General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

"He said, 'Never wear suede shoes.' I asked why and he said, 'Because you'll be taking a piss in a men's room and there'll be a guy next to you, and all of a sudden the guy will recognize you and he'll turn and go, 'Michael Caine!' And he'll piss all over your shoes!' I never wore suede shoes again."

Reactions: BrawlMan

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
No wait... No I think I would actually pay to see a theater perform some kind of Batman musical. Have Bruce and Penguin doing a duet about how money should be used, give Joker a big and showy number on chaos and killing, Two Faced gets a nice swanky jazz number.

Yes, give it to me. I want to see a Batman musical. (Specifically a theater performance)
*finger on monkey paw curls back*

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
They'll make a movie out of any game, huh?

Speaking of which

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Waiting for this. Don’t ask me why but she was pretty much my first onscreen crush.

Also, hell yes -

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Oh god, I’m getting Lion King “live-action” flashbacks.
What the hell is up with those eyes?! Like, I know they're supposed to look painted on, but seeing as this is live-action and they have to actually move like eyes, why would you make them painted-on?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What the hell is up with those eyes?! Like, I know they're supposed to look painted on, but seeing as this is live-action and they have to actually move like eyes, why would you make them painted-on?
And people complained Alita's eyes went in to uncanny valley. All the more ironic, because Disney bought Fox, can't get something right Cameron, Rodriguez, and their crews accomplished.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Looks like Umbrella Academy is getting another, final season. Guess I'll actually watch season 3 now, I was holding back because I was sure the show was gonna be cancelled.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

In the news and apparently surprising nobody.

Strangely, the films apparently did well enough to get like 6 of them despite the fact they apparently became increasingly incomprehensible as they went on.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

In the news and apparently surprising nobody.

Strangely, the films apparently did well enough to get like 6 of them despite the fact they apparently became increasingly incomprehensible as they went on.
I have given up on Hollywood or Capcom making a good official live-action RE movie.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I have given up on Hollywood or Capcom making a good official live-action RE movie.
I think part of the problem is the series is generally kinda cheesy and campy but in a way that works in a game setting and the RE movies kinda don't get that. Except for the really rare moments they do and honestly those are the few times I actually enjoyed the movies.

I get the feeling those moments are completely accidental rather then the production team doing any of it out of any self awareness. I've honestly never played the series but I feel I've gotten an appreciation for it from Noah Gervaises 7 and a half hour video on the entire series, and of course the culture osmosis from the past 20 or so years.

"You almost became a Jill Sandwich"
Shut the fuck up Barry.

Last edited: