Funny events in anti-woke world

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
It's also funny how many of them just, like, aren't "alpha". Like big deal, you eat steak and drink beer... There's literally no barrier to entry to those things. So does my mother, is she an alpha male?
My favorite thing about the alpha males is the irony. The initial study where the whole alpha thing came from was a flawed study based on wolves in captivity likely going through canine PTSD. So when these guys claim to be alpha males, what they're really saying is that they're too damaged to get through life without thinking that aggression can solve all of their problems.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

Since the article isn't previewing for some reason: Twitter offices have shut down, and badge access isn't working, because workers have apparently taken the latter option when Elon Musk said "Commit hardcore to Twitter or you no longer have a job".

ETA: Deleted Tweet, as it was apparently not real. This one, however, is.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Totally happened for realsies. I wonder if it's the same coffee shop Jacob Wohl frequents.

Also, just this dude in general. Not sure if not just parody persona, really hard to tell sometimes.
Those women are totally real but they go to a different school. In Canada. And they think he's really hot and wanted to have a threesome with "Alpha Male" Nick Adams.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Totally happened for realsies. I wonder if it's the same coffee shop Jacob Wohl frequents.

Also, just this dude in general. Not sure if not just parody persona, really hard to tell sometimes.
And of course these women just happened to mention during their totally natural conversation that really happned that they are both college-educated and suburban.

Musk commenting on the pretty lights from dumpster fires while sitting on the brightest-burning one of all:

I guess schadenfreude is all he's really got at the moment.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Nah mate, dude lifts /s
I quite enjoy this dude. My favorite thing is the replies he gets, because it's a lot of people mocking him for the alpha male thing, or other self-professed alpha males berating him for not being alpha enough.
Unless Nick Adams supplies names, times and locations for all of these things he claims hes experienced, I have to assume he's just making them the fuck up for attention.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

Since the article isn't previewing for some reason: Twitter offices have shut down, and badge access isn't working, because workers have apparently taken the latter option when Elon Musk said "Commit hardcore to Twitter or you no longer have a job".

ETA: Deleted Tweet, as it was apparently not real. This one, however, is.

Some people on Twitter are claiming they accidently reset all the badge readers/security and because so many people are quitting/being fired nobody can fix it right now. While that would be hilarious, right now it's just rumor. Delicious Rumor.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Honestly, one has to admire Musks genius :

Step one : Fire everyone you think you don't need or are biased against and pay then severance.
Step two : Make working conditions worse by mandatory attendance. Promise overtime and a more stressful environment for the future
Step three : Allow everyone left to quit on their own if they want to leave the burning wreckage and still get full severance as well.

What could possibly go wrong ?

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Off the top off my head they broke 2 factor authentication and people wwere locked out.
I looked that up, and it was described as codes sending hours later or not at all in rate circumstances, which also describes literally every 2fa system I've ever interacted with. They have the resend code button for a reason.

Edit: to give perspective, that is a perpetual bug with Autodesk logins, and their login services went down entirely for like 5 hours yesterday, and they aren't losing staff.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales

This guy knows how to extract the horror from the real audio of their unhinged rhetoric.

-

More money being burnt cause egos and bullshit must go on apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminal Blue

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I looked that up, and it was described as codes sending hours later or not at all in rate circumstances, which also describes literally every 2fa system I've ever interacted with. They have the resend code button for a reason.

Edit: to give perspective, that is a perpetual bug with Autodesk logins, and their login services went down entirely for like 5 hours yesterday, and they aren't losing staff.
Okay but the entire service was down... Not just a few people not getting the code or getting delayed codes. The system that sends the codes was just off. And you asked if there's been disruption to service. So yes there has been

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Okay but the entire service was down... Not just a few people not getting the code or getting delayed codes. The system that sends the codes was just off. And you asked if there's been disruption to service. So yes there has been
Source?