Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Why does it keep getting worse?

*Deadpan* Yay....yet another MP zombie game.....Oh man....I can't wait *Slow Clap*

Can't get a next gen console? Good news, try cloud gaming! That's never gone wrong before.

*Pushes Stadia out the Window*

Nothing to see here folks.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

The Last of Us is Naughty Dog's SKyrim. Let's release it every couple years just in case people need to be depressed.

EDIT: Also this:

Okay, I'm taking bets on when developers run out of games to remake and start remaking the remakes. My money's on 2027.

"Were putting the finishing touches on the game"

Delay's the game an unknown length of time of at least 4+ months. "finishing touches"
I would like to posit that a synonym of "finishing touches" is "coup de grâce".

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
So SGF was definitely a letdown (only a handful of notable ones), and I don't think it's getting any better this year.

Xbox/Bethesda showcase will be trash, we've already seen Sony's state of play, both Ubisoft and EA have backed out of any major showcases this year, and Nintendo Direct probably isn't planned for anytime soon.

Another year of being disappointed. What a suprise

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Holy Shit. First we get a Live a Live Remake, then we get another Monkey Island and now we're getting Fade to Black Flashback 2? *

What fucking madness is this?

Are we gonna tie up Out of This World as well? What other old ass frachises are we gonna pull back out of the IP bin I wonder?

Don't get me wrong, I like Live a Live, Monkey Island and Flashback. I'm happy they're getting more love. I'm just shocked we're seeing these old IPs even getting remembered.

*I remembered there was a Sequel called Fade to Black but I'm probably the only one who does though I don't know why. I didn't even play Fade to Black. What other wierd useless shit squats in the dusty unused parts of my brain I wonder?

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The timing is just so off. After the release of the second game and the dust had somewhat settled, whether you liked it or you hated, it's undeniable everyone was left exhausted by this whole ordeal. At the very least I think I can confidently say most people weren't in a rush for more Last of Us content. And then Naughty Dog is like 'we're remaking the first game, cool right?' I'm sure I wasn't the only one that let out a 10-ton sigh at this. Like, the second game squashed all life out of these characters, and now we're getting a remake of the first game - read the room Naughty Dog.

Who knows, maybe the TLoU fanbase is creaming their pants over this, but I'm so fucking tired. At least this remake will release in September, so hopefully, finally Naughty Dog can move on to something else.
I read they have a new fantasy based IP in the works a while back, which apparently doesn’t involve Neil Druckmann, but that won’t be revealed until well after the hype for TLoU Remake has died down. Then there’s the multiplayer expansion for TLoU2 which seems like it’s in early stages of development hell given the delays.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Put up or shut up, Microsoft.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Why does it keep getting worse?

What keeps getting worse?

There have been stories of TLOUP2's multiplayer being spun off into its own thing because of scope-creep since the release of TLOUP2 and its lack of multiplayer.

Them now coming out and confirming these stories isn't bad in any way.

Reactions: Casual Shinji

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

There have been stories of TLOUP2's multiplayer being spun off into its own thing because of scope-creep since the release of TLOUP2 and its lack of multiplayer.

Plus being MP only makes it easier to just, like, ignore it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
For whom?

A person who isn't into the story / world of The Last of Us can ignore a single player game just as easily as a multi player game.
Whomever doesn’t see the value in another multiplayer outing for TLoU. I’ve read they’re going for a blend of Escape From Tarkov & Division which actually sounds fairly interesting, until realizing how much of the typical MP baggage they’re going to force into it. But maybe they’ve learned their lesson from the GT7 backlash. Or maybe they’ll try it anyways because it’s a genre that’s gotten away with nickeling and dime’ing people for roughly a decade now.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Whomever doesn’t see the value in another multiplayer outing for TLoU. I’ve read they’re going for a blend of Escape From Tarkov & Division which actually sounds fairly interesting, until realizing how much of the typical MP baggage they’re going to force into it. But maybe they’ve learned their lesson from the GT7 backlash. Or maybe they’ll try it anyways because it’s a genre that’s gotten away with nickeling and dime’ing people for roughly a decade now.
Honestly, all I am seeing right now is Sony making the same mistakes they did back in the 7th generation, but much worse. Once again, so much for humility and "games are art" from their perspective.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Yeah, I think Naughty Dog themselves even commented on multiplayer being something they'd release down the line.

But if this means Naughty Dog is just going to be the TLoU developer... *sigh* I'm never a fan of someone getting on stage and talking about all the different avenues they're going to expand their IP into.
Honestly, all I am seeing right now is only making the same mistakes they did back in the 7th generation. Once again, so much for humility and "games are art" from their perspective.
Well technically they made that mistake during the 6th generation when the PS3 was being developed. The 7th generation was them trying to reroute from that disaster.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well technically they made that mistake during the 6th generation when the PS3 was being developed. The 7th generation was them trying to reroute from that disaster.
Yeah, but they really didn't start course correcting until late 2008 and early-mid 2009. The PS3 launched in 2006. And even then during the 7th generation, they suffer from the whole "this game needs Call of Duty & Gears of War style multiplayer, otherwise it will fail" syndrome. Isn't that right God of War Ascension?