Ukraine

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Bud, you have literally just said that the Ukrainian people deserved no mercy for bombings that happened for months before this attack occured because they smiled at a military gain during the defensive war on their country.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Bud, you have literally just said that the Ukrainian people deserved no mercy for bombings that happened for months before this attack occured because they smiled at a military gain during the defensive war on their country.
The incredibly low post count on the new guy is pretty sus. Spouting Russian propaganda is even more sus.

Methinks a troll bot?

Reactions: thestor

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
The incredibly low post count on the new guy is pretty sus. Spouting Russian propaganda is even more sus.

Methinks a troll bot?
Probably just a channer. For whatever reason those spunky fun anarchists who loved exposing pedos and scumbags have a real hard-on for Russia propaganda. I honestly didn't see it coming. How do you get from being a stay-at-home techbro jerking it to Pokemon rule34 and spending your Friday nights torrenting anime and trolling the Scientologists, all the way to being an exclamation mark on Russian state TV about the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation? Like there are a lot of steps there I'm missing.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
View attachment 7164

Ukrainians made a postage stamp with the terrorist attack on the Russian bridge. They were too happy yesterday. Today they live without electricity and heating.
Of course. A symbol of a crime against your country being attacked is something to be happy about. Your country being attacked by a vengeful dictator isn't.

The bridge symbolizes Russia's pride in the theft of Ukrainian territory. Ergo an attack against it is also an attack on that pride. Meanwhile Russia's attack against the Ukrainian population is just a warcrime done to soothe a warmonger's ego.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
You may not be aware of this, but Germany during the late 30s and early 40s was a fascist dictatorship under the Nazi party...
And what was Germany in the '20s? How and why did that change?

How exactly does it highlight the connections they have to Nazism to point to a connection they don't have with some non-Nazis? I'm dying to know the brainworm logic there.
What connection did Nazi Germany have to the Holy Roman Empire or the actual Roman empire? All that iconography, selected of, by, and for the Nazi party, was there for a reason, after all. Same as the Norse shit, same as the Catholic shit, same as the Swastika itself.

I'll make the point I made earlier invoking the language of the Third Reich. You reasoning would be as if you responded to that by saying "ha! Nazi Germany didn't actually have anything to do with the Holy Roman Empire or Roman Empire! It's ironic you pointed this out and it's incorrect!".

Because, once again, Nazis obfuscate themselves for legitimacy, and cultural appropriation is one of their methods of doing that. No shit, the Sich battalion has fuck-all to do with the Sich riflemen or the Sich movement, they're just pretending it does to obfuscate and legitimize themselves.

Of course. A symbol of a crime against your country being attacked is something to be happy about. Your country being attacked by a vengeful dictator isn't.

The bridge symbolizes Russia's pride in the theft of Ukrainian territory. Ergo an attack against it is also an attack on that pride. Meanwhile Russia's attack against the Ukrainian population is just a warcrime done to soothe a warmonger's ego.
Well, when one goes on an international media tour and before live international television advocating international preemptive strikes, and an escalation to a global total war footing when you're already winning the war and have a critical window for leveraging recent military success to enter peace negotiations...one probably shouldn't go surprised Pikachu face when opfor (which happens to have the world's third largest military and second most powerful on the global firepower index) launches a mass, coordinated, cruise missile infrastructural decapitation strike entirely pursuant to total war doctrine.

Ask and ye shall receive. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Def

Mar 16, 2014

I thought the bridge symbolizes not more than Russia's pride in the civil engineering. Ukrainians didn't reach their goal. The bridge is still in working order. What they have done: killed 3 innocent civilians, stopped the use of the bridge for several hours and triggered the answer from Russia.

One difference between Ukrainians and Russians is Russians have no symbols to destroy.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The Ukrainians planted a bomb in a civilian truck. The driver thought he was delivering fertilizer.

That is a terrorist method.
Espionage. The word you’re looking for is espionage. Winston Churchill called it Ungentlemanly Warfare.

EDIT: or perhaps, depending on who did it, asymmetrical warfare might be more accurate.

Last edited:

Def

Mar 16, 2014
Considering how much of a fit Russia throws whenever a country decides to take down their local Soviet-era statue, I think this is false.
Russia generally criticizes fights with monuments, if the monuments are not obviously against Russia or they praise NAZI. Especially if the monuments are beautiful. Russia has criticized the war with statues in the USA. Why didn't a single Russian missile target the Independence Monument in Kyiv? Because: Russians are not barbarians; this act will rally the Ukrainian people against Russia as well as the terrorist act on the bridge rallied Russian people against Ukrainians; missiles are too expensive things for fights with symbols.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Russian missiles cant be wasted on symbols, not when there are still apartment buildings and parks to target.
Eh, if all three are close together, more likely to hit something, and then you say that was what you were trying to hit.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
What connection did Nazi Germany have to the Holy Roman Empire or the actual Roman empire? All that iconography, selected of, by, and for the Nazi party, was there for a reason, after all. Same as the Norse shit, same as the Catholic shit, same as the Swastika itself.

I'll make the point I made earlier invoking the language of the Third Reich. You reasoning would be as if you responded to that by saying "ha! Nazi Germany didn't actually have anything to do with the Holy Roman Empire or Roman Empire! It's ironic you pointed this out and it's incorrect!".

Because, once again, Nazis obfuscate themselves for legitimacy, and cultural appropriation is one of their methods of doing that. No shit, the Sich battalion has fuck-all to do with the Sich riflemen or the Sich movement, they're just pretending it does to obfuscate and legitimize themselves.
Ah. So when you said they were connected, you actually meant they're not connected. I'm sorry I didn't notice that totally clear reasoning. My bad you definitely didn't just make a mistake.

a mass, coordinated, cruise missile infrastructural decapitation strike
Yeah, gotta destroy those parks, playgrounds and residential apartments. Critical infrastructure right there.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

Anyway, we're to be happy that Ukraine is making some modest territorial recoveries because freedom and democracy, yay!

Wyatt must not have gotten the memo; this sort of thing is only bad when Russia does it or can be blamed for it, no matter how tenuously. For example, petal mine attacks against Donetsk are allowed to be bad because the UK says Russia could have done it. Without sense or reason, Russia must have been behind them because they're the only ones who do war crimes in Ukraine and history started in late February, 2022.