Share some things that make you smile!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
And yet up until the early 20th century, the "first world" thought war was a matter of honor, and told their soldiers "Go, young man, and die for the glory of your country".
I mean, Sun Tzu remains a tactical genius compared to the current "we are unmanlyfying our armed forces" people. Like, somehow we're continually forgetting this lesson

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I mean, Sun Tzu remains a tactical genius compared to the current "we are unmanlyfying our armed forces" people. Like, somehow we're continually forgetting this lesson
How much of history has been lost because we didn't have the means or inclination to record it? This is why Sun Tzu is important. While what he wrote may seem basic, it was something written that people could read before their first battle and thus give them an edge and an anchor to return to in trying times of war. You don't have in depth military text books without the earlier written works, it has to start somewhere.

Anyway, on topic.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Anyway, on topic.
Reminds me of my dad. Was never an animal person, but when I moved back home with my dog after my divorce, it was a whole WEEK before I woke up at 2am to find my dog in his lap in front of the TV passed out together. Dogs. God should have stopped at dogs.

EDIT: This made me very happy. Thank you.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I love Star Wars. I love specifically how a single line spoken or a blurry figure in the background in the Original Trilogy can become the basis for a whole planet, multiple storylines, hell even several TV shows.

But this? This is just hella stupid and I can't stop laughing at it lmao

Reminds me of Quiet in MGSV, they both have totally valid lore reasons for running around war zones in bikinis.