Funny events in anti-woke world

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I think it's a fair question. Obviously GW can sell models how they want, but from an in-universe standpoint, there's no reason to not sell female IG.

Like, I figure keep the models the same, and just have extra pairs of heads? Seems reasonable. On the other hand, the prices of even plastic figures are insane, and I could see GW charging extra.

But from a story/worldbuilding standpoint, there's no argument against female IG that I'm aware of, even if they've traditionally been male.
Then how come I keep getting called "Woke" and an SJW when I bring it up?

Be careful what you two wish for, you'll get your female IG. In separate boxes with a 10% price hike.
Won't happen. I Ebay'd off all my 40k stuff, in fact, my last bit got sold just Monday. One step in no longer fucking up the tabletop hobby that my SJW ass is apparently doing without even knowing it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Then how come I keep getting called "Woke" and an SJW when I bring it up?
Are you referring to Space Marines or Imperial Guard?

I can't speak for anyone bar myself, but if you want female Space Marines, I don't think that makes you woke or an SJW ipso facto, but I'd like a good reason, and what your stance is on male Sisters of Battle. If you want female Imperial Guard, heck, go for it, you won't get any argument from me.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States

I can't speak for anyone bar myself, but if you want female Space Marines, I don't think that makes you woke or an SJW ipso facto, but I'd like a good reason, and what your stance is on male Sisters of Battle. If you want female Imperial Guard, heck, go for it, you won't get any argument from me.
Imperial Guard. I'm well aware of the canon reason there's no female Astartes. Still, I get informed that doing so makes me one, and that I'm trying to feminize and cater to SJW's, oh and I'm also a Simp.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Imperial Guard. I'm well aware of the canon reason there's no female Astartes. Still, I get informed that doing so makes me one, and that I'm trying to feminize and cater to SJW's, oh and I'm also a Simp.
Well then I can conclude that the SQWs are being twats, and I agree that there's no sound reason for there to be not female Imperial Guard.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I think it's weird they made Sister of Battle in the first place. It's the normal half assed pandering to SJWs that usually ends up crap. They lucked out and managed to make something interesting and unique

Male sister of battle is absolutely fine with me. I just assume some males would fake being female to join up just like females have faked being male IRL. I also don't know why people with that kind of faith magic wouldn't be targets of Space Marine programs. Seems like a real benefit

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I think it's weird they made Sister of Battle in the first place. It's the normal half assed pandering to SJWs that usually ends up crap. They lucked out and managed to make something interesting and unique

Male sister of battle is absolutely fine with me. I just assume some males would fake being female to join up just like females have faked being male IRL. I also don't know why people with that kind of faith magic wouldn't be targets of Space Marine programs. Seems like a real benefit
*Points to them being first created in 1997 so long before the present SJWs nonsense began*
That might have something to do with it.

Also it's not faith magic as such it's technology but because knowing how it works is heresy due to the I think it was AI wars it's seen as things powered by faith.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
As a Republican, I will unhesitantly affirm that California's recall rules are super dumb, and Republicans having any chance at all is a consequence of a criminally stupid election system they've set up. Simple majority recall, with plurality vote on who replaces, among several pages of candidates competing in a general election against their own party, and you can't vote for the likely most popular candidate. An electoral system where the 49% popular candidate can be replaced by someone with 5% of the vote is just ludicrous.
I dont understand why the preference wouldn't lead to an early election. Who is this style of recall helping?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
*Points to them being first created in 1997 so long before the present SJWs nonsense began*
That might have something to do with it.

Also it's not faith magic as such it's technology but because knowing how it works is heresy due to the I think it was AI wars it's seen as things powered by faith.
Ya what? You know that feminism has been around for a looooong time and the same reactionary take has been around since they started.

For an example in the 90s, shows like Married with Children was directly calling out and belittling what we would now call SJW and PC behavior

You could probably write a Tim Pool show by mixing and matching quote from Ed Bundy.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Ya what? You know that feminism has been around for a looooong time and the same reactionary take has been around since they started.

For an example in the 90s, shows like Married with Children was directly calling out and belittling what we would now call SJW and PC behavior

You could probably write a Tim Pool show by mixing and matching quote from Ed Bundy.
Yes Feminsm has. The 4th wave variant very much wasn't around that time or at least far from the most prominent.

You could argue even the likes of Sir Lenny Henry were calling out the growing madness before it become anything bigger but back then it was very much fringe of the fringe types rather than anywhere near as mainstream of influential as now in part because of the lack of prominence of social media.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes Feminsm has. The 4th wave variant very much wasn't around that time or at least far from the most prominent.

You could argue even the likes of Sir Lenny Henry were calling out the growing madness before it become anything bigger but back then it was very much fringe of the fringe types rather than anywhere near as mainstream of influential as now in part because of the lack of prominence of social media.
1st wave feminism smash up bars and threw patrons on the street. 2nd wave gave us prohibition. Which... I thought was incredibly popular at the time

But, of course, 4th wave is the worst. Contemporary bias much?

Reactions: BrawlMan

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I dont understand why the preference wouldn't lead to an early election. Who is this style of recall helping?
Well, right now it's helping Republicans, but that's not really why it exists. They made recall laws like this in the era where elections were legitimately being stolen. When they passed this law, secret ballots were relatively new and there was no punishment for buying someone's vote off them. The idea of this form of recall is that the people have recourse if someone steals an election, and the person who did has no chance of cheating their way back in immediately. It was not, to my knowledge, intended to be used just cause you don't like the guy. And they should have changed their recall laws decades ago to match the increasing confidence people have had in elections.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
1st wave feminism smash up bars and threw patrons on the street. 2nd wave gave us prohibition. Which... I thought was incredibly popular at the time

But, of course, 4th wave is the worst. Contemporary bias much?
Yes and even many in their own movements happily rejected the people who did that stuff. Now though even daring to object to it will see people deem you the enemy and deemed acceptable targets.

It's not contemporary bias it's watching the worst people get to control said groups and movements via the kind of actions you'd have seen from groups like the Blackshirts in Italy.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
"We don't need to actually be honest, we just need to be more convincing liars."

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Fuck.

On Thursday, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd held a news conference regarding the massacre of four people in Lakeland that occurred over the weekend.

"We have a family going through something right now no family should ever have to go through," Judd said.

The sheriff stated he is going to try to answer the question: "How did this evil person" find the victims?

Judd reiterated there was no relationship between Brian Riley, 33, and the victims, but investigators now know why he came across the victims in the first place.

According to Judd, a witness that lives in the area said he spoke to his friend Brian Riley a few days before the massacre, and Riley said he was planning to help with Hurricane Ida. The witness offered to give Riley a first aid kit.

Judd said Riley was at his friend's home picking up the first aid kit around 7 p.m. Saturday in the area of North Socrum Loop Road.

Just after 7 p.m. was when Riley approached noticed Justice Gleason mowing his lawn.

Riley approached 40-year-old Gleason and told him God gave him a vision that his daughter "Amber" would commit suicide. Gleason told him there was no one there by that name. Gleason threatened to call the police and Riley reportedly said, "No need to call the cops, I'm the cops for God" before leaving.

"He drove off mad," Judd said. "But never did Brian Riley make a threat — just a bizarre, irrational statement."

Judd said investigators now know that Riley was "very angry" because he thought Gleason kept him from seeing the person he believed would commit suicide.

According to investigators, Riley said he then received another statement from God.

"God told me to kill everyone and rescue Amber because she is a victim of sex trafficking," Riley told police.

Judd said Riley said he then put an ops plan together, which "means you have to kill everyone."

Investigators believe Riley left his home at 1 a.m. with a large bag.

The massacre didn't begin until 4:22 a.m.

"So, where has he been between then and 4:22 in the morning?" Judd said, saying Riley explained the actions he took leading up to the shooting.

Riley told investigators when he left his home, he took the following actions:

• He did "reconnaissance" on Gleason's home.
  • Repositioned his truck three times so he would have a fast departure
  • Searched through the house to find three entrance points
  • Planned diversions and exit strategy
  • Slashed the tires of two vehicles, one of which he would set on fire
  • Set a path of glowsticks so he'd be able to find his way out, "and so 'Amber' would be able to find her way out"
"There were no victims of sex crimes in that house," Judd stated.

Judd said Riley explained he shot through windows and entered the back apartment. He stated he "cleared the house," and killed the victim inside, a 62-year-old white female.

"He shot an entire magazine into the victim," Judd said.

Judd said Riley then entered the main house by shooting out the back glass door. He said, "I knew I made a lot of noise, so I knew I had to push through."

Riley told investigators, "God told me I was protected."

According to Judd, Riley said he first shot and killed the family dog. He then tried to open the bathroom door, where the family was hiding. He said he struggled to open the door before shooting through and entering. Judd said that's when Riley killed Justice Gleason, before finding Gleason's partner and child and killed them as well. Those victims were only identified as a 33-year-old white female and a 3-month-old white male.

Judd said Riley then found the 11-year-old survivor and asked, "Where is Amber?" According to statements from the girl and the suspect, Riley reportedly would ask her where "Amber" was and then shoot her when she would say she didn't know.

Judd said Riley told police: "I tortured her in order to investigate, in order to find Amber."

Judd said Riley also asked the 11-year-old, "Do you know why I killed your parents? They're sex traffickers."

Investigators believed Riley thought he ultimately had killed the girl, but she "played dead and prayed." She survived despite suffering a total of seven bullet wounds.

Judd said Riley then had a shootout with law enforcement and was ultimately shot in the stomach before surrendering.

Judd said a total of five deputies and one police officer opened fire Sunday morning, firing 59 times. Judd said Riley shot "in excess of 100 times."

"He was a coward, an absolute coward. He looks like a man, but he's not a man. He's a sniveling coward," Judd said. "He was a bad dude when he went into this house and shot and killed a 3-month-old baby in its mother's arms."

Judd said Riley confessed at the hospital to the entire massacre. He stressed Riley's advanced tactical training: Four years in the Marines, three years in the reserves, he worked in executive and private security. Judd said he was "well thought of and well-trained," with 16 separate certificates in security.

The sheriff said investigators are still working on the scene and will continue to for perhaps the rest of the week.

"I was asleep when dad woke me up and took me in the bathroom to hide me," the 11-year-old said, according to Judd. He said the child has suffered incredible pain and loss and called her "brave."

"But she's alive, and how she survived that is truly a God thing," Judd said.

Riley "has shown zero remorse," Judd said.

The sheriff said there has been a lot of interest in helping the family. He said the family desperately needs help, as there are hospital bills, funeral bills and two residences destroyed.

"I never had a class in high school to help me deal with this," one relative reportedly said.

He said those wishing to help should donate to "quadruple homicide" at Polk Sheriff Charities, 100 percent will go to the family.

Riley has been denied bond and he faces the following charges:

• Four counts of first-degree murder
  • Seven counts of attempted murder of law enforcement officer
  • Two counts of shooting into building
  • Two counts of armed burglary with assault/battery
  • Second-degree arson
  • Attempted murder in the first-degree with weapon

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well then I can conclude that the SQWs are being twats, and I agree that there's no sound reason for there to be not female Imperial Guard.
Make a good basis for a Heretic Legion though wouldn't it? Or what about getting that Mechanicus wonk, Cawl - I think he made the Primaris Marines for Gulliman - to do it, like get the Abbess of the Adepta Sororitas to ask/entreat/bribe/beg whatever him to develop the Astartes Sororitas as some secret plan. Like this is not an impossible task, but there's ways and means that would make more sense than yet another of the Emperor's 'secret legions' AND it preserves the whole father-son dynamic that exists from the Emperor to the Primarchs to the Astartes. Or, perhaps one of the Senseis - the emperors direct born children - was a daughter and its her that they use as the geneseed for such a venture.

Reactions: MrCalavera