General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I really have to wonder, would anime fans care if ridiculous anime haircuts weren't directly adapted into live action?
You be surprised. It depends on the adaption. I've noticed it's Western otaku who seems to have more of an obsession of everything has to be 100% accurate compared, to the Japanese side. Hair colors and all. If any of these execs think about doing a live-action Tenchi, I'm gonna pimp slap them into a coma.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
You be surprised. It depends on the adaption. I've noticed it's Western otaku who seems to have more of an obsession of everything has to be 100% accurate compared, to the Japanese side. Hair colors and all. If any of these execs think about doing a live-action Tenchi, I'm gonna pimp slap them into a coma.
I've only ever seen the Japanese-made live action adaptations use these awful wigs though. So while I don't doubt the Western otakus being sticklers for being "accurate", I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese crowd consider wigs as necessary for adaptations.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've only ever seen the Japanese-made live action adaptations use these awful wigs though. So while I don't doubt the Western otakus being sticklers for being "accurate", I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese crowd consider wigs as necessary for adaptations.
Note, how I said by comparison. They have their moments too, but they're at least a bit more chill and easy going about it, depending on the adaption.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fake Accounts Fueled the ‘Snyder Cut’ Online Army

Which everyone obviously assumed, but the article claims that Snyder himself had a hand in directing all the toxicity these bots and real dumbass people had towards WB execs. It's a long ass read, and fucking wild if true. Reminds me more than a little of the whole Depp-Heard situation.
As much as I have problems with Snyder, I highly doubt he would take the time to coordinate all that. I believe the fake bots parts, but I know he had nothing to do with these idiotic assholes with no lives of their own.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
As much as I have problems with Snyder, I highly doubt he would take the time to coordinate all that. I believe the fake bots parts, but I know he had nothing to do with these idiotic assholes with no lives of their own.
I also kinda doubt he would have the money. But who knows. Fake outrage is cheap these days, and it sounds like he outsourced all his Lex Luthor-ing anyway.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I also kinda doubt he would have the money. But who knows. Fake outrage is cheap these days, and it sounds like he outsourced all his Lex Luthor-ing anyway.
Everything about this article screams clickbait. This isn't the first time Rolling Stone that has had a clickbait article.

Last edited:

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Law & Order: Organized Crime crew member shot and killed while on Brooklyn set

A crew member for Law & Order: Organized Crime was killed in a shooting on the series’ set this morning, multiple outlets confirm.

The man, who worked in parking enforcement, was shot while sitting in a car on set in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Per the NYPD, The 31-year-old worker, named Johnny Pizarro, was approached at approximately 5:15 AM by an unidentified assailant who came up to the vehicle, opened the door and shot him. Reports from Citizen indicate police were notified immediately, and confirmed the shooting by 5:22 A.M. The worker was transported to local Woodhull Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival at 6:00 AM.
In the wake of the shooting, production on Organized Crime was shut down for the day. The show is currently in the process of filming its third season. The worker was employed by a private company offering security—it remains unclear if the assailant had any personal motive against the victim or whether the shooting was a blitz of random violence. No arrests have been made in the incident at this time.

“We were terribly saddened and shocked to hear that one of our crew members was the victim of a crime early this morning and has died as a result. We are working with local law enforcement as they continue to investigate. Our hearts go out to his family and friends and we ask that you respect their privacy during this time,” a spokeswoman for NBC and Universal Television shared in a joint statement, per Deadline.
https://www.avclub.com/law-order-organized-crime-crew-member-shot-on-set-1849195396

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Fake Accounts Fueled the ‘Snyder Cut’ Online Army

Which everyone obviously assumed, but the article claims that Snyder himself had a hand in directing all the toxicity these bots and real dumbass people had towards WB execs. It's a long ass read, and fucking wild if true. Reminds me more than a little of the whole Depp-Heard situation.
Just about every other trending topic has bots involved and the first claim of bots was suspect to begin with.

And speaking of bots, remember this from before BvS came out?
FYBIssFXoAYqwA_.jpg

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
And let's not forget Rolling Stone's own history of crappy reporting. Look up UVA false rape story and false ivermectin story.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Hopefully there’s like, an actual torunament this time.

Please let it be over. Don't let the 80s repeat again
Oh they’ll reboot it again in another decade or so because money, but this is truly the end of an era (Jamie Lee and Nick Castle). Hoping it’s the best one yet.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

So instead of GoT, it’ll be…HotD now I guess?

Ha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA. And if they combined them we’d g…ok I’ll shut up now.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

And now for the complete opposite end of the fantasy spectrum, we do appear to have Chris Pine playing a Bard, Michelle Rodriguez playing a Barbarian, and we're also rounding out the party with a Paladin, a Sorcerer and a Druid.

Why yes, I think I will go and watch this in the cinemas :D

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

And now for the complete opposite end of the fantasy spectrum, we do appear to have Chris Pine playing a Bard, Michelle Rodriguez playing a Barbarian, and we're also rounding out the party with a Paladin, a Sorcerer and a Druid.

Why yes, I think I will go and watch this in the cinemas :D
Looks tight!