Zero Punctuation: Zelda Phantom Hourglass

NiceGurl_14

Aug 14, 2008
Actually, even though I've played a majority of the Zelda games, now they really suck. and I just thought that I might point this out that at the end, anyone else notice that he basically described the game Okami? or was that just me.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't like Phantom Hourglass, and it's pretty much for the same reasons...

Almost. I didn't like using the touch screen as much, but everything else was the same.

Grombo

Oct 11, 2008
lol, okami is a much better game than phantom hourglass

matches the description perfectly :p

Hollow_Six

Oct 12, 2008
I am yet to finish Wind Waker because of that useless part about finding the pieces for the triforce throughout the ocean that seemed boring after 5 minutes and failed to get better after an hour of searching so i gave up and traded it in.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Ok, I know it's been a while. But I found it ironic with the Valve statement. Especially with the Black Mesa game being developped. I thought it was worth the giggle.

kronoset

Jan 1, 2009
I liked that Okami reference. I decided to take a chance with that one and was NOT disappointed. Probably the most original and FUN game to grace any system.

chase211

Sep 22, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
What, did we all forget that Pikmin landed a few years back? What about when Nintendo tried to mix things up with Red Steel? They do innovate, its just that these new series are inevitably compared to Nintendos years old and perfected titles, and consequently come up short. Its a sort of DID reviewer thing, both attacking Nintendo for lack of originality from half the reviewers and the other half telling them to stick to what they know.

This sounds vehement and ranty. Oh well.
Red steel was made by ubisoft...I'm confused by your point and have chosen to believe your mentally challenged.

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Another great review. I'm currently taking a look back at all your reviews. I wish you all the best in the future.

arch3m1d35

Apr 16, 2009
The game you described at the end of this rant is titled Okami. Perhaps you should sue them for the rights?

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
I know that there's a chance that I missed the ironic joke and shall forever be shunned by the "indy" (inverted commas) crowd, but that was Okami right?

I don't know whether the blatancy of the joke was almost too powerful for me to notice but I'm pretty sure that was a penultimate Okami reference right before the credits.

UkibyTheMaid

Aug 11, 2009
The onyl reason why I still didn't finish this damn game is that supid huge timed/filled with unkillable enemies/annoying last dungeon that you need to visit over, and over, and over again.

I mean, it wouldn't be that bad if you could save in the middle of it and return later, but, no, Nintendo likes to kick you in the balls and say "NO! YOU HAVE TO FINISH THIS THING IN ONE GO!"

This annoys me greatly.

AxelMiller

Sep 22, 2009
Am i the only one that relised: Playing as a dog in japan, collecting magic spells and using a brush EQUALS Okami?

The_Toony

Apr 8, 2009
The end where he mentions valve releasing the same game a couple years later but just with new weapons makes me giggle because they went that route for L4D2. ;)

As for Phourglass....My only real complaint was the forcing me to walk/attack via touch screen. The DS has an A and B button and a D-pad. Why can't I use these things? They don't do anything else, so why can't I use them if I want to? I found the moving via touch screen to be incredibly awkward and annoying. And it was quite annoying to constantly have link stop and just start swatting at the air with his sword because the touch screen decided I was trying to attack instead of run.

Still a fun game, just could of been better had the DS touch screen not been totally shoehorned.

BenzSmoke

Nov 1, 2009
God I hated that starter "temple." That's the reason I never finished the game.

Oh and the bit at the end sounded alot like Okami to me.