The “WTF?!” Thread

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh, I remember seeing that before. It's a dummy, not a real person.
I would hope so; didn't really look like there was a plan for a REAL person. Though that does beg the question what was the plan with the dummy? Why license Spider-Man if only for him to do something very uncharacteristically Spider-Man-ish? Why not just fling a crash test dummy or a convicted pedophile?

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Oh, I remember seeing that before. It's a dummy, not a real person.
I would hope so; didn't really look like there was a plan for a REAL person. Though that does beg the question what was the plan with the dummy? Why license Spider-Man if only for him to do something very uncharacteristically Spider-Man-ish? Why not just fling a crash test dummy or a convicted pedophile?
It's a dummy/robot, which actually does look pretty awesome in motion (and not fucking up);
Unable to embed video, sorry

Reactions: Chimpzy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's a dummy/robot, which actually does look pretty awesome in motion (and not fucking up);
Unable to embed video, sorry
Yeah, I think the wires got caught between the robots legs while it was spinning mid-air or something, so its arc ended up too short. Here's what it's supposed to look like.

Only the swing is the robot tho. The rest is a very human actor/acrobat. The robot is impressive, but not "choreography that long and complex" impressive.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Better than the Spiderman: Turn of the Dark stage play, they got loads of real people injured. They put the leading lady in hospital, replaced her with someone else and put her in hospital.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Sounds like a shitshow. Hey I know, why doesn’t Amazon invest their billions into R&D’ing a robotics program so that way they don’t even have to hire anyone. Besides maybe suits. Because, rather understandably it doesn’t seem like anyone else who actually has to physically work wants to be there anyways.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

Sounds like a shitshow. Hey I know, why doesn’t Amazon invest their billions into R&D’ing a robotics program so that way they don’t even have to hire anyone. Besides maybe suits. Because, rather understandably it doesn’t seem like anyone else who actually has to physically work wants to be there anyways.
Sadly, Amazon has set a standard of precision and excellence that the entire retail industry has been chasing for years, and they're actually powerful enough to do shit like this with abandon. Literal competitors use Amazon's supply chain network for fulfillment as the changes necessary to make their own networks competitive would cost massive amounts of dollars and substantial change to infrastructure. Amazon is a literal dictator. They make the rules; if you don't t like them, feel free to quit and go to someone else struggling in their shadow. Otherwise, you gotta get up to the lofty par they expect or get out; they don't care; there are tons of people beating on the door to be let into one of the largest and lucrative companies in the world.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Okay, so here's the funny thing: You're right. Amazon is running out of people (in the US) it could realistically hire to work in their warehouses whom it hasn't already hired and then subsequently fired/had quit.

(And of course they're working on robots. Robots don't need pee breaks or crying booths.)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
True life horror caught on film -

Like one of the comments said about the decoy in the road -

Bunny1 month ago
That wasn't a child on the road. That was a robot or a mechanical thing. It's intended to get you to slow down and stop your car, get out and investigate. If you do this, people come out from the woods to rob you of your car. Don't stop. EVER.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
During our river trip this past weekend, about a third of the way through our float, we pulled our kayaks off on a bank to eat a little something. This bank was about 15-20 yards from a mountainous road situated above us. We first saw a red car drive by extremely fast. Seconds later we saw a cop car, lights on and sirens blaring, headed in the same direction at equally high speed, followed by 2-3 others, then 2 state troopers, all in hot pursuit. The guy in the red car was in a LOT trouble. Never have I seen a high-speed chase LIVE before. It was scary because those road are only 2-lanes wide, very serpentine, and have a lot of blind turns; even doing the speed limit or less, you have to be really careful.

A few hours later, during another one of our rests on a bank, one of my friends looked up the local news, and apparently, that chase ended when the red vehicle hit another vehicle, killing the woman driver and critically injuring himself.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
See? SEE?!? This is the shit I'm talking about; these mutherfuckers wanna get out here and swim with the dolphins, whale watch, scuba dive, etc. Fuck that noise! And the people who just continued floating after witnessing likely the most horrific incident of their natural lives? I'm sorry, once I saw that, I'm out. I'd be praying for those two people's immortal souls whilst paddling furiously for the nearest shore. Almost being swallowed by a whale is not something I want on my life's resume; I'll sit on the beach with a cocktail and idiot watch like God intended!!

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
See? SEE?!? This is the shit I'm talking about; these mutherfuckers wanna get out here and swim with the dolphins, whale watch, scuba dive, etc. Fuck that noise! And the people who just continued floating after witnessing likely the most horrific incident of their natural lives? I'm sorry, once I saw that, I'm out. I'd be praying for those two people's immortal souls whilst paddling furiously for the nearest shore. Almost being swallowed by a whale is not something I want on my life's resume; I'll sit on the beach with a cocktail and idiot watch like God intended!!

I like how at the end it says it spit them out, but we didn’t see that, hmmm.

Anyways,

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

And the birds are all like "Hey, let's see if any bits of human float up!".

Remember, kids: Nature is a carnival of things eating other things alive.