Funny events in anti-woke world

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Certainly not all-- some (like Rolling Stone) have had the honesty to leave it up and call out the absurdity of the distinction he's trying to retroactively draw.
Rolling Stone's original headline was CPAC Speaker Calls for Transgender People to be 'Eradicated'.

It now says CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of 'Transgenderism'

Your chosen example is evidence that they are clearly aware of the distinction. They changed to remove the lie.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Oh look, it's a coordinated effort that won't stop at the T. Everybody put on your shocked faces

Same gal who leaked the No-Fly list is publishing the emails proving it, not that most rational needed the objective proof at this point

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Rolling Stone's original headline was CPAC Speaker Calls for Transgender People to be 'Eradicated'.

It now says CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of 'Transgenderism'
"And somehow claims he's not calling for elimination of Transgender people".

That's the second half of the headline you clipped out, which makes it abundantly clear the publication considers his claimed distinction to be bollocks.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
"And somehow claims he's not calling for elimination of Transgender people".

That's the second half of the headline you clipped out, which makes it abundantly clear the publication considers his claimed distinction to be bollocks.
And the publication can say what they want about their own view, the first version lied about his.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes, I was referring to the whole stop the boats thing.
I feel like both giving this quote a like and a dislike at the same time

Also, I believe we are up $20B now just to lock up 7000 people. What a clever way to spend money

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Exactly, and the people in the video comment sections are buying this. Or throwing shades at Angry Joe for being "political". I don't like AJ, but I hate Rageaholic even more and have even less respect for him.

BTW, April is part alien in the TMNT 2012 cartoon series. I did not make that up. I had long stop watching before that point though. It was really dumb plot twist.
Still better than this new version (I think 2019) where Leo is Mikey and deliberately puts people in danger for the lulz. Everyone is stupid, especially Splinter. Everyone lost their personality

Anyway,
I thought that an alien tried to take April over, not that she was part alien. She does have magic though
. I was only partially watching it with the kids, so I could be wrong

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If you were genuinely watching CPAC live, you have serious problems.

No, you didn't. His speech was on Saturday, media outlets covered it the same day, and by Saturday night he was demanding retractions on Twitter. By Monday morning, those retractions had happened. And in his show on Monday, which is syndicated on the talk radio in my area exactly during my commute home, he was talking about how the headlines had been all or mostly changed. You commented monday night. All these things have timestamps.

I just told you that. I did not pretend he was being reasonable, though my problem is not so much with the content of his claims but with the tactics he uses to spread them. Me telling you that it was planned isn't part of the plan, I'm not intended to throw him under the bus in his mind.

You're not gonna save face here outside of something like "I made a mistake but I still disagree with his stance"
Save face?

What did you think I said about Michael Knowles?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Come on, be honest, there are racists outside the Anglosphere who are also envious of our systemic abuse of refugees. The number of international laws and treaties we ignore is breathtaking.
Can comfirm that this is true... certainly put the whole Uhygurs situation in China into perspective, doesn't it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still better than this new version (I think 2019) where Leo is Mikey and deliberately puts people in danger for the lulz. Everyone is stupid, especially Splinter. Everyone lost their personality
You talking about Rise of TMNT? I'll give it credit for doing something different. I have not watched it yet though. From what I heard, the second season makes the show better, and most people (even haters of this specific series) like the movie. Both the series and Rise movie are on Netflix. Also, this scene is hilarious!

Anyway,
I thought that an alien tried to take April over, not that she was part alien. She does have magic though
. I was only partially watching it with the kids, so I could be wrong
Nope. She's actually part alien in the 2012 series. My other problem with TMNT 2012 was stupid "romance" and later "love triangle" between Donnie, April, and Casey Jones. I didn't make that up! Not to mention in S1 & S2 especially; the writers did that stupid stalking is love cliche from Donnie's perspective. It's not shown in a negative light. In Season 1 as well, they made Raph too much of an asshole. Thankfully, later seasons fixed this, but like I said before, I stopped caring after Season 2.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I get the distinct impression I'm gonna be able to tell someone on this forum "I told you so"
Bet you didn't read the bill. Bet the person on Twitter didn't either.

The bill does not allow county clerks to deny marriage licenses. The bill explicitly allows anyone to refuse to solemnize a marriage, which was already effectively the case. A marriage in Tennessee can be solemnized by a county clerk, or any religious leader, or any legislative member, or any mayor, or the governor, or judges, or former judges, or a notary, or basically anyone that files the right paperwork. This is the "you can't sue a priest for not marrying you in their church" bill, and while the clerks are equally exempt from doing so, this does nothing to allow them to deny licenses to those who have their paperwork signed off on by any of the other thousands of people qualified to do so.

Don't trust Twitter as a news source.
Save face?

What did you think I said about Michael Knowles?
This:
Oh, and Michael Knowles wants to eradicate all trans people.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Bet you didn't read the bill. Bet the person on Twitter didn't either.

The bill does not allow county clerks to deny marriage licenses.
Looks like someone is wrong, again. In Tennessee a marriage has to be solemnized for the marriage license to be valid. The one doing the solemnizing has to sign the certificate. So this law explicitly does allow county clerks to deny an otherwise valid marriage license.

Reactions: TheMysteriousGX

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

We hear a lot about how Hollywood has gone woke and conservatives are being blacklisted or phased out. Some More News looks at just how true this claim actually is.

Video is 54 minutes.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Looks like someone is wrong, again. In Tennessee a marriage has to be solemnized for the marriage license to be valid. The one doing the solemnizing has to sign the certificate. So this law explicitly does allow county clerks to deny an otherwise valid marriage license.
Did you just stop reading partway? Or if you're just trying to be pedantic, I can play that game too, because by the sort of argument you're making, county clerks could always have denied marriage licenses to anyone who didn't complete the paperwork correctly. That's the sort of denying we're talking about, right?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
And the publication can say what they want about their own view, the first version lied about his.
So your position is that "He called for X, which is the same thing as Y" doesn't mean "He called for Y"?