General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
What makes it funny is that even if it's sad, Microsoft is doing better than Sony right now because of how the hardware side of things has shaped out.
Are they? What do you mean? The PS5 despite the shortage is still outselling the Xbox. Xbox is closing the gap due to availability as far as I can tell and not even that is making them rise to the top.

Anyone that wants a PS5 is having a hardtime. But anyone who wants an Xbox can get one easily......yet they sit on shelves. That's pretty telling imo.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
What makes it funny is that even if it's sad, Microsoft is doing better than Sony right now because of how the hardware side of things has shaped out.
Randomly on Twitter I saw Xbox Series X was trending and thought either a new game was coming or some sort of other announcement happened. Turns out it's just this guy bragging about owning 5 xboxes for himself.
Like why are people literally buy several copies of the same fucking console? Why? Are there people literally buying numerous systems just to inflate the sales of a console? Is that a thing people do?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Are there people literally buying numerous systems just to inflate the sales of a console? Is that a thing people do?
Not a console example, but I bought five copies of Streets Of Rage 4. Three were pre-orders from Limited Run (one copy is a standard edition for my older brother), and then I bought two digital copies.

While it is not exactly rare, there have been moments of people buying more than one of the same console to increase sales/"to show the console is selling fine!" or just for ego stroking. This might have been a rumor, but I remember there was some jerk off that bought about four or five PS3s when it was still $600, just to say that the PS3 was doing better than Xbox 360.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Are they? What do you mean? The PS5 despite the shortage is still outselling the Xbox. Xbox is closing the gap due to availability as far as I can tell and not even that is making them rise to the top.

Anyone that wants a PS5 is having a hardtime. But anyone who wants an Xbox can get one easily......yet they sit on shelves. That's pretty telling imo.
It was apparently something to do with how there's just no PS5's right now and Xbox still has the "One X" or whatever the slim version is which has still been selling well. Or something like that. That's what I heard from a news outlet but maybe I misheard or they were misinformed.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It was apparently something to do with how there's just no PS5's right now and Xbox still has the "One X" or whatever the slim version is which has still been selling well. Or something like that. That's what I heard from a news outlet but maybe I misheard or they were misinformed.
The cable guy came to set up my internet (FINALLY YAY!!!!) and he said he had a PS5 too. So regular people are getting the consoles now, I just think they are still selling out like crazy everytime they come in, but i don't think it's just scalpers anymore and hasn't been for a while yet.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The cable guy came to set up my internet (FINALLY YAY!!!!) and he said he had a PS5 too. So regular people are getting the consoles now, I just think they are still selling out like crazy everytime they come in, but i don't think it's just scalpers anymore and hasn't been for a while yet.
Ah, dunno mang.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am so picking up a physical version of this. I'm glad Capcom actually decided to make physical versions for all regions. I wish they did the same for the Beat'em Up Bundle. They made only physical versions for the Asian and Japanese regions, you had to import. Thankfully, those are region free.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
If Fortnite has a lore, why not PUBG?
In fact, in Korea they are producing webtoons that are in PUBG universe as well
To be fair I didn't realize Fortnite had lore either. I honestly don't even know what Fortnite is anymore. I just keep seeing stuff about new features, IP crossovers and people's dances getting stolen or something. The newest ad for it makes it look like CoD but with people sliding on their butts for some reason

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
If Fortnite has a lore, why not PUBG?
In fact, in Korea they are producing webtoons that are in PUBG universe as well
PUBG is one of those games where I'm always wondering "who even plays this anymore?" and the answer always turns out to be the Chinese/Koreans/Japanese. I wonder why specifically PUBG is so popular with them, it was hot over here for a while but got overshadowed by CoD, then Apex, and now Valorant.

EDIT: Unless it's specifically the mobile version that is still popular, in which case I could understand.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
PUBG is one of those games where I'm always wondering "who even plays this anymore?" and the answer always turns out to be the Chinese/Koreans/Japanese. I wonder why specifically PUBG is so popular with them, it was hot over here for a while but got overshadowed by CoD, then Apex, and now Valorant.

EDIT: Unless it's specifically the mobile version that is still popular, in which case I could understand.
You forgot Fortnite. I swear PUBG was big for like 3 months and then Fortnite became a BR and proceeded to eat PUBGs lunch. Also the PUBG dev was super salty about it too, apparently thinking Fortnite stole his idea or something

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Another State of Play next week
This is the 3rd or 4th Sony showcase this year. How many showcases has Microsoft had so far since January? It's getting fucking sad at this point right? Microsoft makes me sad. Even Nintendo has done 2 or 3 Directs thusfar. I can't fathom how you spend all this money and have nothing to show for it.
Still a big emphatic BOOOOOOO though since still no Ragnarok. The irony of them trying to push smaller VR stuff is that they can expect very few people to also give a damn when most are expecting and anticipating other bigger things far more.

But anyways speaking of,

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
You forgot Fortnite. I swear PUBG was big for like 3 months and then Fortnite became a BR and proceeded to eat PUBGs lunch. Also the PUBG dev was super salty about it too, apparently thinking Fortnite stole his idea or something
Oh I didn't really forget, but for me it felt more like PUBG and Fortnite were coexisting. The few times I went out with my friends to internet cafes, they'd just switch between PUBG and Fortnite when they felt like it.

At this point Fortnite has no real competitors, it just exists in its own space. Sort of how CoD used to be.