Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
Now now, it was only meant as some gentle ribbing.
As someone who still has a small archive of flash games, I can guarantee I've played worse.
okay! posted it on reddit, thanks God someone knew it! 2nd game i was looking for is
Unknown 9: Awakening. a PC game teased gamescom 2020 by IGN
and was supposed to release 2022, but instead, everything about it went silent.

falcon72

Jan 23, 2017
Hi all, I remember playing this racing game, back in middle school (circa 2007-2010), on PC.
It featured unlicensed tunable cars, I'm pretty sure one of them was the Fiat 126p, most likely called Maluch and no, it's not Maluch Racer series but a similar game in the end.
You were able to race in small closed circuits, the "car and track" selection screen showed the track on the left and car on the right afaik. You would progress in the career and eventually unlock more cars and tracks.

Unfortunately, I don't remember anything else about it, hopefully someone will help me finding it.
TIA

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hi all, I remember playing this racing game, back in middle school (circa 2007-2010), on PC.
It featured unlicensed tunable cars, I'm pretty sure one of them was the Fiat 126p, most likely called Maluch and no, it's not Maluch Racer series but a similar game in the end.
You were able to race in small closed circuits, the "car and track" selection screen showed the track on the left and car on the right afaik. You would progress in the career and eventually unlock more cars and tracks.

Unfortunately, I don't remember anything else about it, hopefully someone will help me finding it.
TIA
I don't play that many racing games (and know even less about cars) but there is a website called the internet game cars database, IGCD.net
Here is a list of games on their database that have a Fiat 126p.

falcon72

Jan 23, 2017
I don't play that many racing games (and know even less about cars) but there is a website called the internet game cars database, IGCD.net
Here is a list of games on their database that have a Fiat 126p.
Oh thanks mate! I found the game, it was "Army Racer" from 2005. Quick find I guess :)

Stormwolf1O1

Aug 24, 2022
Country
United States
The second is some kind of bus-driving game, where you could go down the streets of San Francisco, and end up "sleeping with the fishes" if you went in the water. Really, that's what popped up on screen, I think. It was in a similar vein to the older Driver games.
Midtown Madness 2 (see clip)

ManLee

Oct 18, 2016
Hello all, now before I begin this may be long, I need to and must clarify that I have before posting here tried everything from searching for multiple years on my own many abandonware directories, archive vaporware websites and listings/filters, image searches, videos, forums, older threads, and what mostly ruins the detective work and identification are the endless oceans of garbage 'mobile app' and online free game results, here we go to ask for help from the community after many frustrations..

I remember playing multiple old computer (PC) games, from date range 1994-2003, these may have been complete games and/or shareware, freeware demos from compilation discs. A few of them which are:

1- The first is a metal ball/pinball labyrinth/maze tilt board type game, you had to avoid black holes whilst going through the level and reaching the goal. here are more detail specifications listed below(I will be adding this section for each game I ask about):

. - Had a 2.5D top-down view.

. - Controlled the rolling ball with keyboard arrow keys; meaning the board did not tilt.

. - Each board on each level had it's own theme level/stage including: A mini golf-like, grassy setting. Another had wooden floor. Another had purple floor with pink rubber elastic boarders/walls that bounced you back.

. - Might've had no music.

. - Dark or black background behind the teeter board.

. - There was a rubber, steel, golf ball selection for each stage's theme.

2- the second is a late 90s to early 00s horror (walking?) pc game details I remember are:

. - Third person.

. - the undead and zombies.

. - A scene I remember is we walk through a train(moving or shutdown) *could be a cut-scene, then arrive at a play area with a sand pit and a zombie child.. end of secene.

. - Character we play as wears a long robe, a hat, carry guns.

. - Dark atmosphere/ambience, almost no soundtrack/music.

3- An older ZX Spectrum-like 2D game(very similar to 'Jetpac' on the same system mentioned except it was for the PC and almost such as a 'bootleg' of some sort):

. - Play as white character in multiple fantasy settings.

. - Top-down flat view, you walk from top of screen through levels sorted and separated as sections by a thick line, where one you avoid fish in water, the next section you avoid mummies.

. - Shoot a laser that becomes shorter the longer you hold down button.

. - Almost the standard old CGA colour palette.

These are what I tried to search for so long for now, please help.

Thank you.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
2- the second is a late 90s to early 00s horror (walking?) pc game details I remember are:

. - Third person.

. - the undead and zombies.

. - A scene I remember is we walk through a train(moving or shutdown) *could be a cut-scene, then arrive at a play area with a sand pit and a zombie child.. end of secene.

. - Character we play as wears a long robe, a hat, carry guns.

. - Dark atmosphere/ambience, almost no soundtrack/music.
This one sounds a bit like Nocturne.

Reactions: ManLee

ManLee

Oct 18, 2016
This one sounds a bit like Nocturne.
šŸ™ƒThank you, as this was one when I searched before I had it adden on my list of possibilities. You have confirmed one.. thanks again worgen.

Now only for the harder other two, with many more to come due to my extensive research on this subject-matter as many others past on this forum thread as well as the archived ones.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
1- The first is a metal ball/pinball labyrinth/maze tilt board type game, you had to avoid black holes whilst going through the level and reaching the goal. here are more detail specifications listed below(I will be adding this section for each game I ask about):

. - Had a 2.5D top-down view.

. - Controlled the rolling ball with keyboard arrow keys; meaning the board did not tilt.

. - Each board on each level had it's own theme level/stage including: A mini golf-like, grassy setting. Another had wooden floor. Another had purple floor with pink rubber elastic boarders/walls that bounced you back.

. - Might've had no music.

. - Dark or black background behind the teeter board.

. - There was a rubber, steel, golf ball selection for each stage's theme.
I'm pretty sure that's Spindizzy Worlds AKA Spindizzy II.

ManLee

Oct 18, 2016
I'm pretty sure that's Spindizzy Worlds AKA Spindizzy II.
Thanks, but sorry, it is not.

The screen and board were sort of static, much more simple graphics and we only control the pinball using keyboard with borders to help guide or trap the player, Attached as an indicator and clue as to what it looked like, more 'fancy' than the generic 'phone app' and 'free online cheap flash game' image provided with multiple themes and settings mentioned above, sometimes a rubber ball, some levels steel ball and rubber borders, grassy ground (I am repeating myself). šŸ˜–

I am really getting desperate for very long and over the years on and off trying to search for this one in particular.

Attachments

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
3- An older ZX Spectrum-like 2D game(very similar to 'Jetpac' on the same system mentioned except it was for the PC and almost such as a 'bootleg' of some sort):

. - Play as white character in multiple fantasy settings.

. - Top-down flat view, you walk from top of screen through levels sorted and separated as sections by a thick line, where one you avoid fish in water, the next section you avoid mummies.

. - Shoot a laser that becomes shorter the longer you hold down button.

. - Almost the standard old CGA colour palette.
Could that have been Super G-Man?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
There was a kart racer I played on PC a while back, around 2001-2003 I think, and while I don't remember a lot about it, like what any of the characters or powerups were, I do remember that in order to unlock new tracks and new cups, you had to pass a license test like in Gran Turismo. Rather than specific racing skills, though, the license test was a time trial around one of the courses unlocked by that license, which you had to complete 3 laps of within a certain time, while also knocking over all of the traffic cones on the course. Which sounds easy enough, but there were also these blue traffic cones that would run out of the way as you drove up to them, forcing you to swerve all over the road to hit them and lose even more time.

It might have been on other platforms too, but at that time I didn't know or care much about other platforms.

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
all i recall is i played a game maybe in the early 2000 ~ 2010, from bird's eye view, you play as mini cars that use turbo in a crazy race, and the one thing that stood in attention was, in the map there was a train if it touches your car, it explodes.
you had to jump a few jumps, and the overall game was very simple.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
There was a kart racer I played on PC a while back, around 2001-2003 I think, and while I don't remember a lot about it, like what any of the characters or powerups were, I do remember that in order to unlock new tracks and new cups, you had to pass a license test like in Gran Turismo. Rather than specific racing skills, though, the license test was a time trial around one of the courses unlocked by that license, which you had to complete 3 laps of within a certain time, while also knocking over all of the traffic cones on the course. Which sounds easy enough, but there were also these blue traffic cones that would run out of the way as you drove up to them, forcing you to swerve all over the road to hit them and lose even more time.

It might have been on other platforms too, but at that time I didn't know or care much about other platforms.
There aren't that many PC kart racers, so could it have been one of these?
Wacky Wheels
Street Racer
Bomberman Fantasy Race
S.C.A.R.S.
Toyland Racing
RedCat SuperKarts
Toon Car: The Great Race
Moorhuhn Kart XXL
Crazy Chicken: Kart Extra
Crazy Chicken: Kart 2
Cocoto: Kart Racer
Action Girlz Racing

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

ManLee

Oct 18, 2016
Semi-cartoony teddy bear in sky/space shoot 'em up, bottom to top realistic backdrops/backgrounds and many enemy types, some of which are conch shells. Could be from east-asian origin around 90s and 00s. Highscore oriented arcade style. Similar to galaga/space invaders in gameplay although the screen scrolls upwards.

Edit: *For the PC might I add as well as it could have been emulated from a console system to some sort of integrated software on a demo/freeware/shareware compilation disc.

šŸ™ƒThank you again for the help all.

Last edited:

Fir3

Aug 22, 2012
Hello, I am looking for a SciFi RTS game for PC that I played around 2005-2007.
It was a demo version because I remember being able to play only a skirmish mission limited to 30 minutes of gameplay.
The game was similar to Starcraft, but it wasn't a clone like Outlive (2001) or Atrox (2001).
The main resources were minerals/crystals and possible even wood from trees as secondary.
I believe there were at least 2 races, one robot like human/mech and other alien.
The units that gathered resources for human/mech had a peculiar way of returning resources after collecting, instead of going back all the way to the main base, they would stick some pipes underground that would transfer the resources back to the main base.

I even have a low resolution photo taken of my monitor dated January 2007 (cropped).
I think that is the main menu or pause menu of the game.
In the top left a planet shape can be seen, in the center it looks like a spiral galaxy with menu buttons over it.
Based on date of the photo, the game must have been released before January 2007.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Semi-cartoony teddy bear in sky/space shoot 'em up, bottom to top realistic backdrops/backgrounds and many enemy types, some of which are conch shells. Could be from east-asian origin around 90s and 00s. Highscore oriented arcade style. Similar to galaga/space invaders in gameplay although the screen scrolls upwards.

Edit: *For the PC might I add as well as it could have been emulated from a console system to some sort of integrated software on a demo/freeware/shareware compilation disc.

šŸ™ƒThank you again for the help all.
Could that have been Toy Shop Boys?

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello, I am looking for a SciFi RTS game for PC that I played around 2005-2007.
It was a demo version because I remember being able to play only a skirmish mission limited to 30 minutes of gameplay.
The game was similar to Starcraft, but it wasn't a clone like Outlive (2001) or Atrox (2001).
The main resources were minerals/crystals and possible even wood from trees as secondary.
I believe there were at least 2 races, one robot like human/mech and other alien.
The units that gathered resources for human/mech had a peculiar way of returning resources after collecting, instead of going back all the way to the main base, they would stick some pipes underground that would transfer the resources back to the main base.

I even have a low resolution photo taken of my monitor dated January 2007 (cropped).
I think that is the main menu or pause menu of the game.
In the top left a planet shape can be seen, in the center it looks like a spiral galaxy with menu buttons over it.
Based on date of the photo, the game must have been released before January 2007.
My guess is one of TopWare's Earth Series. My understanding is that the Eurasian Dynasty faction has underground tunnels for some of their logistics. Unfortunately I don't play a lot of RTS, so this is only a guess.

The only other game I remember with a similar system is Petroglyph Games' Grey Goo, but that was released in 2015...