. also, is it just me of is the show more and more seeming like he's not reviewing as much as he used to, more like..trying hard to play a consistent role someone told him he was expected to play to make money.
When the show first started he wasn't always over the top "I hate everything", more evenhanded and straight forward. Now it feels more like I'm watching a cartoon, although I can't decide if it's South Park or Family guy.
who said he hates it? He said he likes it himself, what he hates is the fact that it takes up 99% of his time.

viciouspen

Dec 23, 2007
DanHibiki said:
viciouspen said:
lol

who said he hates it? He said he likes it himself, what he hates is the fact that it takes up 99% of his time.
and that kind of proves the second thing I said.
It's a little hard to tell the difference between what he hates and what he's even okay with because everything he says is starting to just blur together.
He's complained about how insipid WoW is and how it's beneath him enough that him "liking" it (I put liking in quatation marks because we'd first have to identify what semblance of the liking emotion he actually experiences) would surprise me.
Although, it might make some kind of troll logic I suppose. I've seen crazier things in MMOs.

maybe he was that goblin I pasted the other night.

For the Alliance.

theshadowcult

Dec 1, 2009
Where in australia without going online can i get a copy of mogworld? I don't like buying things online and the only reason i have not bought a copy yet is that the only two book stores around here don't have it.

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
Fangobra said:
Still not going to play it, Yahtzee, since you didn't address my gripe with Wow: I'm against it on moral principle.

Wow (and all pay-to-play disc based rpgs) are elaborate cons. Charging people for the use of their own property is STEALING.
he says, while right at that moment, thousands of people are paying to fill up their petrol tanks.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
theshadowcult said:
Where in australia without going online can i get a copy of mogworld? I don't like buying things online and the only reason i have not bought a copy yet is that the only two book stores around here don't have it.
It's not available in Australia, unfortunately. The prat lives here, but only sells his book in the US and Europe. :(

Wesker_Chick

Jul 24, 2008
Pure awesomeness and also re-enforces my desire to never play WoW. But Mogworld is totally awesome btw!

ROBOcity123

Mar 7, 2010
I don't get it what is the difference between 60 hours on WoW and 60 hours on The Witcher or Mass effect 2 or DA:O. Can someone please explain this reasoning? Is it because you are also on the dollar? You know, you feel like a working man...

Nabohs

Jan 18, 2011
LMAO Yahtzee has to meet my friend to pretty much messed up three months of his life trying to get 100% completion on all three Metroid Prime games

theshadowcult

Dec 1, 2009
Bobbity said:
theshadowcult said:
It's not available in Australia, unfortunately. The prat lives here, but only sells his book in the US and Europe. :(
LOL that's just how elite he is, would we love him if he was any less? I think not!

... Does suck though.

Apollo64

Nov 30, 2010
I hate that people use the old "What's the point? You get better items to do better quests to get better items?"

Yes? What's the point of any game?

"Oh, you just move forward jump, move forward, jump, move forward, jump, then save the princess."

"You walk around shooting to get better prestige, and better guns, so that you can walk around shooting better."

"You build a small city, wait a while, build a bigger city, wait a while, and continue your megacity."

"You live life in a video game."

The point is, through it all your having fun. You enjoy the achievement of upgrading your character, just like you do saving a princess, shooting enemy soldiers, building cities, and living LIFE.

I can understand that a lot of people don't like the game, but that doesn't mean you have to degrade the people who are enjoying it.

CoolTrixs

Oct 6, 2010
Yep. new it was to good ta be true. As soon as i saw that you made that book i thought about what was going on in youre head and thought he'll just wait till WoW Cataclysm so that while he could review it he could also advertise his book. *sigh* just like gamestop.