A few thoughts about January 6, 2021

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Just because your side is anti-democracy doesn't mean the rest of us have to play along. Lose with some dignity.
I had to remove the ignore to see what you were referring to.

While I agree with you, I was also confused by the sentiment that was quoted by the other poster. Isn't the guilty judging themselves the exact thing that most conservatives want?

"A police panel found there was no wrong doing, so you should shut up about another person being harassed/falsely arrested/dying!!"

"The Ex -President said there was no collusion. Let it go."

"Yes, we said Covid wasn't a big deal. We're sorry. Are you happy? Now, day 347 on how the left is taking this Covid thing way out of hand..."

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The cult is still being fueled by the attention seeker, the damage is still being done. This fraudit is nothing but a lie machine.

Honestly have never seen such sore insolant losers in my entire life. Even as a child with my sibling who often tipped the board game over they were losing at in a tantrum, that only ever lasted an evening at most. Not this drawn out embarrassment of a farce. Christ in hell.

Moving on to anti-vaxx updates, whose circles of influence are now pretty much entwined with a lot of these other conspiracies thanks to qanon;

It's an ever ever-evolving stinky shitshow of corrupt murderous (manslaughterous?) opportunists.

A glimpse of the reality exuding from this, of which people I also know are going through;

Thank you for the update. I'll be sure to spread the word.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And if it's only about adding transparency and accountability, but you accept it could also be about lies and whitewashing at times to do a commission like this,
The Republicans were offered the best opportunity for a fair hearing: a commission with 5 people appointed by each party, all from outside Federal government, and they voted it down. We can thus be absolutely sure that they have no interest in investigation and transparency, because they turned down a reasonable offer when they had it. That is your party.

you genuinely should read up on Maoist struggle sessions and understand what the Democrats are doing.
Why go as far as Maoist China on this when the Republican Party already exists closer to home?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The Republicans were offered the best opportunity for a fair hearing: a commission with 5 people appointed by each party, all from outside Federal government, and they voted it down. We can thus be absolutely sure that they have no interest in investigation and transparency, because they turned down a reasonable offer when they had it. That is your party.
Alternative theory on a fair hearing: they could just hold a hearing with an existing committee that follows standard rules for party representation, rather than invent a commission where they majority leader gets to pick the other party's representation.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Live court proceedings for Jan 6 police testimonials currently available to watch, can be watched from beginning;

Updating thread;

Last edited:

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
The capitol officers ask a good question: Why don't the "back the blue" crowd condemn the riot? I mean, we know the answer, but they still raise a valid point.

Alternative theory on a fair hearing:
Is that like an alternative fact? Trick question. You make shit up, dude. You really do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawki and BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The capitol officers ask a good question: Why don't the "back the blue" crowd condemn the riot? I mean, we know the answer, but they still raise a valid point.
Probably a similar reason why the nra didn't speak up when it was a black guy getting killed by a cop for having a legal permit to carry. They are on a team and don't actually care about what they say they do.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Alternative theory on a fair hearing: they could just hold a hearing with an existing committee that follows standard rules for party representation, rather than invent a commission where they majority leader gets to pick the other party's representation.
Sure. And the Republicans would have bounced or screwed with that too: with your approval and a suggestion of some other tactic they should have done. I could not be less interested in a game where you pick something that wasn't done and say they should have done that instead, which is only ever a game of goalpost-moving.

Like I said, the Republicans had the option of the most depoliticised and neutral commission handed to them, and they killed it. They do not merit good faith.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Sure. And the Republicans would have bounced or screwed with that too: with your approval and a suggestion of some other tactic they should have done. I could not be less interested in a game where you pick something that wasn't done and say they should have done that instead, which is only ever a game of goalpost-moving.

Like I said, the Republicans had the option of the most depoliticised and neutral commission handed to them, and they killed it. They do not merit good faith.
They did not have a neutral and depoliticized commission handed to them. You're describing things that weren't done as though they were.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Jan 6 commission is gonna be their treaty of Versailles. Something they can point at as a sign they’re under attack from within and use to justify actions they already wanted to take. Which is how politics has worked for my entire life so honestly why would anyone expect otherwise.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
They did not have a neutral and depoliticized commission handed to them. You're describing things that weren't done as though they were.
As good as it was going to be, they did. Minority leader McCarthy said after the riot there should be a commission. So did others, such as Lindsay Graham (gobshite though he is), opining there should be a "9/11-style" commission. You know, back when a few Republicans thought they might be able to come out of Trump's shadow. So one was drawn up as a bipartisan project...

...and the Republican Party promptly killed it because Trump and his diehards didn't want one, and Trump still owns your party lock, stock and barrel.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
As good as it was going to be, they did. Minority leader McCarthy said after the riot there should be a commission. So did others, such as Lindsay Graham (gobshite though he is), opining there should be a "9/11-style" commission. You know, back when a few Republicans thought they might be able to come out of Trump's shadow. So one was drawn up as a bipartisan project...

...and the Republican Party promptly killed it because Trump and his diehards didn't want one, and Trump still owns your party lock, stock and barrel.
Remember, only republicans can be neutral, so any commission that's touched by any non-republicans by definition cannot be neutral. Bipartisanship means others can watch.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Republicans love cops right up until cops "violate their rights" (i.e. stop them from doing whatever they want to do). Then they're jackbooted government thugs.
This is the funny thing about authority. Traditionally, right-wingers like authority - more precisely legitimate authority. But what is legitimate authority? In practice, this usually means the normal societal authorities, but as convenient often gets turned into "morally legitimate authority", which means the authority they want it to be, i.e. themselves.

Hence why when storming the Capitol, many seemed surprised or upset the Capitol police would resist them - their faith in society's authority figures seem to have made some think they should be on the same side. However, because the rioters faith in their own legitimacy was absolute and their faith in the police weaker and more conditional, there was a guaranteed outcome at how that contest of legitimacy would play out in their minds.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
These events keep happening throughout the country where they bring in the main influencers to repeat, elaborate and strengthen the very lies that fueled the Jan 6 attack, and now Trump has started touring, encouraging the cult, they're only growing in wild fervour. Also Jordan Sathar is a seller of "MMS" which is literally bleach marketed as medical supplements supposed to cure autism and cancer amongst many other bullshit claims. It's a veritable rotting cesspit of overprivileged white grifters. (This looks to be one of the smaller examples in comparison, but it's one example of hundreds within their media ecosystem).

There's a constant push to lionize the Jan 6th participants/perpetrators too, with significant pushes to make Ashli B a martyr even from Trump himself (now openly courting qanon btw) which started from white supremacist groups, like most of this crap we see now;

Lastly, it's advised to approach 2022 elections with extreme caution and vigilance as the number of Qanon connected people running for Congress has already grown to 42;

(And of course, the UK not wanting to be outdone);

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
(And of course, the UK not wanting to be outdone);
I sort of get the anxiety amongst the more paranoid that lockdown was the government demanding vast powers to control their lives, but I'm much more curious how that made sense in the context of the UK government's obvious desire to not lockdown at all, only belatedly changing course when the health service was at risk of collapse.

Haha. As if we should be expecting sense.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I sort of get the anxiety amongst the more paranoid that lockdown was the government demanding vast powers to control their lives, but I'm much more curious how that made sense in the context of the UK government's obvious desire to not lockdown at all, only belatedly changing course when the health service was at risk of collapse.

Haha. As if we should be expecting sense.
The few I tried talking to can't seem to seperate COVID-19 acceptance from blind government loyalty, despite stating multiple times I've never liked the Tories and that it wasn't them who were behind any pushing for any preventative measures, their brains just don't appear to register inconvenient information and they return to checking for the next juicy bit of disinfo that will prove them ultimately correct.

Reactions: CM156

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
The few I tried talking to can't seem to seperate COVID-19 acceptance from blind government loyalty, despite stating multiple times I've never liked the Tories and that it wasn't them who were behind any pushing for any preventative measures, their brains just don't appear to register inconvenient information and they return to checking for the next juicy bit of disinfo that will prove them ultimately correct.
It's impossible to argue with such people, sadly.