Zero Punctuation: XBLA Double Bill

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
Yes, that's true. But pissing off fanboys just for the sake of pissing them off, even if it contradicts your own opinion, is not.
Fine.
Generally speaking, if you've played everygame in a franchise (Zelda has something like 12 games) and you (obviously) like that franchise, yes, you are a fanboy.
a fanboy is obsessive. playing 12 games doesn't make you obsessive. Especially since yahtzee only admitted playing two games
I'll grant you that TP looks a lot better than OoT, but play mechanics? Have you ever played a Zelda game?
I didn't mean to give the impression that they have different play mechanics. and I've only played one zelda game and then decided I hated it.

Orkimond

Oct 3, 2008
The retro games arnt as good anymore because we are all used to better games, but at the time they were awsome, the exception being populous: the begining which is still awsome

touchmypenguinagain

Oct 3, 2008
Oh dear, you really think mario sunshine is better than mario 64. Im surprised, the whole fludd pack made pretty much the entire concept of mario as a platformer redundant and every boss just involves cleaning gunk off them...not to mention the fact every level is as uninspired as the last and that some of the shines are as logical to find as solving some of the early resident evil puzzles (remember that bull shit one involving yoshi and a pineapple fruit from memory that you spat out or something to create a moving floating platform?). You couldn't be more wrong.

And yes bionic commandos controls should have been redesigned for sure, 1. so you didnt have to be stationary to shoot diagonally forward...i.e. so you can run and then swing forward simply by pressing b and 2) so the controls were consistent both on the ground and in the air. I think the following would have worked a lot better:

(While on the ground and in the air)
left/right and b - shoot diagonally up
up and b - shoot up
stationary and b - shoot forward

Zootroy

Oct 5, 2008
Yahtzee,

It's a shame you never got to play Ocarina of Time, or Mario 64, when they were first released.

Best,

Zootroy

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
I've played other games Yahtzee has reviewed like brawl and can lol at the truth in those, but there wasn't much this time around to laugh at. Hell some of the jokes like being stuck on the ceiling with the claw just reeks of "I don't know what the hell I'm doing", thankfully some of these reply comments are the saving grace!

Blazsy post=6.72328.755874 said:
Awesome video, I like Castle Crashers and a very fun game when you play it with 4 people. It's not trying to "ape" Golden axe, they have based there game from Alien homnid
I really hope you're not serious... look up an interview with the benemoth about their inspiration behind the game then maybe just maybe you'll realize how stupid that comment was.

1deano1

Oct 6, 2008
now this is absolutely hilarious! and every single fact that was said about the lives system was completely right!!!

freddethehut

Oct 6, 2008
Yahtzee are wrong, Boinic Comando did exist on the C64, he claimed that he had one growing up and the game were quite popular so I find it strange that he didn´t know this. In any case Bionic C. were great (for it´s time) on the C64 but more so was the music. I suggest downloading the high voltage SID collection and listen to it. The tunes really take advantage of the SID chip and are some of the best on the system, as far as game music goes that is.

//Fredde

killerap85

Oct 7, 2008
Look looky

Yahtzee and the Escapist show their colors

http://www.purepwnage.com/

http://forums.purepwnage.com/index.php?showtopic=81964

afrolarry

Nov 15, 2008
ill admit that it is hard to hit enemys at first but once you get the hang of it and go 2 pixels lower than you think you should you can really start to play castle crashers. BTW for anybody finishing up the game HEAL BEFORE YOU OPEN THE CHEST!

inpachi

Apr 17, 2009
wow yahtzee this is the first time i have disagreed with you. I hated twilight princess maybe its because i grew up with StarFox64 and Poke Picture or whatever that game was called and LOZ-OOT and i love all those old games. I have beaten LOZ-OOT like 3 times and Majoras mask like 2 times and its safe to say i will never play them again but hell they were fun! so dont critisize something you barely understand if you were playing LOZ-OOT back when the 64 was still doing good you would know what i mean!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ok Yahtzee, I could maybe see how you could say that Zelda: Twilight Princess was better then Ocarina of Time, but for you to say the Super Mario Sunshine is better than Super Mario 64 I have to ask what you're smoking. The story was contrived and they hit you with a gimmicky little hose thing to play with.

On Bonic Commando: Reamed and Castle Crashers, I haven't played them and indeed don't have XBLA so I can't really argue with you there. Although obviously if they're going to remake the game instead of just making it available to play like Nintendo does with it's Virtual Console, they should take the opportunity to improve it using our stupendous power of hindsight.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I loved Castle Crashers ^^

really a shame they haven't made a CC2 or a DLC expanded mission pack

Jas0913

Jan 16, 2010
i actually have a jewish friend who thinks that Hitler was a genious...
i walked away from him right after he told me that.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
y'know, Yahtzee should have a disclaimer put before every video: if your command of the English language makes it difficult for you to grasp such nuances as hypocritical humor and sarcasm, then bugger off.