Game Articles and Videos Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
We've got ourselves a mystery

Inb4 someone asks if this isn't just a pc mod, that community has chimed in that the current modding tools only allow for texture mods, not new geometry or assets. They believe it's either real, or someone managed to create tools for something considered near impossible.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So Xenoblade Chronicles 3 reviews are popping up and I am incredibly sad.

The Xenoblade games have really cool characters and stories, but I cannot fucking stand that sit around and wait and pray your AI friends do their combo attacks style of combat. It's fucking garbage and for the life of me I can't understand how these games are so highly rated based on that trash gameplay.

Anyway it's getting 9's and shit so whatever.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I can't understand how these games are so highly rated based on that trash gameplay.
Because waifus....

Oh, and the franchise "saved the JRPG genre". Said no one ever, unless your name is Matt Simmons. Simmons definitely doesn't know everything, but tries to act like it, and tries "speaking for fans", when no one told him to do so.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

So Xenoblade Chronicles 3 reviews are popping up and I am incredibly sad.

The Xenoblade games have really cool characters and stories, but I cannot fucking stand that sit around and wait and pray your AI friends do their combo attacks style of combat. It's fucking garbage and for the life of me I can't understand how these games are so highly rated based on that trash gameplay.

Anyway it's getting 9's and shit so whatever.
I never understood the appeal of this offline mmorpg style of combat. I can barely tolerate it in mmo because there are good reason why it need to work this way when multiple people are playing at once, but why would I want that in SP game?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I never understood the appeal of this offline mmorpg style of combat. I can barely tolerate it in mmo because there are good reason why it need to work this way when multiple people are playing at once, but why would I want that in SP game?
I like MMO's and this is NOT mmo combat, it's much much worse than mmo combat. It's the most inactive random trash of a combat system i've ever seen. And the problem with it above all us is that you are at the mercy of AI you have no input with on whether you win a fight or not.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Eidos Montreal founder Stephane D'Astous has weighted in on Square Enix selling their western studios:

He claims that both the leadership at Square Enix and at Eidos HQ was lacking, and with this in mind he doesn't find it surprising that Square Enix sold them off, though he speculates that the sale is so Square Enix can be bought up by Sony with less hassle.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Eidos Montreal founder Stephane D'Astous has weighted in on Square Enix selling their western studios:

He claims that both the leadership at Square Enix and at Eidos HQ was lacking, and with this in mind he doesn't find it surprising that Square Enix sold them off, though he speculates that the sale is so Square Enix can be bought up by Sony with less hassle.
Seems like a good idea. Crystal Dynamics between Avengers and that final Tomb Raider game was just assfarts.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Not necessary news, but this news shows that ultimately the critics don't matter when it comes to AAA corporations exploiting people

How the game survived 10 years despite being the precursor to the hellstorm Diablo Immortal baffles me given how many gacha games go dead much sooner. I would normally say this is worrying shit, but this shows the reality of how unstoppable a giant of a company can be.

Yes, the Indie games can still bring joy, but the sad reality is Immortal is going to outlast their detractors and show us the grim reality of late stage capitalism in action

Reactions: Dalisclock