Cyberpunk 2077 Review thread - Umm....

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Well, I gave it a go. I played 88 minutes. I will not be playing any more.

Only saw 1 very brief T-pose but there was something wrong with the audio, I was honestly starting to wonder if it was deliberate, whether you were meant to start out with a dodgy audio implant or something.

But aside from that it just sorta felt sluggish. Like I was playing some sort of low budget cyberpunk shooter from the early 2010s. Sure it looked ok, but just felt off. It became apparent pretty quickly that it wasn't really an RPG, or at least not one with the sort of freedom I like, and if that's the case it's at least got to have gameplay that feels good, and it just didn't.

Refund request put in but it's probably too long since I bought it. *contemplates reinstalling FONV/4, shudders at the thought of installing all the mods again, goes back to playing Total Warhammer*

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
When was the last time any of these mofos learned anything though?

It’s rhetorical, because the answer is never.
Well they did totally rebalance the combat of the original Witcher to make it better, they also run GoG and seem to do good there. Really Cyberpunk was their first really noticeable misstep.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Well they did totally rebalance the combat of the original Witcher to make it better, they also run GoG and seem to do good there. Really Cyberpunk was their first really noticeable misstep.
I mostly meant publishers that get their orders from shareholders above all else and the devs that fall victim to the practice by proxy.

Reactions: BrawlMan

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Sweet karma.
The hype around CP2077 cause the stock to massively increase so they're essentially back to where they were before the game hype really started, also a big part of the drop came from just tech stock in general doing very badly in the last few months. Before that they were still substantially higher than before the game launched.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The hype around CP2077 cause the stock to massively increase so they're essentially back to where they were before the game hype really started, also a big part of the drop came from just tech stock in general doing very badly in the last few months. Before that they were still substantially higher than before the game launched.
Still karma catching up to them either way.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hmm, not sure about the direction they are going narratively, but I've said it before that I'm more excited to see the expansion for Cyberpunk then the original game since I think they will have a better handle on the tech this time so they can go nuts with the story and systems.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Yes, all the jokes aside I'm kinda excited for this expansion. Because now we can see how soldiers are treated, and other dark shit that exists in universes like this