The Great Final Fantasy Retrospective - Let's Mosey

Gamertrek

Oct 20, 2022
My available PC is not so hot no more.
It is this

A. Update the GPU unit.

B. Update the processor and possible board.

C. Update the memory.

About having more games you have to deal with Direct X requirements, and possible emulation requirements. It gets simpler along the way.

Another problem is maybe your still under the spell of being a consumer who can not realize all games are basically tic-tac-toe. So once you get that image of individualism out of your mind and start thinking about "Maybe I should invest in a chunk of gold, bond, or stock" maybe you will feel better about trying more different gaming options.

If you was in my area. I would be more then happy to donate all the games and associated software I have on my machine that is available and not installed.

You have to learn as you go.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It is this

A. Update the GPU unit.

B. Update the processor and possible board.

C. Update the memory.

About having more games you have to deal with Direct X requirements, and possible emulation requirements. It gets simpler along the way.

Another problem is maybe your still under the spell of being a consumer who can not realize all games are basically tic-tac-toe. So once you get that image of individualism out of your mind and start thinking about "Maybe I should invest in a chunk of gold, bond, or stock" maybe you will feel better about trying more different gaming options.

If you was in my area. I would be more then happy to donate all the games and associated software I have on my machine that is available and not installed.

You have to learn as you go.
Fucking what!?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I can't tell if its advanced bot, weird machine translation or just really strange writing style.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Whether a bot or NCO, The Devil’s Arithmetic is an interesting choice of an avatar for it to make.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And now for a bonus episode because I feel like it and in the time since this game came out, I've played and beaten it 10 times. Ten.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake:

When this game was first announced it was during 2015 which was before FF15 had released and promptly was mostly disappointing. So in reality there was no real reason to think or believe they wouldn't fuck it up. Still watching the reveal trailer, a clip that has spawn reaction compliations over 7 hours long, I cried when the word "Remake" appeared. I wasn't the only one who couldn't believe it, just watch any of Maximillion_Dood's reactions, Caleb Hart, or countless others.

Then the game went mostly dark for years. IIRC there was a little news in 2016 about CyberConnect2 having development troubles and the previews around that time looked rough. Then news came that Square was taking it in-house, and everyone figured that was going to be a full reset of the project, so it would be another FF game to take 10+ years of development and come out like a wet paper bag. The game went dark for another couple of years, no news, no teases, no updates, fucking nothing.

Then State of Play March 2019. The State of Play started with an FF7 sound effect and only I and Max knew the sound. I watch lots of reactions to that SoP and nobody but Max knew the sound, or at least acknowledged it. But the State of Play went on, and it was a short one like 15minutes or something, there was some Monster Hunter, some indie games, a new special edition PSpro, and that was it....Except the announcer says, "Before we go, we want to give you a look at a long awaited game." Then this:

The game was real, it was approaching, and above all else it looked GOOD. Square had made the graphics, especially character models much cleaner from what CyberConnect had shown years before. E3 that year, Square would open with this game and show off combat, a playable demo, a longer trailer that revealed even more. The game looked incredible.

Channels popped up like CosmoCanyonObservatory who would look at every single shot in every trailer for the next year, analysing things to the smallest detail. It showed off two very important and very reassuring details. Number 1 was that Square was taking the game seriously, probably more seriously than they'd ever taken any other title, and I'm sure that Square knew this was one game that absolutely could NOT be fucked up. Number 2 was that the attention to detail they were showing to the original game was taken into account. Areas shown in trailers when freeze framed showed details present in the original game that not even I would have noticed otherwise.

It was good to see, and while people were unsure about the switch from turn-based combat, everything else looked so carefully thought out that I wasn't worried and neither where most of the big content creators.

Then there was a delay, only a month, but it felt like a year. COVID locked me at home and it was going to be perfect to be able to play FF7 without worrying about going to work and suffering through my 12 hour day before I could play again. 2020 was a crazy year with shit like Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, Nioh 2, TLOU2, and FF7 in like 6 weeks of each other.

Finally the day came and I was up til midnight....err actually 9pm West Coast time for the game to unlock.

And it was Brilliant. Almost perfect.

The first thing that hit me was the music, the opening song interlaced with teases of One-Winged-Angel, then fading into an updated version of the original opening track, then leading into the bombing mission track. The fucking music in this game is hands down the BEST music in any game ever made full fucking stop. The use of dynamic music that seamlessly changes from exploration to combat and back again, even transitioning from cinematics into gameplay/combat is unlike nothing else in gaming.

There is one moment early when Cloud meets Aerith for the first time and they are swarmed by the ghosts, soldiers come up to arrest Cloud and there is this huge swell of music that lands on the downbeat of the battle theme right as you gain control of Cloud again in combat. It's moments like these where my joy was uncontainable tears and several times I had to pause the fucking game to get my shit together so I could see the screen again.

The battle system desires special mention because it's about as perfect of a system in terms of blending turn-based and action combat together as I think could be possible. Free action combat where you can run around, attack freely, and build up meter to then bring up a turn-based window of special commands from attacks to magic, to summons, to even special commands like steal and chakra. Not to mention that you can even hotkey your favorite attacks and magics to use without bringing up the menu or slowing the game down so you can play entirely in action mode. Then on top of that they fucking added COMBOS to the basic attack button. Pressing square does a sword attack, holding square does an aoe slash, multiple presses will have Cloud do a combo, which you can hold the final button down for a finisher type strike that grants a small damage buff. And every character has some variation of this!

Is it pure to the original? No. But it's fucking better combat than I've ever played in any action JRPG ever before or since. It's not perfect and does have a few problems that I believe are fixable in the next parts (actually the DLC with Yuffie smooths out some of these). The lack of a jump button can make flying enemies annoying especially when you dont have Aerith or Barrett in the group, HOWEVER I don't think we need a jump button because outside of Midgar where the rest of this series will take place we should have full control of who's in the party for the vast majority of the game. Midgar is a limiting section where certain characters are only in very specific parts. Going forward with more party control flying bad guys should no longer be an issue just as a nature of character freedom. Another issue is party AI, the characters in battle you are not controlling wont do much, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because they aren't spend resources you don't want them to be using like MP or summons. But it's bad because the game knows at all times what character you're trying to fight with, and enemies without fail will default to whomever you are controlling at a given time, this means you will rarely get a break from enemy assault when you're just trying to get your barrings in a fight. On top of that you have ability interruption, meaning if you select to cast a spell or use an ability and your character is hit/knocked down it will cancel the attack. But because the game charges you resources when you select the command and not when the command actually goes off you can spend ATB bar and/or MP and not actually get the spell or attack you paid for. This sucks because it feels overly punishing especially because the enemies are always gunning for who you are controlling, so it can be frustrating on difficult fights.

Despite that, you can also just get good and it's entirely possible to beat the game on Hard using only 1 of the 3 characters in the party and still never take a single hit of damage. I'm not that good, but I've seen it done on Youtube so it's possible.

As for the story, it's wonderful and it really plays with what a Remake could be. I understand that some people don't like changes and they just wanted the original story and nothing more. For me, I disagree. IMO a new story with characters I love that hits familiar beats allows me to still enjoy the surprises that the game's story has to offer. Look I know the original game like the back of my hand, every line of dialogue, every item location, side quest, everything. So part of the excitement is the new stuff to the game, the subversion of expectations, a new journey to enjoy with my favorite characters of all time. And the concept of Remake actually to mean that Sephiroth is remaking the events in order to win this time, but he must do it in a way that still allows certain events to happen as before. The depth of subtext available here for fans of the FF7 universe is exceptionally rewarding if you are willing to dig into it. And it all allows for the plot ghosts, and "nomura bullshit" to make sense and fit. And the brilliant thing about it is, we kill them at the end, which means future games can't fall back on plot ghosts to course correct. The story can go anywhere, within reason. Kitase said that the key events that we know and love will still happen, and Sephiroth NEEDS them to happen in order to get what he wants, but he can still fuck with stuff freely as well. The mystery that opens up is incredibly exciting for me.

And let's be real, if I want the OG story I can play the OG game, PLUS Ever Crisis on mobile phones soon enough.

While not perfect the FF7 Remake is about as perfect as I could have ever hoped for. Hearing these characters talking, the extra dialog and character building makes me love them even more.

They didn't fuck it up. And that's wonderful.

Gamertrek

Oct 20, 2022
ff7RmAKE =Secret Of Mana/Holy Sword of Mana gameplay.

ff7 Aeris from "Advent Children > ff6 Aeris from Remake. How hard is that. In fact they should have kept it as Advent Children as the standard.

That being noted

FF7 RM PS3 demo intro > FF RM into .... They kept to the script and artwork shown in the PSX game, but just made it real-time with nicer but equal lighting.

FF7 RK and the change in how Cloud acquires the dress and the all the extra tid-bits < FF7 and how he acquires the dress.
I mean complete not needed.

...............................................................................................

You see Robocop argumentation. Fake blood v. Computer effects or just avoiding blood all together, to even remaking and or continuing ?

That is what went wrong with FF7 remake.

Enhance the original game, stick to the story and script, not mess with peoples memories.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So remember that Phantasy Star vs. Final Fantasy debate? Got bored, drabbled this up.

Phantasy and Fantasy,

You think that they'd have comity.

Be part of a community,

Community of RPGs.

But called Phantasy a travesty?

Spoken without alacrity.

I'll promptly take that to committee.

So we can get more clarity.

Phantasy and Fantasy.

Both games have their majesty.

The fight against barbarity,

Is told with grandiosity.

Heroes, never dastardly.

Magic hits foes accurately.

Save the day most happily.

Happiness abounds gaily.

Crystals, luminosity.

Algol's star is shining free.

Neither series was made perfectly.

But strong is both games' ancestry.

But online went the Phantasy.

While numbered still is Fantasy.

Long ended is the rivalry.

Of Phantasy and Fantasy.

So Phantasy and Fantasy.

I'll say not what you mean to be.

Or how I rank you personally.

So to poem, I bring end promptly.

And now for a bonus episode because I feel like it and in the time since this game came out, I've played and beaten it 10 times. Ten.
Good God...

The last time I played any single game ten times would have been back in the 2000s, at the very latest. Heck, I'm lucky if I can even make it through 10 individual games per year (5, this year, unless you include multiplayer stuff).

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So remember that Phantasy Star vs. Final Fantasy debate? Got bored, drabbled this up.

Phantasy and Fantasy,

You think that they'd have comity.

Be part of a community,

Community of RPGs.

But called Phantasy a travesty?

Spoken without alacrity.

I'll promptly take that to committee.

So we can get more clarity.

Phantasy and Fantasy.

Both games have their majesty.

The fight against barbarity,

Is told with grandiosity.

Heroes, never dastardly.

Magic hits foes accurately.

Save the day most happily.

Happiness abounds gaily.

Crystals, luminosity.

Algol's star is shining free.

Neither series was made perfectly.

But strong is both games' ancestry.

But online went the Phantasy.

While numbered still is Fantasy.

Long ended is the rivalry.

Of Phantasy and Fantasy.

So Phantasy and Fantasy.

I'll say not what you mean to be.

Or how I rank you personally.

So to poem, I bring end promptly.

Good God...

The last time I played any single game ten times would have been back in the 2000s, at the very latest. Heck, I'm lucky if I can even make it through 10 individual games per year (5, this year, unless you include multiplayer stuff).
A masterful stroke Hawki :)

Reactions: Hawki

Gamertrek

Oct 20, 2022
That is how it is for everybody who gets a game to play like that. Only time you never hear that is when the game was frustrating itself or had tons of scripted lines that prevents gameplay from being enjoyable or is too much.

"Beyond Good and Evil" one of the most shortest games but I played it so many times over and over again. I have no idea why. Everybody in my area was talking about that game. It is like so perfect and yet no Wii, Wii-U, Switch or PC sequel. We got some videos and a demo for the second game but nothing new. I could still feel everything in my bones, I just want to cry.
The best thing about BG&E was the final-boss and how it did that thing from "DKC 2" where they reversed the controls. I was woahhhhhhhhh no way, no way.

But then you look at game like "Conkers BadFur Day" ( N64 ) which is really re-playable but at times I am getting owned by all of the enemies, bosses, and have to hear or see the obviously unoriginal references made. It is like saying "oh aliens" "oh termintor" "oh some war movie" "oh gangsters" "oh girlies" and when you experience real life Conker looks like a joke.

FFantasy is replayable ( all of them ) because as with "Fallout" you spend hours and hours in a chair laid-out as time flies by.
Once you realize you see the same thing over and over again or even what your really looking at and once again EXPERIENCE REAL LIFE that is when you drop the controller down.

Now Final Fantasy v. Phantasy Star ?

Problem is that Phantasy Star already did everything that FF is trying to do. It is like the "South Park" boys when they talk about space. They are like "wow Space" and Cartman is like "I have been here like five times already. That is what the argument of PS v. FF is really about. In FF4 ( and FF OVA which is FF5:part II ) we are like "Oh look we are going to the moon in our starship amazing". In FF8 they make the moon into no-mans land so we go to space because the moon is too dangerous. In Phantasy Star we go to Planets, Space-stations, moon-bases, and dock with other ships. In "Chrono Trigger" we have time-traveling. In "Star Ocean/Tales of Phantasia " you have the universe but not only that we have time-traveling, and planet exploration cross
solar-systems.

In "Cyber Knight" and "Xenogears" ( same series I assume ) we have most of everything listed above included heated space fights simular to "gundamn" or "Macross" not but the game is censored cross regions, and script had been altered similar to "Snatcher" not to mention actual scenes, but that being said the action, enemies are not so hot recently and kinda died down in comparison to the awesomeness that "Wild-guns" / "Grandia" was.

Point is that Phantasy-Star did everything that Final Fantasy will ever and will do. Now is more like "Go Go Power Rangers" rather then previous Phantasy Star.

Reactions: Drathnoxis

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I missed a few pages, so...

Heavensward
From the moment when Lahabrea Tar Pits and Iggy tag teamed the Warrior of Light, only for OHMYGOD IT'S ELF POPE WITH A STEEL CHAIR! TUNE IN FOR WOLOMANIA 3.0 NEXT WEEK EXCLUSIVE ON PAY PER VIEW...I knew, Final Fantasy XIV was WWF for weebs. Then John Cena (AKA Estinien) got the Money in the Bank briefcase, and you had to tune into ISHGARD WINTER RUMBLE REDUX to see the big championship match.

I was never able to take another single FFXIV cutscene seriously, including Shadowbringers. Because Emet-Selch was 100% Vince McMahon in this equation.

Stormblood
The problem with Stormblood was the story pacing. Fantastic momentum going from Ballsack's Wall in 3.55 into the early 4.0 MSQ (Raubahn EX aside), only to be completely derailed by the writing team's attempt to make Zenos a thing. Bonus points for making that particular story hook take place in a solo instance you have to win, to later lose in a cutscene. That was just...so...goddamn...stupid.

I have no problem with PC's facing setbacks and losing a time or two. It's just a matter of framing. Look, when a main villain's appearance and attempt to shoehorn the players into a forced conflict takes the story so far off the rails you have to reboot it with a complete change of locale, complete with pseudo-Dances with Wolves plotline, maybe you should rethink whether that was a good plotline and main villain to begin with.

Especially considering the entire thing just gave off the impression that while the WoL was off fucking around in Othard, literally everyone was just kinda...standing around waiting. Including the Garleans, which is just dumb as hell. Compounding the problem was the (out of game) hours spent fucking around in Hingashi, Ruby Sea, and Azim Steppe which ultimately had nothing to do with the actual main plot, completely undermining the whole "time crunch" aspect of the story we're expected to just...take for granted, absent no other real narrative momentum.

The orchestration of Cyan's theme was nice, though. But on the other hand (foot?) we did have to put up with a writer's trampling fetish for half the expansion, the narrative vehicle for which culminated into an eight-player interactive honor killing set to an admittedly bitchin' soundtrack.

Shadowbringers

Came out three and a half years ago and it's still funny.

Endwalker
So, funny story. In the lead-up to the expansion I told all my friends that if the ending of the expansion was something so stupid as another goddamn Zenos solo duty, I was done. Period, the end. Delete my characters, unsubscribe on the spot, uninstall the damn game, done.

After a week spending more time watching server queues than actually getting to play, I got to the Zodiark trial and got disconnected. Well and truly pissed at this point, I just went to YouTube to watch the 6.0 MSQ ending.

So, that went well.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The problem with Stormblood was the story pacing.
I stated in my post about 14 that pacing was a problem pretty consistently throughout the game. This is more because the game is an MMO and they need to drag shit out in order to make people subscribe for longer, that's the nature of the beast tbh. While 14's story is one of the key elements of the game itself and is one of the big things that separate it out from other MMO's, it isn't the only thing because most of what you're doing isn't watching a story.

The combat loop has to grab you, and if you don't find much interest in hotbar MMO combat then no story is going to keep you invested in the game.

So, funny story. In the lead-up to the expansion I told all my friends that if the ending of the expansion was something so stupid as another goddamn Zenos solo duty, I was done. Period, the end. Delete my characters, unsubscribe on the spot, uninstall the damn game, done.

After a week spending more time watching server queues than actually getting to play, I got to the Zodiark trial and got disconnected. Well and truly pissed at this point, I just went to YouTube to watch the 6.0 MSQ ending.

So, that went well.
Sounds like you needed the story to be the driving factor for keeping you playing over the game itself. Which is fine, but a bit hard to understand because game's are not just story. If you didn't like the gameplay, how did you sit through all those expansions?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Final Fantasy 7 Remake:

When this game was first announced it was during 2015 which was before FF15 had released and promptly was mostly disappointing. So in reality there was no real reason to think or believe they wouldn't fuck it up. Still watching the reveal trailer, a clip that has spawn reaction compliations over 7 hours long, I cried when the word "Remake" appeared. I wasn't the only one who couldn't believe it, just watch any of Maximillion_Dood's reactions, Caleb Hart, or countless others.

Then the game went mostly dark for years. IIRC there was a little news in 2016 about CyberConnect2 having development troubles and the previews around that time looked rough. Then news came that Square was taking it in-house, and everyone figured that was going to be a full reset of the project, so it would be another FF game to take 10+ years of development and come out like a wet paper bag. The game went dark for another couple of years, no news, no teases, no updates, fucking nothing.

Then State of Play March 2019. The State of Play started with an FF7 sound effect and only I and Max knew the sound. I watch lots of reactions to that SoP and nobody but Max knew the sound, or at least acknowledged it. But the State of Play went on, and it was a short one like 15minutes or something, there was some Monster Hunter, some indie games, a new special edition PSpro, and that was it....Except the announcer says, "Before we go, we want to give you a look at a long awaited game." Then this:

The game was real, it was approaching, and above all else it looked GOOD. Square had made the graphics, especially character models much cleaner from what CyberConnect had shown years before. E3 that year, Square would open with this game and show off combat, a playable demo, a longer trailer that revealed even more. The game looked incredible.

Channels popped up like CosmoCanyonObservatory who would look at every single shot in every trailer for the next year, analysing things to the smallest detail. It showed off two very important and very reassuring details. Number 1 was that Square was taking the game seriously, probably more seriously than they'd ever taken any other title, and I'm sure that Square knew this was one game that absolutely could NOT be fucked up. Number 2 was that the attention to detail they were showing to the original game was taken into account. Areas shown in trailers when freeze framed showed details present in the original game that not even I would have noticed otherwise.

It was good to see, and while people were unsure about the switch from turn-based combat, everything else looked so carefully thought out that I wasn't worried and neither where most of the big content creators.

Then there was a delay, only a month, but it felt like a year. COVID locked me at home and it was going to be perfect to be able to play FF7 without worrying about going to work and suffering through my 12 hour day before I could play again. 2020 was a crazy year with shit like Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, Nioh 2, TLOU2, and FF7 in like 6 weeks of each other.

Finally the day came and I was up til midnight....err actually 9pm West Coast time for the game to unlock.

And it was Brilliant. Almost perfect.

The first thing that hit me was the music, the opening song interlaced with teases of One-Winged-Angel, then fading into an updated version of the original opening track, then leading into the bombing mission track. The fucking music in this game is hands down the BEST music in any game ever made full fucking stop. The use of dynamic music that seamlessly changes from exploration to combat and back again, even transitioning from cinematics into gameplay/combat is unlike nothing else in gaming.

There is one moment early when Cloud meets Aerith for the first time and they are swarmed by the ghosts, soldiers come up to arrest Cloud and there is this huge swell of music that lands on the downbeat of the battle theme right as you gain control of Cloud again in combat. It's moments like these where my joy was uncontainable tears and several times I had to pause the fucking game to get my shit together so I could see the screen again.

The battle system desires special mention because it's about as perfect of a system in terms of blending turn-based and action combat together as I think could be possible. Free action combat where you can run around, attack freely, and build up meter to then bring up a turn-based window of special commands from attacks to magic, to summons, to even special commands like steal and chakra. Not to mention that you can even hotkey your favorite attacks and magics to use without bringing up the menu or slowing the game down so you can play entirely in action mode. Then on top of that they fucking added COMBOS to the basic attack button. Pressing square does a sword attack, holding square does an aoe slash, multiple presses will have Cloud do a combo, which you can hold the final button down for a finisher type strike that grants a small damage buff. And every character has some variation of this!

Is it pure to the original? No. But it's fucking better combat than I've ever played in any action JRPG ever before or since. It's not perfect and does have a few problems that I believe are fixable in the next parts (actually the DLC with Yuffie smooths out some of these). The lack of a jump button can make flying enemies annoying especially when you dont have Aerith or Barrett in the group, HOWEVER I don't think we need a jump button because outside of Midgar where the rest of this series will take place we should have full control of who's in the party for the vast majority of the game. Midgar is a limiting section where certain characters are only in very specific parts. Going forward with more party control flying bad guys should no longer be an issue just as a nature of character freedom. Another issue is party AI, the characters in battle you are not controlling wont do much, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because they aren't spend resources you don't want them to be using like MP or summons. But it's bad because the game knows at all times what character you're trying to fight with, and enemies without fail will default to whomever you are controlling at a given time, this means you will rarely get a break from enemy assault when you're just trying to get your barrings in a fight. On top of that you have ability interruption, meaning if you select to cast a spell or use an ability and your character is hit/knocked down it will cancel the attack. But because the game charges you resources when you select the command and not when the command actually goes off you can spend ATB bar and/or MP and not actually get the spell or attack you paid for. This sucks because it feels overly punishing especially because the enemies are always gunning for who you are controlling, so it can be frustrating on difficult fights.

Despite that, you can also just get good and it's entirely possible to beat the game on Hard using only 1 of the 3 characters in the party and still never take a single hit of damage. I'm not that good, but I've seen it done on Youtube so it's possible.

As for the story, it's wonderful and it really plays with what a Remake could be. I understand that some people don't like changes and they just wanted the original story and nothing more. For me, I disagree. IMO a new story with characters I love that hits familiar beats allows me to still enjoy the surprises that the game's story has to offer. Look I know the original game like the back of my hand, every line of dialogue, every item location, side quest, everything. So part of the excitement is the new stuff to the game, the subversion of expectations, a new journey to enjoy with my favorite characters of all time. And the concept of Remake actually to mean that Sephiroth is remaking the events in order to win this time, but he must do it in a way that still allows certain events to happen as before. The depth of subtext available here for fans of the FF7 universe is exceptionally rewarding if you are willing to dig into it. And it all allows for the plot ghosts, and "nomura bullshit" to make sense and fit. And the brilliant thing about it is, we kill them at the end, which means future games can't fall back on plot ghosts to course correct. The story can go anywhere, within reason. Kitase said that the key events that we know and love will still happen, and Sephiroth NEEDS them to happen in order to get what he wants, but he can still fuck with stuff freely as well. The mystery that opens up is incredibly exciting for me.

And let's be real, if I want the OG story I can play the OG game, PLUS Ever Crisis on mobile phones soon enough.

While not perfect the FF7 Remake is about as perfect as I could have ever hoped for. Hearing these characters talking, the extra dialog and character building makes me love them even more.

They didn't fuck it up. And that's wonderful.
Holy materia fuck…I wish I could feel even half of the above way about any game. It sounds off the hook.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
It is like an AI is just making posts based on what we post.
I disagree, it's definitely a real person so please try to be respectful. They make responses that mostly stick to topic and I've seen them make coherent responses directly quoting other people's posts, even breaking up posts into smaller points to respond to. A stream of consciousness posting style doesn't make someone a bot.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I disagree, it's definitely a real person so please try to be respectful. They make responses that mostly stick to topic and I've seen them make coherent responses directly quoting other people's posts, even breaking up posts into smaller points to respond to. A stream of consciousness posting style doesn't make someone a bot.
then how come it never responds to the confusion or bot-pointing?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
then how come it never responds to the confusion or bot-pointing?
Non-native English speaker and/or other impairments would be my guess. Also it's kind of rude and hasn't been directly addressed to them so they probably thought it was better off ignored.