The “WTF?!” Thread

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I like how at the end it says it spit them out, but we didn’t see that, hmmm.

Anyways,

So, it's expected to take 50 years to build, but he wants it done in less than 8.

Is it me or was that logo stolen almost wholesale from Weyland Yutani?

Is that not the joke?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Oh FFS. I’m all about an armchair brand of fascination with the universe, but let’s be real with this nerdy clickbait. So earth “blazed through July 26, 2022, 1.50 milliseconds ahead of schedule.”

1.5 milliseconds, over the course of a whole year…is that really something worth blabbing about? A fricken solar flare or something could probably have more effect than that. ok IDFK but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

Oh FFS. I’m all about an armchair brand of fascination with the universe, but let’s be real with this nerdy clickbait. So earth “blazed through July 26, 2022, 1.50 milliseconds ahead of schedule.”

1.5 milliseconds, over the course of a whole year…is that really something worth blabbing about? A fricken solar flare or something could probably have more effect than that. ok IDFK but still.
There are some things which require really accurate timekeeping that this would affect, but yeah, mostly a non-issue. Though, the article didn't really try spinning it as a big deal.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's a bottle opener too, for all of those glass bottled sodas you drink while driving

And, see, here's the thing for all the "I want to be thrown clear in a crash in case there's an explosion" morons. Unless you're standing on your seat while driving, when you crash, you're not going head-first through the windshield- you're going chest-first into the steering column.