Zero Punctuation: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Wait why the fuck did you join a guild? I thought you were like a emo goth merc (I remember you an XP a while back that said that). Never played WoW, but I've heard many people talk about it to get the gist of it so I kind of know what a guild is like...sort of...not really. But then I again I prefer to have a life then waste it, that and I'm a cheap bastard

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
Now we await Yahtzee's review of Guild Wars 2!

Oh, and Mogworld was an amazing book, had some great laughs thank you Yahtzee!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Woah he was playing that on Christmas Day, I bet not even the ghost of Christmas past, present and future would be able to change his ways. That Mogworld make all sense now, well even more sense.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Seeing Wow on the front page as a Zero Punctuation was surprising... even more surprising was that he didn't spend the entire review ripping it apart...<.<

Zinkraptor

Oct 25, 2010
Well, a lot of people play WoW because of the social aspect rather than just the numbers.

But generally those are the people who are not completely addicted and don't spend hours trying to get exalted with every pointless faction for no reason other than they like the look. of all the pretty green bars. (YAY HYPOCRISY)

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
He hit on just why I've never played WoW: its overemphasis on the parts of Dungeons & Dragons that I always liked least (ie, "numbers") .

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
I think, dare I say it... he liked it quite a bit. The "anti-WoW" jokes(i.e no life etc.) seemed to be tacked on to keep this episode in line with the cynicism of ZP. Not surprised he likes WoW though, he did work for PC Gamer after all.

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Haha, this ep somehow reminds me of the good old days of ZP. Didn't know what to expect and it felt genuine. You could feel the bitterness. It was eerie, yet awesome.

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
Stabby Joe said:
Since I actually did however I've got a question... how does the expansion impact those who don't have it? I haven't played in a few months and am now wondering when I do I'll be on top of a mountain or beneath a whole new town.
If you're referring to the landscape changes, you'll log on at the nearest graveyard, unless you're in a major city. At least, that's what happened to my characters.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Judging by some of the drivel floating around the WoW forums, you'd think this "game" is nothing more than a glorified spreadsheet passed around a table by a bunch of fat nerds.
No, that would be EVE Online.

*Badum-tish!*

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
Meh. It was pretty much just a rehash of all the criticism that everyone else puts towards WoW. Yes, you need good items to raid to get better items to do better raids, but it's the raids themselves that people enjoy. That's like saying that the only reason you beat the first level in a video game is to play the second level.

While most of it is somewhat valid... it's just not an entertaining video.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
He not only reviewed cataclysm, he said it was quite good...

Now I HAVE To play this, just to see what the fuss is about and because I have been thinking about doing it for quite a while.

Wait, was this what yahtzee was doing during that big flood in Australia?

Playing wow? During a flood?

MADNESS!

brazuca

Jun 11, 2008
Wow is just like real life. All about numbers. Some say the numbers of chicks they f* with. I for instance prefere the number im my account which is negative at the moments (ç.ç)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Cataclysm? More like Twataclysm, MIRITE YAHTZE?

MMOs are kind of neutral ground for me. While I don't "hate" WoW or any competitor, I can't even be bothered to stick to F2P titles, so I can't justify spending (whatever) a month on WoW or other pay titles. While I know WoW normally gets a love/hate response, I don't care much.

But the video was pretty funny. It's just a lot of the words were kind of gibberish.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
That's it, Yahtzee is God.
The number part really cracked me up.
And just when I thought you begin to say you like WoW you said: "WoW is evil."
You just made my day<3

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
Stabby Joe said:
That's a lot of responses from people who clearly haven't watch it.

Since I actually did however I've got a question... how does the expansion impact those who don't have it? I haven't played in a few months and am now wondering when I do I'll be on top of a mountain or beneath a whole new town haha.
You'll be ported to Stormwing (or Orgrimmar), so need to worry there. You'll still get all the enjoyment of the changed world, and revamped 1-60 experience. You can even get killed by Deathwing if he strafes the zone you're hanging out in.

Really, all you're missing with the expansion is the new races, 80-85 zones and dungeons, and Archeology. I really think these are well worth the cost of the Xpac, but that's up to you.

As for the topic, my interest in WoW is warring with the fact I despise Yahtzee. Maybe I'll get around to watching it this week.