General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Don't know if this has come up here yet, but they're apparently doing a sequel (reboot?) of Tiny Toons. Supposed to release this year. Info about it is really sparse tho.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Hopefully they can restrain themselves from doing too much gun kata in this one. The third one had just way too many gunshots in it, my dad and I got headaches in the theater.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Hopefully they can restrain themselves from doing too much gun kata in this one. The third one had just way too many gunshots in it, my dad and I got headaches in the theater.
Sorry about the headaches. The only headache the movie gave me was that it ended on a sequel hook. I am almost disinterested at this point. JW 4 & 5 were shot back-to-back, so you know there is already going to be another movie. I swear it's The Matrix sequels all over again.

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, they lost the magic, dug themselves into a deep whole and need sequels to maybe fix things. Not great signs.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Sorry about the headaches. The only headache the movie gave me was that it ended on a sequel hook. I am almost disinterested at this point. JW 4 & 5 were shot back-to-back, so you know there is already going to be another movie. I swear it's The Matrix sequels all over again.
Yeah I'm not particularly excited for this one. Two hour stunt man reels sound fun in theory but it just ends up being monotonous.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Buncha trailers got released. The She-Hulk trailer didn't look so bad this time around. The reveal at the end has me conflicted.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Atlantis vs Wakanda. Should be fun. So they definitely didn't recast Chadwick Boseman. Really hoping the next Black Panther is Nakia (which seems likely since they barely showed her).

Kinda annoyed they crammed Iron Heart in there. Christ Marvel, Iron Man's only been dead two years and frankly I was getting tired of his whole shtick. The Wakandan connection is much cooler than her comic book origins, but I can't see how she could possibly add much to what seems to be a very packed movie.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Buncha trailers got released. The She-Hulk trailer didn't look so bad this time around. The reveal at the end has me conflicted.
They focused less on the face and more on the fun.

Atlantis vs Wakanda. Should be fun. So they definitely didn't recast Chadwick Boseman. Really hoping the next Black Panther is Nakia (which seems likely since they barely showed her).

Kinda annoyed they crammed Iron Heart in there. Christ Marvel, Iron Man's only been dead two years and frankly I was getting tired of his whole shtick. The Wakandan connection is much cooler than her comic book origins, but I can't see how she could possibly add much to what seems to be a very packed movie.
I'm assuming the movie will mostly be about the characters dealing with the loss of Chadwick's character, which could be a nice way of handling it. And then ending it with the reveal of the new Black Panther saving the day. Nice trailer also, don't really expect that from Marvel.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States

wow-wow-wow-wow-wow.gif

I gotta admit the trailer is the best Marvel trailer I've seen in a long time. Somebody is getting an award for that one. Really pinched the heart nerves.

My favorite part is that Namor is straight up black. I can't wait for the internet vitriol on that one. Well "mixed", but for racists thats probably in the bi-laws somewhere. I think actual comicbook fans are gonna be like "ooh interesting twist" , more specifically making Namor wakandan. I'm honestly surprised they really littered the trailer with him and the Atlantians. I figured they'd stick to easter eggs.

The only draw back I see that might be problematic is that we already sort of did this "battle for the throne" in the first film. So what's Namors logic for attacking Wakanda? Cause I feel like it needs to be a bit different this time or I think the movie will suffer. Worse if they just make him a one dimensional baddie. I don't think they will with Ryan Coogler helming. While I thought the CGI was phoned in the first Black Panther film, the writing was on point.

I don't like introducing Iron Heart. Considering she's essentially a Iron Man 2.0 shoving her in before her own film could stymie hype around her character, if she's just there for a cameo.

If were doing rumormill, in the comics Shuri was rejected by the Panther for being a douche. There's also the problem of Angela Bassett saying "my family is gone", umm Shuri is T'challas sister, so either she's dead or rejected by the Throne. I think the most likely scenario is that this is about Shuri trying and failing to become Black Panther, maybe redeeming herself at the end or She does actually die after trying to take the mantle and the movie is being coy af about who's gonna be Black Panther.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
My favorite part is that Namor is straight up black. I can't wait for the internet vitriol on that one. Well "mixed", but for racists thats probably in the bi-laws somewhere.
Who gives a fuck they what they think? I am ignoring people like them as always.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I mean it's better than the first trailer, I guess? But even with the addition of Abomination and Daredevil, this still looks kinda bad.

Also, that 4th wall break was cringe

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
View attachment 6650

I gotta admit the trailer is the best Marvel trailer I've seen in a long time. Somebody is getting an award for that one. Really pinched the heart nerves.

My favorite part is that Namor is straight up black. I can't wait for the internet vitriol on that one. Well "mixed", but for racists thats probably in the bi-laws somewhere. I think actual comicbook fans are gonna be like "ooh interesting twist" , more specifically making Namor wakandan. I'm honestly surprised they really littered the trailer with him and the Atlantians. I figured they'd stick to easter eggs.

The only draw back I see that might be problematic is that we already sort of did this "battle for the throne" in the first film. So what's Namors logic for attacking Wakanda? Cause I feel like it needs to be a bit different this time or I think the movie will suffer. Worse if they just make him a one dimensional baddie. I don't think they will with Ryan Coogler helming. While I thought the CGI was phoned in the first Black Panther film, the writing was on point.

I don't like introducing Iron Heart. Considering she's essentially a Iron Man 2.0 shoving her in before her own film could stymie hype around her character, if she's just there for a cameo.

If were doing rumormill, in the comics Shuri was rejected by the Panther for being a douche. There's also the problem of Angela Bassett saying "my family is gone", umm Shuri is T'challas sister, so either she's dead or rejected by the Throne. I think the most likely scenario is that this is about Shuri trying and failing to become Black Panther, maybe redeeming herself at the end or She does actually die after trying to take the mantle and the movie is being coy af about who's gonna be Black Panther.
Namor isn't Wakandan. For their interpretation of Atlantis, the MCU is making them Aztec/Mayan themed. The dude playing him is Mexican.

They're not doing a battle for the throne thing, with Namor at least. Wakanda battling Atlantis is pretty common in the comics. From the trailer, it seems Wakanda with their advanced technology accidentally discovered Atlantis and now shits going down.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Namor isn't Wakandan. For their interpretation of Atlantis, the MCU is making them Aztec/Mayan themed. The dude playing him is Mexican.

They're not doing a battle for the throne thing, with Namor at least. Wakanda battling Atlantis is pretty common in the comics. From the trailer, it seems Wakanda with their advanced technology accidentally discovered Atlantis and now shits going down.
Guy 1: We're going to invade the surface world. Give me options.

Guy 2: Well, we're going to attack a landlocked nation on one of the world's driest continents, and this nation has the most advanced technology in the world. How's that?

Guy 3: I don't think that-

Guy 1: Done!

(I don't know if any of that is valid, but, well, meh.)

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Guy 1: We're going to invade the surface world. Give me options.

Guy 2: Well, we're going to attack a landlocked nation on one of the world's driest continents, and this nation has the most advanced technology in the world. How's that?

Guy 3: I don't think that-

Guy 1: Done!

(I don't know if any of that is valid, but, well, meh.)
Atlantis is also supposed to be a contender for the most powerful country in the world, so stupid decisions aren't exactly uncommon among global superpowers.