What are you currently playing?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I usually used his attack that did maximum stagger, and would charge in while Atreus would lay down suppressive fire on the same target. By the time I got to them with a shoulder slam and punch, their stagger bar was full, and I'd go into a kill animation and just bypass their health bar. While I was doing the animation for the kill, Atreus was recharging his arrows, so by the time I came out of the kill cutscene, he'd usually be ready to do it again. Rinse, repeat :LOL: It was super fun.
I typically go for the sprinting heavy slam attack, then the dodge axe spin to catch back up, this then would undoubtedly knock the enemy of his feet ready for Atreus to juggle him, and then I finish it off with an executioner's cleave which at that point would result in a decapitation. Good stuff.

It's funny because initially I wasn't that keen to try and string moves together in this game, but after playing Sekiro when it came out and being forced to relentlessly attack or die, I came back to GoW '18 to have this heightend sense bleed over into it, and I started really squeezing out those combos. I didn't even like Sekiro, but I appreciated the positive influence it had on how I played GoW '18 from then on.

They gotta loose that sprint on L3 for the sequel though, that shit sucks in the middle of combat.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So I beat the Iki Island DLC for Ghost of Tsushima. It was solid content. A little less emotionally impactful for me in some ways, but it's not like I was completely disengaged. Just, the emotional crux of the tension, was built on something that I wasn't as empathetic about. Still, very solid writing, voice acting, etc.

Ran into several bugs with this DLC though, that I do not recall with the base game. For me at least, base game ran like a champ, with zero issues (well, other than the platforming stuff I've mentioned before. But nothing like npc's glitching through stuff, no falling through the world, t-posing, etc. None of that). The DLC...seems to have introduced some minor hiccups here and there that are way more noticeable, and one bug, related to the new horse related content, that's completely fucked it up and made it inaccessible. The horse armor, has stats to it. It makes your horse's attack action (new with this DLC) WAY more OP (and awesome). But, for some reason, the game keeps unequipping the armor, usually between cutscenes. And, the option in Accessories to re-equip the armor, isn't there at all. The option for horse saddles and the armor (it's all in the same tab), is just completely absent. The only option I have is the flute.

I'm not sure why? My theory, is that I didn't unlock alternate horse saddles in the base game with this save file, so the game got confused about where to put the new armor stuff. But....actually maybe not, because I got the version with the extra content, including special armor for Jin, and matching saddles...so maybe I had access to it from the start and just never looked? I can't recall. Cosmetics like saddles, on a horse I almost never ride, are very low priority obviously. Anyway, I had to fully restart the game to fix the issue....until it happened again at the very next cinematic. So, yeah it's currently really strange.

Again, for me, not a big issue, because I don't like horse combat much, and given the verticality of the maps, you can't go very long in any direction before you need to hop off your horse and climb down/up a cliff to get to the thing you're going to. So I usually just run and fast travel. But if you are a fan of the horse, and after this DLC you probably fucking will be, because he's awesome, you might be frustrated at not having your Armored Horsey Boy of Badassery to ride around with, trampling Mongols and cackling as you do so. To clarify, the Charge Attack itself, is still totally doable. But the armor set that makes the attack more powerful, is what's bugging out for me. So you can still smash Mongols, it's just not as effective, or sustainable.

Still, good DLC, I enjoyed it. DEFINITELY wait until you've finished the main game though on a save file. It really just makes things strange if you don't do it as post game content.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So I beat the Iki Island DLC for Ghost of Tsushima. It was solid content. A little less emotionally impactful for me in some ways, but it's not like I was completely disengaged. Just, the emotional crux of the tension, was built on something that I wasn't as empathetic about. Still, very solid writing, voice acting, etc.

Ran into several bugs with this DLC though, that I do not recall with the base game. For me at least, base game ran like a champ, with zero issues (well, other than the platforming stuff I've mentioned before. But nothing like npc's glitching through stuff, no falling through the world, t-posing, etc. None of that). The DLC...seems to have introduced some minor hiccups here and there that are way more noticeable, and one bug, related to the new horse related content, that's completely fucked it up and made it inaccessible. The horse armor, has stats to it. It makes your horse's attack action (new with this DLC) WAY more OP (and awesome). But, for some reason, the game keeps unequipping the armor, usually between cutscenes. And, the option in Accessories to re-equip the armor, isn't there at all. The option for horse saddles and the armor (it's all in the same tab), is just completely absent. The only option I have is the flute.

I'm not sure why? My theory, is that I didn't unlock alternate horse saddles in the base game with this save file, so the game got confused about where to put the new armor stuff. But....actually maybe not, because I got the version with the extra content, including special armor for Jin, and matching saddles...so maybe I had access to it from the start and just never looked? I can't recall. Cosmetics like saddles, on a horse I almost never ride, are very low priority obviously. Anyway, I had to fully restart the game to fix the issue....until it happened again at the very next cinematic. So, yeah it's currently really strange.

Again, for me, not a big issue, because I don't like horse combat much, and given the verticality of the maps, you can't go very long in any direction before you need to hop off your horse and climb down/up a cliff to get to the thing you're going to. So I usually just run and fast travel. But if you are a fan of the horse, and after this DLC you probably fucking will be, because he's awesome, you might be frustrated at not having your Armored Horsey Boy of Badassery to ride around with, trampling Mongols and cackling as you do so. To clarify, the Charge Attack itself, is still totally doable. But the armor set that makes the attack more powerful, is what's bugging out for me. So you can still smash Mongols, it's just not as effective, or sustainable.

Still, good DLC, I enjoyed it. DEFINITELY wait until you've finished the main game though on a save file. It really just makes things strange if you don't do it as post game content.
I think the DLC will actually adapt depending on where you are in the main story. I never finished Ghost of Tsushima, and when the director's cut came out I started a new a game and went straight for the DLC as soon as I got access to it (after the first island section). And I can't say Iki Island ever exposed my to story beats beyond that first (main) island section. I think this is how the random interactable illusions function on Iki Island, where it'll only open up those that reference story beats you've already been exposed to in the main story. For example, I got illusions pertaining to Ryozo's betrayal, but never to Khotan Khan's defeat or fighting and killing/sparing Shimura (while I never finished the game I do know about certain spoilers).

I can't be sure, and maybe I just missed the spoilers as they were happening, but I think it'll take your story progress into account to avoid spoilers. Just like how HZD's Frozen Wilds will change depending on whether you access it before or after you meet Sylens.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I typically go for the sprinting heavy slam attack, then the dodge axe spin to catch back up, this then would undoubtedly knock the enemy of his feet ready for Atreus to juggle him, and then I finish it off with an executioner's cleave which at that point would result in a decapitation. Good stuff.

It's funny because initially I wasn't that keen to try and string moves together in this game, but after playing Sekiro when it came out and being forced to relentlessly attack or die, I came back to GoW '18 to have this heightend sense bleed over into it, and I started really squeezing out those combos. I didn't even like Sekiro, but I appreciated the positive influence it had on how I played GoW '18 from then on.

They gotta loose that sprint on L3 for the sequel though, that shit sucks in the middle of combat.
I changed it to holding Circle to sprint for a while but didn’t like how you’d do a dodge first before sprinting so changed it back. It just felt like a delay or wrong input too much.

Yeah, playing MGSV is the same way with L3 (and Horizon: ZD) but usually there you’re sprinting for longer stretches to cover ground getting to the action. Less with Horizon though since those machines kinda force you to sprint usually.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I changed it to holding Circle to sprint for a while but didn’t like how you’d do a dodge first before sprinting so changed it back. It just felt like a delay or wrong input too much.

Yeah, playing MGSV is the same way with L3 (and Horizon: ZD) but usually there you’re sprinting for longer stretches to cover ground getting to the action. Less with Horizon though since those machines kinda force you to sprint usually.
Well, it's primarily because sprint is tied to combat moves that otherwise don't activate, so you're constantly trying to very quickly click in that analog stick during hectic battles, and it just kinda blows. I hope they get a fix for this in the sequel, or maybe I'll just buy one of those super controllers with extra buttons.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I think the DLC will actually adapt depending on where you are in the main story. I never finished Ghost of Tsushima, and when the director's cut came out I started a new a game and went straight for the DLC as soon as I got access to it (after the first island section). And I can't say Iki Island ever exposed my to story beats beyond that first (main) island section. I think this is how the random interactable illusions function on Iki Island, where it'll only open up those that reference story beats you've already been exposed to in the main story. For example, I got illusions pertaining to Ryozo's betrayal, but never to Khotan Khan's defeat or fighting and killing/sparing Shimura (while I never finished the game I do know about certain spoilers).

I can't be sure, and maybe I just missed the spoilers as they were happening, but I think it'll take your story progress into account to avoid spoilers. Just like how HZD's Frozen Wilds will change depending on whether you access it before or after you meet Sylens.
I'm pretty sure I had an encounter where Jin talks about beating the big bad guy, even though I hadn't done it yet on that save file. I am curious about how it will react regarding the final end of of the game, and the choice you make. It didn't mention that for me either.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I just got to the boss of the current arc of Genshin Impact, and Christ this boss sucks to fight. I had to use multiple revives just to get anywhere, and I still ended up failing because apparently 'the floor is lava' is much more fun in China when the air is also lava.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Oh I just realized I forgot to complain about the terrible platforming in No More Heroes 2. It's only present for 2 levels, but they were some of the worst platforming controls I've ever played in a game. It was like they intentionally designed it to be terrible. Some platforms you just fall right off and others have little invisible walls you need to jump over, and controlling the direction of your jump is quite difficult. Then to make it worse they make you fight a bunch of enemies on a roof where you will definitely fall or get knocked off of a bunch of times and need to run all the way around a building to get back up.

Also I'm kind of mixed on the fakeout with the 51 ranks. On the one hand I'm glad I didn't have to play 50 levels of the game, but on the other it kind of makes you think that they were going to strip out all the padding of fighting random cannon fodder mooks for hours and just have 50 colorful boss fights, which would have probably would have been a better game. As it is, I'm not really sure why they bothered pretending they had 50 ranks other than to have a gotcha moment at the expense of the player, which is never something I appreciate.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh I just realized I forgot to complain about the terrible platforming in No More Heroes 2. It's only present for 2 levels, but they were some of the worst platforming controls I've ever played in a game. It was like they intentionally designed it to be terrible. Some platforms you just fall right off and others have little invisible walls you need to jump over, and controlling the direction of your jump is quite difficult. Then to make it worse they make you fight a bunch of enemies on a roof where you will definitely fall or get knocked off of a bunch of times and need to run all the way around a building to get back up.
Yeah, the Shinobu levels are unfortunately shit and clearly rushed and not play tested fully. I like Shinobu, so it's even more of a downer. Her only other playable appearance is TSA, and I am not big fan of that game's gameplay loop or play style.

Also I'm kind of mixed on the fakeout with the 51 ranks. On the one hand I'm glad I didn't have to play 50 levels of the game, but on the other it kind of makes you think that they were going to strip out all the padding of fighting random cannon fodder mooks for hours and just have 50 colorful boss fights, which would have probably would have been a better game. As it is, I'm not really sure why they bothered pretending they had 50 ranks other than to have a gotcha moment at the expense of the player, which is never something I appreciate.
Suda 51 and Grasshopper are known for fake outs and bait & switch bosses; especially in the NMH franchise. The first game has two fake outs, and III has several more.] Henry was supposed to fight 3 bosses in NMH2, but due to production time, they are relegated to a gag in a cut-scene. Which is really sad and wasted, as this Henry's only playable appearance, and it's for a boss that only exists in his mind. There is a mod you can download for your Wii where he and Shinobu can face any of the bosses in boss rush mode. It also fixes Shinobu's jumping mechanics to be more bearable.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Rusty Lake: Roots

So I decided to try something a little different and tried out a MOBILE PHONE GAME. It's also playable on PC but I believe it was originally a Flash game...anyway, the Rusty Lake games are basically Point and Click Escape the Room type Puzzle games, a number of them under the title Cube Escape by Studio Rusty Lake.

The game starts with James Vanderboon inheriting the family home from his RECENTLY DISAPPEARED father or uncle(I forget which) and being given a special seed to plant in the yard. What follows over the course of about 75 years(1860-1935) is about 3 generations of the Vanderboom family living in the house and....well, basically the family is cursed or something. Almost all of them end up being fucking wierdos to some degree, most of them end up dying horribly and there's creepy shit going on. It's very gothic and Macabre in a way that Poe would approve of with a dose of David Lynch surrealism and some good old body horror to boot. This is one of those unhappy families where the unhappiness comes from the fact they seems to be something dreadfully wrong with all of them in the manner you'd expect to see in classic literature.

But also weird shit just kinda happens at times that's not explained and might have to do with the house or region itself. For example, at one point, at one point you see the moon out the window. There's a telescope you can use to look at the moon and you'll see a dark spot on the moon. Look at the spot and they'll be a creepy guy looking out of a window in the moon(not a building on the moon, the moon's surface itself). He'll be looking back at you and give you hand signals to give you clues to solving a puzzle for the room you're in. This is never explained or alluded to ever beyond this particular incident. Normally this would be when you check your medication dosage or run screaming away, but here it's just another day in the Vanderboon house.

The game is divided into rooms, so to speak, that have puzzles to solve in each one until the room is complete and once a room is complete, the next one is made available. How this is done is, starting with the family patriarch, James, the tree planted at the beginning grows a little bit each time and a new room appears a little further up the tree. Not long into it, three children are born and the tree splits into 3 branches, so there's always 3 different rooms to attempt at any given time(so if one is frustrating you, you can try a different one) but you need to eventually do all of them to finish the game. It can also be wierd because there is a chronology here, where the height corresponds to the time(Higher rooms take place later then earlier rooms) so you can run into situations where you just saw a character die but now they're alive because that room takes place earlier in the timeline.

The puzzles are all over the place in type and difficulty but there are clues to help solve them(some more then others) and I only needed to check a guide a couple of times because most of the time I could readily suss out what I was supposed to do. Each room is self contained which means the clue and answer will only be in that room alone(though there's one endgame puzzle where you have to take clues from one room to solve a puzzle in a different room!. Fortunately this only applies to a few rooms).

So this is not normally my thing but it was a phone game that isn't just clicking for resources every 10 seconds so that was nice and I did enjoy tracing the surrealist fucked up nature of the vanderboon family. There is a story here, but it's fairly minimalist with very little dialogue, a little text which are mostly puzzle clues and everything else is visual and it's fairly comprehensible(except for the parts that are really, really weird).

It's not gonna be everyone's jam, but if you like surrealistic horror and puzzles, give it a try. It's a couple hours long(depending on your puzzling skills) and fairly cheap, like a couple of bucks.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Got my first 28 day streak of dailies in RDO. It’d never really been a goal before but figured I’d at least get the treasure map and gold bonus along with the buckle. Now there’s a new sale on horses so I’ll probably pick up the mealy dapple Breton to round out my stable.

Switching gears, also just finished all side ops in MGSV. All 157 of the bloody things. At least what’s left should be far less tedious.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Gotten to Alfheim in God of War and those Dark Elves are really fucking annoying. I like the lake of Nine, Yggdrisl and the bridge being kind of a meta gateway to the 9 worlds, except for apparently Jotenheim(I'm guessing the loss of that gate was to keep the giants contained) and Valhalla(because Odin doesn't like Vistors). I do kind of which I'd done some more side exploring around the lake of 9 before I went towards the mountain, but I figured at some point I'd be blocked(because it's way too early in the game to let me reach the big goal of the damn game) and I'd be set loose to wander around the lake a bit. Instead I was railroaded to Alfheim and now i need to finish this before I can go anywhere else. I can only hope I'm strong enough with the upgrades and XP I've gotten along the way.

I think I'm getting a good handle on the systems now, though I'm still not good at pulling off the combos I'm unlocking when I'm buying new skills and I've accidently unleashed the RAGE OF SPARTA mode a couple times I didn't mean to in the midst of combat.
Now I'm also getting new armor choices and between crafting new armor and upgrades I'm hoping I'll have access to enough resources through the game to actually fully upgrade the stuff I want. The problem is I'm not sure which gear is worth upgrading/investing in this early so I'm a little skittish about upgrading more then the primary weapons and armor I know I kinda like, because some of these upgrades require special resources and I don't know if those resources can be farmed or are finite.

Anyway, game is still beautiful and the dynamic between Atreus and Kratos is nicely written. I do have to wonder about the whole thing with Balder though. He shows up, bangs on Kratos door and basically picks a fight with him because apparently he knows who he is. Which begs the question: If he knows who Kratos is and what he's done, WHY PICK A FIGHT WITH HIM ALONE? This man has a reputation for murdering numerous gods and wiping out the entire greek mythological world by himself, and instead of bringing every Norse god who can lift an axe or a hammer to kill Kratos or force him to leave, he just provokes him into a fight because.....apparently he's a overconfident idiot or something. Yes, I know presumably he's immortal(because mommy begged everyone not to hurt her sweetums), it's still a really dumb thing to do. Unless he just knew he was an outsider and the Norse gods don't like foreigners, which makes it a bit less stupid. But if he knew Kratos was Kratos and Kratos had spent years, at least, chilling in Midgard and not really bothering anymore but some trolls, it would seem best to leave him alone. Or are the Norse gods just as stupid and arrogant as the Greek....don't answer that. I think I've found my answer

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gotten to Alfheim in God of War and those Dark Elves are really fucking annoying. I like the lake of Nine, Yggdrisl and the bridge being kind of a meta gateway to the 9 worlds, except for apparently Jotenheim(I'm guessing the loss of that gate was to keep the giants contained) and Valhalla(because Odin doesn't like Vistors). I do kind of which I'd done some more side exploring around the lake of 9 before I went towards the mountain, but I figured at some point I'd be blocked(because it's way too early in the game to let me reach the big goal of the damn game) and I'd be set loose to wander around the lake a bit. Instead I was railroaded to Alfheim and now i need to finish this before I can go anywhere else. I can only hope I'm strong enough with the upgrades and XP I've gotten along the way.

I think I'm getting a good handle on the systems now, though I'm still not good at pulling off the combos I'm unlocking when I'm buying new skills and I've accidently unleashed the RAGE OF SPARTA mode a couple times I didn't mean to in the midst of combat.
Now I'm also getting new armor choices and between crafting new armor and upgrades I'm hoping I'll have access to enough resources through the game to actually fully upgrade the stuff I want. The problem is I'm not sure which gear is worth upgrading/investing in this early so I'm a little skittish about upgrading more then the primary weapons and armor I know I kinda like, because some of these upgrades require special resources and I don't know if those resources can be farmed or are finite.

Anyway, game is still beautiful and the dynamic between Atreus and Kratos is nicely written. I do have to wonder about the whole thing with Balder though. He shows up, bangs on Kratos door and basically picks a fight with him because apparently he knows who he is. Which begs the question: If he knows who Kratos is and what he's done, WHY PICK A FIGHT WITH HIM ALONE? This man has a reputation for murdering numerous gods and wiping out the entire greek mythological world by himself, and instead of bringing every Norse god who can lift an axe or a hammer to kill Kratos or force him to leave, he just provokes him into a fight because.....apparently he's a overconfident idiot or something. Yes, I know presumably he's immortal(because mommy begged everyone not to hurt her sweetums), it's still a really dumb thing to do. Unless he just knew he was an outsider and the Norse gods don't like foreigners, which makes it a bit less stupid. But if he knew Kratos was Kratos and Kratos had spent years, at least, chilling in Midgard and not really bothering anymore but some trolls, it would seem best to leave him alone. Or are the Norse gods just as stupid and arrogant as the Greek....don't answer that. I think I've found my answer
Don't worry, you'll get used to the combat in no time. As far as the armor sets go, it's best to get some of the later ones or start with a medium one upgraded, then sell it. Then use that money to buy the better armor.

The dark elves are annoying, but once you get several upgrades and have Atreus upgraded appropriately, they become nothing more than annoying nats.

As far as Balder is concerned, the context isn't exactly what you think and I'll leave it at that. They do leave clues, but I'll let you figure that out.

Reactions: Dalisclock

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
It's covered in the story and is pretty important. I though the same as you but thankfully this is a really well written game and that'll wrap up nicely.

Don't worry too much about upgrading, gear isn't that important (also if you do everything in the game you'll outlevel the content pretty quick).

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
@Dalisclock The opening fight with Baldur has a few clues; one big one being the ”I can’t feel any of this!” stuff he seems to arrogantly be spouting. Basically he’s a masochist, interrupted and the reasoning behind it will be revealed eventually.

It’s been over three years since I first played through it so don’t recall exactly how Alpheim works, but once the Lake of Nine opens up the map is pretty much free to explore; although a few areas still might need an item found later to make it worthwhile. I guess the main point is you don’t have to worry about anything being missable. All in due time.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I'm playing InFamous but after moving off the first island I'm kind of getting bored. Yahtzee gave it a surprisingly favorable review, but I'm not really seeing it. Getting around town is kind of tedious and I'm getting really sick of slowly climbing up buildings. The combat is basically FPS-with-a-really-crappy-pistol since spamming the basic lightning attack is pretty much the best thing to do in most situations even though enemies can take half a dozen shots from it. The moral choice system is the worst part of the game. Sometimes you have the choice between doing something stupid or not helping and sometimes you have the choice between helping or being a jerk for no reason. You can turn this valve and get squirted in the face with black sludge or you can not do it and let the water be polluted. Cole never considers that he could try to turn the valve while standing off to the side so he doesn't get squirted with sludge. It's the same later on with the water tower pumps, he never considers that there might be a way to disable them without standing right next to them and blowing them up. Then there's the choice where you can help the police fight the Reapers or you can stand and watch them fight because... I don't know why.

I've been doing all the side missions because I'm obsessive like that and have the first island 98% cleared, but I think I'm going to just beeline through the rest of the story missions from now on. Or maybe I'll just drop the game, I'm pretty sure I've gotten my $2.50 worth that I payed for it. The game is just making me feel like playing Prototype instead.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I'm playing InFamous but after moving off the first island I'm kind of getting bored. Yahtzee gave it a surprisingly favorable review, but I'm not really seeing it. Getting around town is kind of tedious and I'm getting really sick of slowly climbing up buildings. The combat is basically FPS-with-a-really-crappy-pistol since spamming the basic lightning attack is pretty much the best thing to do in most situations even though enemies can take half a dozen shots from it. The moral choice system is the worst part of the game. Sometimes you have the choice between doing something stupid or not helping and sometimes you have the choice between helping or being a jerk for no reason. You can turn this valve and get squirted in the face with black sludge or you can not do it and let the water be polluted. Cole never considers that he could try to turn the valve while standing off to the side so he doesn't get squirted with sludge. It's the same later on with the water tower pumps, he never considers that there might be a way to disable them without standing right next to them and blowing them up. Then there's the choice where you can help the police fight the Reapers or you can stand and watch them fight because... I don't know why.

I've been doing all the side missions because I'm obsessive like that and have the first island 98% cleared, but I think I'm going to just beeline through the rest of the story missions from now on. Or maybe I'll just drop the game, I'm pretty sure I've gotten my $2.50 worth that I payed for it. The game is just making me feel like playing Prototype instead.
I played that about a month ago, and I got bored of it halfway through the second island and haven't picked it up again since.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
Though I had to crank down the graphics some, Nioh: Complete Edition for free was just too good to pass up. My sole gripe was that I have to start all over again and rebuild that oh so meticulously balanced gear set I had on console. Oh well!

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I've been playing Life is Strange: True Colors and it's actually kinda neat. Definitely a significant step up from the first game in terms of dialoge and performances. It also helps that the main character is more likeable then almost all the characters of the first game combined.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I've been playing Life is Strange: True Colors and it's actually kinda neat. Definitely a significant step up from the first game in terms of dialoge and performances. It also helps that the main character is more likeable then almost all the characters of the first game combined.
So I'm not constantly trying to save a human trainwreck who Death is clearly trying to claim over and over in this one?

That does appeal to me somewhat, and I actually kinda liked LiS.