Share some things that make you smile!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
She also appears to be young enough to not have the same level of familiarity with Popeye the cartoon as... well, let's be honest, the entire fucking planet....
I'm gonna be fair: Exactly how in-our-face has the Popeye cartoon/comic franchise been since the Robin Williams movie? And it has literally been two generations since that came out.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm gonna be fair: Exactly how in-our-face has the Popeye cartoon/comic franchise been since the Robin Williams movie? And it has literally been two generations since that came out.
Popeye is one of those ageless cartoons like The Flintstones or Tom and Jerry; they're prolific enough throughout our culture, that even without having seen a single episode, certain references are almost universally recognized. Popeye and spinach is literally the most recognizable aspect of the whole show, i.e.: had they shown a picture of Popeye, I guarantee she would have gotten it right. I find the humor in that she answered the question with a confidence not befitting her actual consideration of the question answered. She herself even mentions it at the end of the clip.

But like I said, she gets a pass given the circumstances. Had this been a trivia question on a pass/fail test, I could be harsher, but given it was a contest and immediacy the predominate factor, she's allowed a dingbats response. I mean that's kinda where 90% of Family Feud's entertainment comes from.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I mean, not one that's contained in a toilet paper roll...
It's not a LITERAL toilet paper roll. It's a cardboard tube not UNLIKE a toilet paper roll with a plastic plunger you pushed the sherbet up through as you ate it, hence "Push-Pop." They're delicious!

Reactions: gorfias

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It's not a LITERAL toilet paper roll. It's a cardboard tube not UNLIKE a toilet paper roll with a plastic plunger you pushed the sherbet up through as you ate it, hence "Push-Pop." They're delicious!
I would not trust manufacturers to NOT use recycled toilet paper rolls... But seriously, is it like that because it's handmade or something? Our push pops were a lot thinner.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I would not trust manufacturers to NOT use recycled toilet paper rolls... But seriously, is it like that because it's handmade or something? Our push pops were a lot thinner.
No, they weren't handmade; they were manufactured, and it wouldn't surprise me if the DID source the material from the same source as toilet paper companies. They were cheap, so I imagine it as a financial decision to make them with cheap materials. If they're still around, they may have upped the packaging quality, but I've not had one in years, so couldn't say.

Reactions: gorfias