What have you purchased recently?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Which one, if you don't mind me asking?
It's not really a gaming keyboard, it's a "gaming" keyboard, which is to say it has colourful lights on it. It's the Trust AVONN. My only requirements for it were that I could pick it up on the day, it has backlights, and it has a backslash key (rather than a combo of keys to get a backslash) as I use it a lot in my work.

As keyboards go it's absolutely fine; as gaming keyboards go I couldn't really say as I've never had one. It's an anti-ghost keyboard though so I should be safe from ghosts?

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I keep telling myself that I'm not getting PS+ (Now called Essentials) or Gold anymore. If I want to play online, I can do so on Oculus or PC. The games they "give" each month vary in quality but I already have a pile of shame that is... well, if I don't get to die until complete, I'm gonna live forever.

But PS Essentials is only $45 for another year and soooo....

1669065854909.png

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Buying a new TV, trying to decide between the Samsung 65" QN90B and Hisense 65" U8H.

They have similar picture quality. Hisense is like 2/3 the price of the Samsung and has better color uniformity, but the Samsung is a little better for gaming, has better performance in bright rooms, better viewing angles, and 4 HDMI 2.1 ports.

The additional features of the Samsung make a lot of sense for my set-up (my living room as a lot of windows), but spending an extra $500 for those features is hard to swallow.

Last edited:

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium
I keep telling myself that I'm not getting PS+ (Now called Essentials) or Gold anymore. If I want to play online, I can do so on Oculus or PC. The games they "give" each month vary in quality but I already have a pile of shame that is... well, if I don't get to die until complete, I'm gonna live forever.

But PS Essentials is only $45 for another year and soooo....

View attachment 7447
I'm guilty of this too haha! Hope we'll get Dark Souls Remastered soon, though... My patience is running thin

Reactions: gorfias

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Vinyl soundtrack to Deltarune chapter 2.

and HROT.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'm guilty of this too haha! Hope we'll get Dark Souls Remastered soon, though... My patience is running thin
I've been a member of PS+ since 2013 or so. I have some 300 PS3, PS4/5 and VITA games that I will lose access to if I don't continue this sub. I am nuts though. I still have so many games to play that include a ton for Humble Bundle, Amazon gaming, Epic and more. But, too much fun collecting! Guardians of the Galaxy and MCU + editions on Xbox for a few days more $32... so hard to resist!

EDIT: I am an idiot and just did it.
1669347537917.png

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I've been a member of PS+ since 2013 or so. I have some 300 PS3, PS4/5 and VITA games that I will lose access to if I don't continue this sub. I am nuts though. I still have so many games to play that include a ton for Humble Bundle, Amazon gaming, Epic and more. But, too much fun collecting! Guardians of the Galaxy and MCU + editions on Xbox for a few days more $32... so hard to resist!

View attachment 7458
Oh heck, this is play anywhere! I did not know that! Played about 1/2 hour on a 55" 10 year old Vizio TV and OG Xbox One and it is good. But to be able to play on my PC too... I am happy about this purchase.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not seen gas masks on dogs before. Are they more or less useless while the mask is on? Dogs are usually used for their teeth or noses (or sometimes to pull sleds) after all.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Not seen gas masks on dogs before. Are they more or less useless while the mask is on? Dogs are usually used for their teeth or noses (or sometimes to pull sleds) after all.
No clue, but afaik in they were also often used as messengers or just mascots. They can still do that with a mask on.

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium

View attachment 7458
If something makes you happy, go for it, who cares about the "ROI" factor lol

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Bought a new TV, a 65" Samsung QN90B.

Supposedly it's the best TV for a bright room, which is good for me because my living room has 10 windows.

Also bought a new router, a TP-Link Archer AX21.

My old router has been slowly dying and the speed has been degrading over the last 6 months. It hasn't been a big deal because anything in my house that needs a fast internet connection uses ethernet or a powerline adapter. The only things that use wifi are my phone, tablet, and work laptop, and none of those need blazing fast speeds since I don't game on them and the speeds I was getting are still fast enough for 1080p youtube or downloading a slide deck. Since I got a new TV though my old TV will be moving into my bedroom, and I don't have ethernet in there and need to be able to stream netflix at 4K, so finally replaced my old router.

The new one is nothing fancy, but it's wi-fi 6 compatible, should be able to do 500mpbs speeds, and based the reviews I've read will get very consistent speeds for my house size. It doesn't have a whole lot of customization features like assigning network priority to certain devices, but that really shouldn't matter since I live alone and don't need to compete with anyone else for internet priority.

This will also give me an excuse to redo my cable management for my office (again).