ZP lost its edge?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
well, i don't think he has, i just think that he's reviewing shit games, or actually good games, which makes them less funnier when he shits all over them, i'm confused how his act works.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Well the house of the dead review sucked a bit, but no, i think yatzee is still funny.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
No. It's still hilarious and to the point. Here's an idea though; next time somebody wants to start the 3897531904878239nth thread about how bad Yahtzee has become, they might as well provide a compelling argument. For diversity's sake.

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
I don't think it's lost its edge. Sometimes I start to think that, and then a fantastic review like the one of the latest Tomb Raider comes along. It seems that they are hit and miss, but they always have been, luckily there are more hits than misses.

Studd_Jozz

Mar 11, 2009
He's still funny, to what extent is up to each of us individually.
Thread's over, people, nothing to see here.

nettkenneth

Apr 6, 2009
Curtmiester said:
I think he should take a break. That way we will start to miss him and when he comes back it will better then ever, since he'll have time to make new material.

he isn't a comic in that sense that he uses "material", he's a critic a more entertaining critic than most, but i have to agree on you he need's a break

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Avida said:
Im not so sure, yes the recent videos havnt been as good but i thought this beforeand he made a comeback IMO. I think its also party to do with his material bringing far less surprise then it used to now we've memorised the formula.
About he time after the fable 2 review (which was sweet) ater that he was becoming lame then he cameback after the thief review and went downhill after the Halo wars review. I think he will make another come back.

ThatJagoGuy

Feb 11, 2009
A week or two ago I would have agreed that ZP is in decline. Certainly there was a period of a few months in which most the wit was uninspired or simply recycled, with only the occassional gem. I did enjoy the latest Vin Diesel-baiting installment though. :)

nettkenneth

Apr 6, 2009
ninjapuma42 said:
Simriel said:
I still enjoy ZP, I thought the farcry 2 and GOW2 reviews where very amusing. The earlier ones are funnier yes, but Yahtzee still has a long way to go before he has 'lost his edge'
if he loses his edge
he isn't god so he have his bad reviews but still i watch his reviews i have a laugh and i repeat next week and that't the way i want it

Apr 17, 2009
I don't really get why people should care so much. I mean, if you don't like him, all you have to do is not watch him, right? No need for a topic which will undoubtedly result in flame, you know, like all the other ones...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Its psychological. After doing or watching something repeatedly over a long period of time it ceases to look good anymore. Also, ZP was only funny for me for the first few episodes I watched, then, like all funny things, it was boring.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
raxiv said:
Kanashe said:
Yes, yes it has. Your not the only one amigo, ZP has trully reached it's end. Let's face it, the jokes stopped being funny and became repetative/old matearil but with different pattersn slapped on it. Yahtzee himselfe went from a reviewer to a simple ranting troll who has an ego the size of Germany.
Inb4 flame.

I think its not as fresh as before, that's true. But taking the credit away from Yahtzee's work is a no. Look how many people enjoy him every week.
This. You're right, it's not fresh, but that doesn't mean to say it isn't funny at all! Admittedly it's not as funny...

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Doesnt really bother me, Im not a huge fan of ZP but I will still watch it every wednesday for a laugh.
Thing is, we get these vids for free, and he makes them in a week.

Maybe sometimes I feel like its getting repetitive, but the jokes are still funny, the animation is still cool and theres usually an actual review buried in there. Cause I think some people forget that hes actually reviewing these games.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I don't think he lost his edge for a second. The guy is made of edge. His reviews for me range from very entertaining to "Jesus, I have to link this places right now". The problem is that people try to eat him alive if he reviews a game that many don't know, like with Siren Blood Curse. I really couldn't believe that people didn't know this game, everyone who is interested in survival horror knows this game, it's not like the genre has a billion games anyway... Maybe people should broaden their gaming range a bit beyond TF2 and L4D and nothing else for 4 freaking years, that would probably end up making his job a lot easier, plus, uhm, you know, you'd be playing some really cool games.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
raxiv said:
Kanashe said:
Yes, yes it has. Your not the only one amigo, ZP has trully reached it's end. Let's face it, the jokes stopped being funny and became repetative/old matearil but with different pattersn slapped on it. Yahtzee himselfe went from a reviewer to a simple ranting troll who has an ego the size of Germany.
Inb4 flame.

I think its not as fresh as before, that's true. But taking the credit away from Yahtzee's work is a no. Look how many people enjoy him every week.
I doubt some people actually enjoy it. It's more of a ritual for me. It comes out on Monday, I watch it Monday. I don't always enjoy it, but I watch it because it's something I've gotten used to doing.

Edit: Sorry, wednesday. Was thinking of Unskippable, which DEFINATELY hasn't lost it's edge.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
the problem isnt with ZP, its the material ZP is given to slander. Yahtzee hasnt been given games that he can give his total fury to for a while. i more blame this on the fact that 2009 has been dedicated to counteracting the near total shit year of 2008 in gaming(only 2 desent games came out last year, Gears of War 2 and Spore)

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Not at all. Though it's a given he'll get mad hate, happens to everything that gets popular, from Simpsons to Metallica.