Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
What was the name of the isometric survival game with zombies that was really popular about 10 years ago? The only thing I'm able to search is Project Zomboid, but that doesn't ring a bell neither does it look like I remember. I recall you had to gather resources and build shelter all whilst avoiding zombies. I recall there were quite a few people streaming it or at least posting YouTube videos of it.

EDIT: I guess it WAS Project Zomboid. Never mind.
Awww... It could have been Dead State, you know.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
On the Super Nintendo there was this game where you were a blue blob and it was a sidescroller action just like Mario but with more jumping puzzles. I would love to play it again!
Pretty sure that was Super Putty or Claymates.

There is also one called Smart Ball

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
On the Super Nintendo there was this game where you were a blue blob and it was a sidescroller action just like Mario but with more jumping puzzles. I would love to play it again!
That's probably either SmartBall, Putty, or the sequel to Putty, Putty Squad. There's also a game called Morph (unrelated to the UK kids show) but the main character there is only blue while using a single ability.

Hotsun

Oct 3, 2014
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a 3D 3rd person adventure game, maybe between 98 to 2002, on PC.
There are different things I can remember but may not be 100% correct.

- In the first room you have to jump on top of some platforms and do not fall into water till you reach the door.
- Maybe some kind of flower or herb is used to heal.
- There were some bosses in the game, one bear, one flying humanoid.
- There were more puzzles than action.
- I think loading screen was like this: It's night, you can see title of the game and moon, some crows flying in the distance.
- Your weapon is a staff.
- One puzzle was to move or change the direction of some things (maybe mirrors) to guide the light through something.
- One platforming level which I never finished was a lot of stones coming out of waterfall and you have to jump on them to reach the bottom but some of them would fall when you jump on them and die.
- I have so many doubts on this one but I think you could choose the female or male character at the start and there were no difference in the levels.

Lin Lin

Oct 13, 2012
So I have a game here thatI’ve never been able to find the name of.
I remember playing this game on a video game exhibition back in 2003. It’s either on the Xbox or the ps2 or maybe an older console back then and here’s the game.
It’s a 3d platform we and in this game you control what seems like a little girl with orange hair and two ponytails… sort of… and you have to fight a bunch of monsters, this character that you control has one attack move, which is a spin attack with her ponytails.
I remember that there are a lot of items that you can pick up to use it as your weapon, and one of them was a rubber ducky, but what’s special about this rubber duck is that it’s actually a missile that you can shoot monsters with.
I also remember that there’s one monster that’s kinda green and has a propeller on it’s head, I specifically remember this monster because it killed me several times in game.
That’s all I could remember, if anyone know this game, please let me know.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
So I have a game here thatI’ve never been able to find the name of.
I remember playing this game on a video game exhibition back in 2003. It’s either on the Xbox or the ps2 or maybe an older console back then and here’s the game.
It’s a 3d platform we and in this game you control what seems like a little girl with orange hair and two ponytails… sort of… and you have to fight a bunch of monsters, this character that you control has one attack move, which is a spin attack with her ponytails.
I remember that there are a lot of items that you can pick up to use it as your weapon, and one of them was a rubber ducky, but what’s special about this rubber duck is that it’s actually a missile that you can shoot monsters with.
I also remember that there’s one monster that’s kinda green and has a propeller on it’s head, I specifically remember this monster because it killed me several times in game.
That’s all I could remember, if anyone know this game, please let me know.
Could that have been one of these:
Jailbreaker for PS1
Malice for PS2/Xbox
Stretch Panic for PS2

abod7

Mar 7, 2015
Hello everyone , its been a long time since i posted here , i cant thank you enough for all the help you provided in the old post :) i have a game for some friend we tried to find together he can remember this ( he played it in Win xp , back in 2007 or so , the game is older than 2007 and it was a 3d survival strategy "age of empire " kind of a game , he remember building and upgrading his tripe and exploring the map , there was no human , they were creatures some are yellow with white stripes , the graphics were cartoonish and the camera wasnt a top camer , it was a side camera on a 3d world :)

to narrow it down these game are not what im looking for :
Warcraft III
Alien Nations
Baldies
mega lo mania << close to it
Cultures: Discovery of Vinland
Anno 1602
Settlers 3
Beasts and Bumpkins
Swords & Soldiers
Warlords Battlecry
tzar the burden of the crown

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hello everyone , its been a long time since i posted here , i cant thank you enough for all the help you provided in the old post
i have a game for some friend we tried to find together he can remember this ( he played it in Win xp , back in 2007 or so , the game is older than 2007 and it was a 3d survival strategy "age of empire " kind of a game , he remember building and upgrading his tripe and exploring the map , there was no human , they were creatures some are yellow with white stripes , the graphics were cartoonish and the camera wasnt a top camer , it was a side camera on a 3d world

to narrow it down these game are not what im looking for :
Warcraft III
Alien Nations
Baldies
mega lo mania << close to it
Cultures: Discovery of Vinland
Anno 1602
Settlers 3
Beasts and Bumpkins
Swords & Soldiers
Warlords Battlecry
tzar the burden of the crown
It wasn't Sacrifice was it?

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
all i recall about it is....
pixelated art
point and click
you control a guy who visits a castle seeking a princess
and if you walk too much into the water you drown and die... then you are teleported into an underwater cave where you turn into a skeleton.
i can't recall anything else...
any idea?
yeah i used to die a lot; because i didn't know how to play it

Aspect

May 18, 2021
Country
Greece
So there's this old mobile game that I used to play like 6 years ago or so that I've been trying to find once again. I can't remember the name or its description, but I can remember a few details.

The game is set in a city, where you are controlling a single character.
It has a top-down view that does not rotate.
It has a storyline of sorts, or quests/missions at least.
You can drive cars and kill people for money, there is also police and stuff, as well as vehicles that you can drive (including stolen police cars I believe)
(I think) you can also enter some buildings.
The graphics were pretty old, but I can't remember if they were pixelated or not. I think they were only a little bit?
The camera does not rotate in any way, so there isn't anything 3D going on in that sense.
Overall it's faintly similar to a GTA game.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
So there's this old mobile game that I used to play like 6 years ago or so that I've been trying to find once again. I can't remember the name or its description, but I can remember a few details.

You can drive cars and kill people for money, there is also police and stuff, as well as vehicles that you can drive (including stolen police cars I believe)
The graphics were pretty old, but I can't remember if they were pixelated or not. I think they were only a little bit?
The camera does not rotate in any way, so there isn't anything 3D going on in that sense.
Do you remember if you played this on a iphone or android?

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
my question is .. is this forum still alive, or did it get abandoned? i tried to seek help for 3 games on reddit and my posts were all so much silent i saw no hope in getting answers there. can i get answers here?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
my question is .. is this forum still alive, or did it get abandoned? i tried to seek help for 3 games on reddit and my posts were all so much silent i saw no hope in getting answers there. can i get answers here?
It's half dead, half alive.

Paste your description and try your luck.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I don't know about your other posts but your last post is rather vague, the main line that gives something nicely identifiable is
" and if you walk too much into the water you drown and die... then you are teleported into an underwater cave where you turn into a skeleton."

I mean I kinda want to ask if its one of the kings quest games, but thats mainly cause I never really played that series so its just a stab in the dark, but it is a really popular point and click series.

Gamer5

Apr 15, 2021
I don't know about your other posts but your last post is rather vague, the main line that gives something nicely identifiable is
" and if you walk too much into the water you drown and die... then you are teleported into an underwater cave where you turn into a skeleton."

I mean I kinda want to ask if its one of the kings quest games, but thats mainly cause I never really played that series so its just a stab in the dark, but it is a really popular point and click series.
i asked this in April 15 2021 .. if it can't be answered. then it's okay ...

okay it's something that looked like "candy crush" type of games, you swap pieces together and every time 4 or so line up, you get some kind of bonus.
the game is line up tower like, in your face a big table of symbols and whatnot, and right beneath the table, some NPCs mini people are walking from left to right, you have a time limit until .. your "worshipers" all leave.
you get to have multiple powers as the game goes on, you give people donuts to distract them, teddy bears, and whatnot, and once the level is over, a huge lightening strike attacks the table giving you lots of bonus points, the mini people suddenly get scared stop in their steps and start bowing to you in worship.
the game is from the early 2000s, judging from its very old graphics. it's on pc alone. and i believe i saw it while i was browsing a big collection with luxor in it, you know .. luxor from 2005? the game i am looking for, has some kind of ancient Egyptian gods vibe.
so yeah i believe that the game, i am looking for is from the early 2000s ..
any idea?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also another game i believe from the late / early 2010s it's a puzzle game with lots of fox - like statues for PC
you create platforms using the mouse as triangles and and then stand over them to progress. the set up looks like an old temple, and a cave. that's all i recall.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
i asked this in April 15 2021 .. if it can't be answered. then it's okay ...

okay it's something that looked like "candy crush" type of games, you swap pieces together and every time 4 or so line up, you get some kind of bonus.
the game is line up tower like, in your face a big table of symbols and whatnot, and right beneath the table, some NPCs mini people are walking from left to right, you have a time limit until .. your "worshipers" all leave.
you get to have multiple powers as the game goes on, you give people donuts to distract them, teddy bears, and whatnot, and once the level is over, a huge lightening strike attacks the table giving you lots of bonus points, the mini people suddenly get scared stop in their steps and start bowing to you in worship.
the game is from the early 2000s, judging from its very old graphics. it's on pc alone. and i believe i saw it while i was browsing a big collection with luxor in it, you know .. luxor from 2005? the game i am looking for, has some kind of ancient Egyptian gods vibe.
so yeah i believe that the game, i am looking for is from the early 2000s ..
any idea?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also another game i believe from the late / early 2010s it's a puzzle game with lots of fox - like statues for PC
you create platforms using the mouse as triangles and and then stand over them to progress. the set up looks like an old temple, and a cave. that's all i recall.
Well, part of that description makes me think of an old game called Oasis, that has a more modern version called Defense of Oasis, but when you say candy crush type that makes me think its a match 3 game, which Oasis is not.

No idea about the second one.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States

Could it be one of these?
Gangstar: Crime City
Mafia City: War of Underworld
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (the iPhone got a port)
Crime Spree

Reactions: Aspect