Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
And WaPo pushing the WMD narrative back then. Thank god for them though because without them DEMOCRACY DIES IN DARKNESS!!!
WaPo points out that it did the wrong thing back then... guess what that makes them? Probably the best journalist in the business because most journalist haven't even recognized that they did ANYTHING wrong. (Unfortunately, the bar is just that low for journalism but if you're going to let Fox, CNN and Rueters lead the way, you're always going to be misinformed)

You could learn a thing or two from them. You were clearly wrong about the flu killing more than Covid-19. It wasn't even close, Covid won 7 times over. Where is your introspection piece about how you gave out wrong information? Could you be at least as honest as WaPo?

I don't know why you would think that a person/institution admitting they were wrong is something to hate. As long as they mean it and rectify it, I'd call that progress. I'd prefer to spend my time criticizing peope/institutions who are STILL giving out incorrect information. Because that's where most journalists are

Reactions: Buyetyen

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
So the burden is on other people to suffer in silence. Does this apply to you as well? Or are we supposed to give a shit when you get offended?
There is nothing you can say to me that will offend me.

This you getting triggered and/or offended over the term "pregnant people"?

Or how about this one where you get triggered and/or offended over people saying "mpox" instead of "monkeypox"?

Oh, or what about this one where you get triggered and/or offended over the idea of pronouns?

The funniest part to me is how all of these examples are from this thread alone and were made within the past month. I'm sure going back further or expanding to other threads would lead to even more juicy tidbits, but the cat is staring at me because he wants to play in the sink again....

As others have said before, you don't seem to understand how we can all look back at exactly what you've said and how hypocritical your posts are.
The thread is about woke culture... What am I supposed to post about in this thread then?

Because I think a term is stupid or dumb doesn't mean I'd get offended if someone used said term in real life. I think liking Star Wars is dumb, that doesn't mean I get offended when friends talk about Star Wars, I just don't partake in the conversation.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
WaPo points out that it did the wrong thing back then... guess what that makes them? Probably the best journalist in the business because most journalist haven't even recognized that they did ANYTHING wrong. (Unfortunately, the bar is just that low for journalism but if you're going to let Fox, CNN and Rueters lead the way, you're always going to be misinformed)

You could learn a thing or two from them. You were clearly wrong about the flu killing more than Covid-19. It wasn't even close, Covid won 7 times over. Where is your introspection piece about how you gave out wrong information? Could you be at least as honest as WaPo?

I don't know why you would think that a person/institution admitting they were wrong is something to hate. As long as they mean it and rectify it, I'd call that progress. I'd prefer to spend my time criticizing peope/institutions who are STILL giving out incorrect information. Because that's where most journalists are
It was pretty fucking obvious Iraq didn't have WMDs, it's wasn't like a 50/50 chance they did or didn't. If journalists actually did their job they'd know that. WaPo is obviously a very bias paper and that's not very democratic, now is it?

Since people here seem to not be able to go this this page for some reason (due to needing a subscription) even though I can for whatever reason, here's the screen grab and url as well. Covid became less deadly this year than the flu according to official ONS data (UK Office of National Statistics).

1672475315713.png

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It was pretty fucking obvious Iraq didn't have WMDs, it's wasn't like a 50/50 chance they did or didn't. If journalists actually did their job they'd know that. WaPo is obviously a very bias paper and that's not very democratic, now is it?
...what does this even mean?

Since people here seem to not be able to go this this page for some reason (due to needing a subscription) even though I can for whatever reason, here's the screen grab and url as well. Covid became less deadly this year than the flu according to official ONS data (UK Office of National Statistics).

View attachment 7651
Per 100,000 infections, rabies and Ebola are much more dangerous than covid, yet covid remains far more deadly than those two. This is because covid infects far more people, which is a major factor in it's deadliness.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
There is nothing you can say to me that will offend me.
Says one of the most easily offended people on this forum.

The thread is about woke culture... What am I supposed to post about in this thread then?

Because I think a term is stupid or dumb doesn't mean I'd get offended if someone used said term in real life. I think liking Star Wars is dumb, that doesn't mean I get offended when friends talk about Star Wars, I just don't partake in the conversation.
If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't be bitching up a storm about things like "latinx" completely unprovoked.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
As opposed to... the rest of the news/papers? Around the country? Because they all did it. They were all biased. And, ANY news group were cancelled if they did not report that the WMD were real by the general US public. CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NYT all did the same was what WaPo did. None of them have shown any inkling that they think they did something wrong

View attachment 7651
I mean, I already stated that you didn't do any introspection. You didn't ACTUALLY have to prove. It wasn't necessary. But thanks anyway

Yes, you have a definition of deadly that this different from most people in the world. Covid kills at least 5 times as many people. Your own person definition of 'less deadly' does NOT lead to less deaths. This was known in March 2020, almost three years ago. That's always how its been. Your graph is not despite my point, because your are thinking that MY definition of deadly is the same as yours. My name is not Phoenxmgs. Please stop pretending I am. I am different from you, and I use the word 'deadly' different from you.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It means someone is trying to rewrite history and pretends everyone knew there were no WMDs. Which is not real until Iraq was already taken over

When I was stating that I was against the Iraq invasion, I was doing it solely on the basis of invasion are bad. Even if WMD were proven to be real, I would still be against the invasion. This 'whether or not WMD were real' is a smoke screen to the fact that we should never have invaded in the first place

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
It means someone is trying to rewrite history and pretends everyone knew there were no WMDs. Which is not real until Iraq was already taken over

When I was stating that I was against the Iraq invasion, I was doing it solely on the basis of invasion are bad. Even if WMD were proven to be real, I would still be against the invasion. This 'whether or not WMD were real' is a smoke screen to the fact that we should never have invaded in the first place
Eh, it was pretty clear there weren't WMDs before the war, it suddenly only became an issue when the US and UK wanted a war (IIRC, it came after Al-Qaeda was there and before liberating the people), and UN weapon inspectors said there weren't. Also, you know what happens to countries that have WMDs that can hit London within 45 minutes or whatever? The UK doesn't attack them. OTOH, you had to ignore all the media and the leaders of the UK and US to hold to that opinion.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Eh, it was pretty clear there weren't WMDs before the war
The joke used to be that the only person who thought Iraq had WMDs was Saddam Hussein.

Knew a bloke who lead a team that was part of the ADF contingent for the WMD search/disposal operations and he said no one on the job believed there were WMDs.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Knew a bloke who lead a team that was part of the ADF contingent for the WMD search/disposal operations and he said no one on the job believed there were WMDs.
That surely led them to not look very hard, like when you're pretending to help someone find a T-shirt you know you threw away because you don't like it and you thought they'd just forget it existed.

Reactions: Kwak

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
That surely led them to not look very hard, like when you're pretending to help someone find a T-shirt you know you threw away because you don't like it and you thought they'd just forget it existed.
Nah, apparently they had a shitton of stuff to do everytime they went some place and had to document everything, so they all ended up with a lot of photos of them posing with piles of shitty captured hardware.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I think the government is hiding UFO information, and I am madder at liberals who value transparency than I am at conservatives who of course going to value order, and elite secrecy.

I get why Obama couldn't have released them, he didn't want to be known as the crazy black man, but Joe Biden has no excuse.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Per 100,000 infections, rabies and Ebola are much more dangerous than covid, yet covid remains far more deadly than those two. This is because covid infects far more people, which is a major factor in it's deadliness.
There was never any legit intelligence that said Iraq had WMDs.

Everyone is gonna get covid and the flu, thus I care about the IFR for those because I'm gonna get them. Not so with Ebola and rabies. Also, covid keeps the flu at bay so if covid's IFR is less than the flu, then you want covid.

Says one of the most easily offended people on this forum.

If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't be bitching up a storm about things like "latinx" completely unprovoked.
You're the one that gets mad when I discuss suicides...

It's what the thread is. The Stanford thing I heard 2 doctors making fun of.

As opposed to... the rest of the news/papers? Around the country? Because they all did it. They were all biased. And, ANY news group were cancelled if they did not report that the WMD were real by the general US public. CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NYT all did the same was what WaPo did. None of them have shown any inkling that they think they did something wrong

I mean, I already stated that you didn't do any introspection. You didn't ACTUALLY have to prove. It wasn't necessary. But thanks anyway

Yes, you have a definition of deadly that this different from most people in the world. Covid kills at least 5 times as many people. Your own person definition of 'less deadly' does NOT lead to less deaths. This was known in March 2020, almost three years ago. That's always how its been. Your graph is not despite my point, because your are thinking that MY definition of deadly is the same as yours. My name is not Phoenxmgs. Please stop pretending I am. I am different from you, and I use the word 'deadly' different from you.
The news didn't report objectively on the WMDs because there was no legit intelligence that said they had any. I knew they didn't have any because I did a report on Iraq for school like a year or so before. Maybe they had some super secret facility that they could make some but it would be super slow production. That would be worse case scenario. No reason to invade. Do you not know what the actual truth of the WMD debacle was?

Covid in 2022/23 =/= covid in 2020

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Everyone is gonna get covid and the flu, thus I care about the IFR for those because I'm gonna get them. Not so with Ebola and rabies. Also, covid keeps the flu at bay so if covid's IFR is less than the flu, then you want covid.
The fuck I'm getting the flu, I'm vaccinated like a sane person (yes, yes, it doesn't protect against every flu)

Also, every source I can Google says that getting covid doesn't prevent you from getting the flu, which is also common sense

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Are you for fucking real right now? You're criticising somebody who has personal, relevant experience for taking it to heart when you chat shit about suicide?

You gripe and whine, swear, and type out all-caps furious messages, when people argue with you. You get very easily offended about shit that you have no personal or relevant experience on. And then when your argument touches a nerve for someone else-- someone that actually does have direct personal experience of an extremely sensitive topic-- you just throw this out as another shoddy attack line. Beggars belief, the complete lack of basic empathy or self-reflection.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, have you been reading his posts? All he does is rage at the world for not valuing him above everything else the way he thinks he deserves.
It's not that, that's par for the course. But denigrating someone for objecting when he chats shit about suicide is sick, below what I'd expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaluikhain

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I think the government is hiding UFO information, and I am madder at liberals who value transparency than I am at conservatives who of course going to value order, and elite secrecy.

I get why Obama couldn't have released them, he didn't want to be known as the crazy black man, but Joe Biden has no excuse.
You're a crazy [ insert your colour here ] man, sir.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Yes, people tend to get upset when you take serious emotional topics and try to use them as ammunition without even having enough empathy to pretend that you care about the actual human beings involved (beyond yourself, of course).