General Gaming News.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Keeping you updated? I'm doing my part!

Would you like to know more? If so, tough - there's nothing else.

Reactions: Dalisclock

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Keeping you updated? I'm doing my part!

Would you like to know more? If so, tough - there's nothing else.
So is this going to be a case of slapping a name people know on a product without understanding anything of the original or does it actually understand that starship trooper is a parody? Cause this teaser trailer make it seem like the former...

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Loser.
Dr Disrespect banned from Warzone 2 for trolling on proximity chat - WIN.gg

Meh.
https://www.eurogamer.net/future-dc...larger-connected-universe-james-gunn-confirms

I don’t necessarily see the downhill slope as a bad thing. Best case is the cream rises to the top and everything else fizzles out.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Well, at least this ended more gracefully than Neil Stephenson's whole Clang thing.
I didn't even know that was a thing.

I don’t necessarily see the downhill slope as a bad thing. Best case is the cream rises to the top and everything else fizzles out.
I've noticed there's a lot more of these video games are in a downhill slope kind of articles. It's getting to the point where they're all starting to sound the same, and I'm just going to stop posting them.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It seems that EA has calmed down with killing off dev teams. The last one was Visceral Studios in 2017, and I was sure Bioware was gonna get axed after Anthem
I'm shocked too.

OTOH, There's a New Dragon Age and a New Mass Effect coming so maybe EA is giving them one(two?) more chances to get it right or pay the price.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Literally never heard of this until now.
I knew of it but, honestly, the presentation and look of it made me want to forget it immediately. It didn't help that the last 3 NFS games were shit on dry toast.

I mean why even have 'characters' if they're going to be anime-style AND THE CARS AREN'T? Pick an art/design style, you fuckheads. Also, why are the 'underground' race circuits in these game populated exclusively with douche nuggets? And why have their bolted massive drift wings on their mums' cars and covered them with Sailor Moon vinyls? Also, why is 'EA Trax' so goddamned awful?

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So they reveal who's gonna be playing Sarah in the upcoming TLOU tv show:

She probably has more screen time here than the original game, otherwise why would why making a big announcement about a side character character that dies in the beginning?

And the comments on twitter are divisive to say the least. It's the classic creative freedom vs lore accuracy. Here's hoping she does a great job, and the casting choice had some thought process behind in and not just for the sake of representation

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan