General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I'm hoping that the Fallen Order sequel ditches the Dark Souls mechanics.

Also, Jedi and Sith....Are...Star Wars......

Hahahahaha!
Yeah, i agree. But time and time again It was proven there can be an amazing SW story that doesn’t have jedi/sith on the center of the universe.

Republic Commando, Rogue One, The Mandalorian, Bounty Hunter (the book series and the game), and the list goes on.

Like, I don’t mind having them as a side characters or side stories, but I want to experience something beyond them

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@BrawlMan, this might interest you
Looks like they're making a Crysis 4. I wonder if it's going to be a soft reboot, hard reboot, or alternate universe. Considering how everything wrapped up in the third game, it's most likely a reboot/alternate continuity. Thank you for the news.

Last edited:

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
Looks like they're making a Crysis 4. I wonder if it's going to be us soft reboot, hard reboot, or alternate universe. Considering how everything wrapped up in the third game, it's most likely a reboot/alternate continuity. Thank you for the news.
Considering it has 4 in the title, I don’t think it’s gonna be a hard reboot.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's rare in media, but it still happens. Where the numbered sequel doubles as a hard reboot. Or a case of where the sequel has nothing to do with the original, and it might as well be in there own universe. But yeah, it's either going to be a soft reboot or an alternate universe.

Last edited:

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
It's it's rare in media, but it still happens. Where the numbered sequel doubles as a hard reboot. Or a case of where the sequel has nothing to do with the original and he might as well be in there on universe. But yeah, it's either going to be a soft reboot or an alternate universe.
Unless they pull something out of their ass, that’s always plausible.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It’ll have to be a pass for me if it’s going to be some four player Co-Op, always online bs. With EA still their pub I’m not expecting much to get excited about other than graphics, sadly.

In fact I’m expecting a scorched earth response to occur across gaming media almost immediately after they say anything about it, since odds are it’ll involve the same brain-dead approach that’s ruined other franchises before it.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It’ll have to be a pass for me if it’s going to be some four player Co-Op, always online bs. With EA still their pub I’m not expecting much to get excited about other than graphics, sadly.

In fact I’m expecting a scorched earth response to occur across gaming media almost immediately after they say anything about it, since odds are it’ll involve the same brain-dead approach that’s ruined other franchises before it.
EA no longer an active publisher for that franchise. Crysis all belongs to Crytek now.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not interested, the roller coaster game is PS5 only. Fuck you, Sony.

I like the Rock, but I am too skeptical on this. I feel another over hyped vehicle actor coming along.

Another NFT biatch and sell out.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Giftable Atari NFTs are being released for the company's 50th anniversary.

Produced by Republic Realm, active developers in the metaverse and NFT ecosystem, the "GFTs" are giftable NFTs that "unwrap" on a specific date with a "surprise" inside.

There are 10 GFTs available in the Atari collection inspired by its 50 years in the gaming industry, with some more rare than others.

According to the roadmap on the collection website, the GFTs will unwrap on a specific date where users will find out if theirs is "common", "rare", or "epic". As more GFTs are bought, access to more is granted, on top of game competitions and leaderboards as the "metaverse" grows.

In essence, this is seemingly combining two of the worst trends in gaming from recent memory: NFTs and loot boxes.

"What better way to commemorate Atari's 50th anniversary than by ushering in a new era of technological innovation while also honouring the brand that launched the modern video game industry?" said Wade Rosen, CEO of Atari.

Hmm.

Janine Yorio, CEO of Republic Realm, describes the GFTs as "like Hallmark Cards for the next generation, a more exciting, meaningful gift than either a greeting card or a gift certificate." Sure, Jan.

The Atari GFT Commemorative Collection will be available from 1st February. But Republic Realm isn't stopping there: the Atari collection is just the first project based on a beloved brand to feature in its GFT Shoppe, a "metaverse-based e-commerce platform and retail store".
Thanks, Atari. Everyone hates it. Go back to your coffin.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

Maybe this should be under gaming jokes but anyway.

My first thought was "What now?" and then realized how accurate the title is.

My next thought was "Oh no......anyways".

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States

Maybe this should be under gaming jokes but anyway.

My first thought was "What now?" and then realized how accurate the title is.

My next thought was "Oh no......anyways".
Yep, this is what you get for playing follow the leader instead of making something your own. Copying others is almost always destined to fail. Yet they never learn.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Yep, this is what you get for playing follow the leader instead of making something your own. Copying others is almost always destined to fail. Yet they never learn.
I was looking at a list of games that Ubisoft put out from 2000-2010. The number and variety of games were staggering, whereas now it seems like Ubisoft has like 5 franchises and they're all pretty creatively sterile versions of the Ubisoft game. Apparently they decided at some point that if a game isn't guaranteed to make all the money then it doesn't need to exist in any way shape or form.

Well, at least we got Valiant Hearts: The Great War out of it, so Ubisoft's existence wasn't a total loss. Unlike like 90% of what they put out now, that game didn't pull punches at all. Sure, it looks like a comic book but it quickly reminds you that war sucks for everyone involved. It's also one of the few games that did and still makes me tear up, if not cry.

Last edited:

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
I was looking at a list of games that Ubisoft put out from 2000-2010. The number and variety of games were staggering, whereas now it seems like Ubisoft has like 5 franchises and they're all pretty creatively sterile versions of the Ubisoft game. Apparently they decided at some point that if a game isn't guaranteed to make all the money then it doesn't need to exist in any way shape or form.

Well, at least we got Valiant Hearts: The Great War out of it, so Ubisoft's existence wasn't a total loss. Unlike like 90% of what they put out now, that game didn't pull punches at all. Sure, it looks like a comic book but it quickly reminds you that war sucks for everyone involved. It's also one of the few games that did and still makes me tear up, if not cry.

You play 1 Ubisoft game you pretty much played them all. Although, I did enjoy Immortals Fenyx Rising last year.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
You play 1 Ubisoft game you pretty much played them all. Although, I did enjoy Immortals Fenyx Rising last year.
Their game are formulaic but they're still enjoyable, for example, starlink battle for atlas is a pretty fun space game (minus the annoying DLC/toy aspect). It has the same basic idea of open world game with copy paste content on the map but its carried trough by a fun combat system that encourage changing your playstyle.

Reactions: Dalisclock