ZP lost its edge?

tenlong

Apr 26, 2009
raxiv said:
Kanashe said:
Yes, yes it has. Your not the only one amigo, ZP has trully reached it's end. Let's face it, the jokes stopped being funny and became repetative/old matearil but with different pattersn slapped on it. Yahtzee himselfe went from a reviewer to a simple ranting troll who has an ego the size of Germany.
Inb4 flame.

I think its not as fresh as before, that's true. But taking the credit away from Yahtzee's work is a no. Look how many people enjoy him every week.

i like yahtzee's work. i do think its getting a little stale. i do think he needs to take some time off to get some fresh ideas. it might help his reviews.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
You really have to play the games Yahtzee reviews to get all the jokes about the gameplay but overall Zero Puncuation might be getting repetitive but Yahtzee's work is still as entertaining as it was.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
It's a fact of life: everything loses its edge after a while, people just can't be expected to be at the top of their game forever. I draw comic strips as a hobby, so I know exactly what it's like to run short on material and not be as funny as in your heyday. That said, I'll still continue to watch, because while it may not be as side-splittingly hilarious, it's still entertaining. And to me, that's what matters.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
If we actually look when this thread was started, it was january 21st, and ever since then there have been quite a couple videos that still make me laugh till im crying. Sure, the past two or three videos weren't exactly the best because I'm sure we didn't all run to the stores to buy the new Riddick game, or Hawx. Yes, it is much funnier if it is a giant mainstream game that sends him into a fury and foam at the mouth. But for his own mental health let him review games that he likes or wants to every now and then, and instead of thinking of him as comedian, think of him as a reviewer/critic

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Really? I think hes just as hilarious as he always was. the only new thing I dont like Is the theme song, I preferred when he chose his own music and let it play for a few seconds (he has a good taste in music.) I think hes hilarious, and Ive been watching him since waayyyy back, since his original fable review, (And Yes I know its not his First review vid, Its his second :>) And I actually found the escapist when he made the video eckzplaining he was moving his vids to the escapist. This isnt my first account either.

The Young One

Mar 26, 2009
I think he may have lost his edge a little bit, but I still think they are great.
I liked the old format, of using songs in each ep, but that might just be me.

lolmeister

Apr 4, 2009
Ok, so his videos arent as funny now. Back in the day he was something new and exciting, but hes a veteran now! However, I still find his reviews funny and entertaining, and look forward to the videos each wednesday :D
And if it wasn't for ZP, I wouldnt have found everything else on this site.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
In all honesty, anyone who did not laugh at the RE5 review is a sad, sad fanboy. And I'm pretty adamant about that, too.

TheSentinel

May 10, 2008
Kanashe said:
Yes, yes it has. Your not the only one amigo, ZP has trully reached it's end. Let's face it, the jokes stopped being funny and became repetative/old matearil but with different pattersn slapped on it. Yahtzee himselfe went from a reviewer to a simple ranting troll who has an ego the size of Germany.
You need to look up the word "irony."

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Maraveno said:
Avida said:
Maraveno said:
Avida said:
Im not so sure, yes the recent videos havnt been as good but i thought this beforeand he made a comeback IMO. I think its also party to do with his material bringing far less surprise then it used to now we've memorised the formula.
he should quit reviewing unfamiliar or at least the not-as-important games..
Why? Its normally when he's in his element.
You'll miss out on references..
I havnt played half these games (or at least before they've been reviewed) and thats never stopped them being funny, infact the only references it really matters if you miss are completely unrelated to the game, and i like that, if its obscure its all the better when you know it.

Surely you'd prefer poor ol' croshaw to do something he's passionate about rather us forcing him to do whatever big boring release comes next?

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Thediscoducky said:
toapat said:
the problem isnt with ZP, its the material ZP is given to slander. Yahtzee hasnt been given games that he can give his total fury to for a while. i more blame this on the fact that 2009 has been dedicated to counteracting the near total shit year of 2008 in gaming(only 2 desent games came out last year, Gears of War 2 and Spore)
Bwahaha. Gears 2 and Spore...
Good one.
Whereas I respect that each can have his opinion, I don't respect Gears for pushing nothing new and Spore for being...crap. It's over withing lunch hour and more then twice that will be spent fixing glitches. It's just so unpolished and unfinished and other un words.
Spore's gameplay is crap for the simple reason that it is repeditive. the game is only worth playing for screwing around in the creators so you can make fancy shit. thats what most everyone does in spore.
Gears of War 2 does nothing wrong really (you can have everything you want at any given time), and thus doesnt need to push the envelope. dont say that the multiplayer sucks, because multiplayer always has and always will suck for non MMOs.