What have you purchased recently?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
An OG Xbox and a few games for it, including True Crime 1 & 2 (They are truly awful, I love them), Timesplitters 2 (Surprisingly as good I remembered which is astounding), Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, Crimson Skies, Def Jam, Black, Brute Force and some other things I probably forgot about.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
True Crime 1 is actually decent to good, but 2 is downright awful and buggy. Timeplitters 2 is good, but 3 is even better.
Agreed. TC1 was actually pretty good, and TC2 was clearly a lack of awareness of what made the first game a respectable GTA knockoff.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A new modem, the netgear CM1000. Needed to upgrade because I also upgraded to gigabyte internet. If my work is paying for my internet usage for work-from-home might as well take advantage.

Reactions: Gordon_4

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
True Crime 1 is actually decent to good, but 2 is downright awful and buggy. Timeplitters 2 is good, but 3 is even better.
I do love Future Perfect but I haven't stumbled onto it or the first one, regarding True Crime 1, I disagree, having played it recently as in it's still inside my Xbox as I type this, it's trash, the story is incredibly trashy and stupid, the controls are horribly awkward and fiddly for shooting, the melee combat is also really stiff and shallow and the driving is horribly stiff and weird to the point that it feels like this game isn't even finished, which is to say it's terrible, but that's why I like it, because I like garbage, it makes me laugh and this game is hilarious.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
True Crime 1, I disagree, having played it recently as in it's still inside my Xbox as I type this, it's trash, the story is incredibly trashy and stupid, the controls are horribly awkward and fiddly for shooting, the melee combat is also really stiff and shallow and the driving is horribly stiff and weird to the point that it feels like this game isn't even finished, which is to say it's terrible, but that's why I like it, because I like garbage, it makes me laugh and this game is hilarious.
I admit that the melee I did not like, but everything else worked for me, and most I know that played the game. I don't have it anymore, but it was decent all things considered. You wanna see actual bad GTA clone trash? Play 25 to Life, NARC (reboot), Final Fight: Streetwise, or Beatdown: Fist of Vengeance. Then talk to me about actual bad GTA clone Trash. True Crime 1 has its problems, but at least its playable and just okay at the end of the day.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This tshirt.
1645456341353.png
Apparently, drunk people really like this shirt. I wore it to the bar yesterday where a few of my friends had gathered to watch the NASCAR race, and a group of highly intoxicated people on the patio were sent into a laughing fit that lasted the duration of my cigarette. Then, inside the bar, word had gotten out, and I found myself being spun around every minute or two so another person could read it. A guy in the bathroom waited for me to finish peeing and turn around so he could read it. This must be what being the "cool kid" must feel like... it was tiresome after about 4 minutes.

Below is another shirt I own. I wore it to the grocery store a couple months ago, and while standing in line, a very sweet, older lady standing in front of me said "oh, you speak Japanese?" And as she was about to turn her head sideways, I crossed my arms over my chest, and assured her that no, I don't speak Japanese, and my shirt "isn't very nice."

1645456068681.png

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
For those among you in the States, Rhombus paid $6.60/gallon
Yeah I didn't think it sounded like that much, but then I did the conversion and holy hell. Sitting here with my gas at $4.79 a gallon and being like "I guess this is fine."

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Man, hate to be those suckers that insist on 98 Octane for their car. That shit has to be close to $2/litre

For those among you in the States, Rhombus paid $6.60/gallon
And my weekly grocery shopping involves a 100km+ round trip. On the upside I can drive at speeds most suburban commuters would kill to be able to drive at and the traffic is great if you're not intimidated by B doubles and road trains... although you do occasionally have to deal with someone putting along in massive arse ag machinery or a mob of sheep crossing the road.