Funny events in anti-woke world

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wikipedia ain't perfect, but at least it's managed by people that care about their job and know what they're doing. But you are correct, nobody needs Musk.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
John Bolton, Trump’s third national security adviser who’s weighing his own presidential run, said unilateral military operations “are not going to solve the problem.”
When you're more pro war than John fucking Bolton.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

oh sweet summer child

Isn't it amazing what people will bring themselves to believe, rather than accept that they were wrong and that their idiotic delusions cost countless innocent lives?

Republicans: "Mexicans are violent thugs who will destroy this country."

Also Republicans: "Let's unilaterally drop bombs on Mexico."

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Republicans: "Mexicans are violent thugs who will destroy this country."

Also Republicans: "Let's unilaterally drop bombs on Mexico."
I have said before and I say again, Mexico is the main victim of the USA's illegal drugs problem.

If the USA weren't funnelling such stupid amounts of money into the hands of drugs gangs (far more than Mexico's entire defence budget!), they wouldn't be overrunning parts of Mexico.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
I have said before and I say again, Mexico is the main victim of the USA's illegal drugs problem.

If the USA weren't funnelling such stupid amounts of money into the hands of drugs gangs (far more than Mexico's entire defence budget!), they wouldn't be overrunning parts of Mexico.
Well, yeah, but bankers and celebrities need that cocaine, and we can't go punishing them! Plus what justification would we have for putting black men in cages at a ridiculously high rate compared to their percentage of the population?!

Reactions: Ag3ma and BrawlMan

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
They should probably start bombing US police unions first if fentanyl is honestly their problem...

SAN JOSE – The Office of the United States Attorney has filed a federal criminal complaint charging Joanne Marian Segovia with attempt to illegally import a controlled substance in connection with a scheme to bring synthetic opioids into the country and distribute them throughout the United States, announced United States Attorney Ismail J. Ramsey and Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent in Charge Tatum King. The criminal complaint was filed on March 27, 2023, and unsealed the next day.

According to the complaint, Segovia, 64, of San Jose, is the Executive Director of the San Jose Police Officers’ Association (SJPOA). The complaint alleges that Segovia used her personal and office computers to order thousands of opioid and other pills to her home and agreed to distribute the drugs elsewhere in the United States.

The complaint alleges that Segovia was apprehended as part of an ongoing Homeland Security investigation into a network that was shipping controlled substances into the San Francisco Bay Area from abroad.

The complaint alleges that between October 2015 and January 2023, Segovia had at least 61 shipments mailed to her home, originating from countries including Hong Kong, Hungary, India, and Singapore. The manifests for these shipments declared their contents with labels like “Wedding Party Favors,” “Gift Makeup,” or “Chocolate and Sweets.” But between July 2019 and January 2023, officials intercepted and opened five of these shipments and found that they contained thousands of pills of controlled substances, including the synthetic opioids Tramadol and Tapentadol. Certain parcels were valued at thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs.

Also alleged is that Segovia used encrypted WhatsApp communications to plan the logistics for receiving and sending pill shipments. For example, the complaint describes a three-year period between January 2020 and March 2023 during which Segovia is alleged to have exchanged hundreds of messages with someone using a phone with an India country code. The messages discussed details for shipping and payment of pills and contained hundreds of pictures of tablets, shipping labels, packaging, payment receipts, and payment confirmations.

The complaint alleges that Segovia used her office at the San Jose Police Officers’ Association to distribute controlled substances. For example, in spring 2021, Segovia was told by a supplier to send a package to a woman in North Carolina. Segovia then sent this supplier a photograph of a shipment made using the UPS account of San Jose Police Officers’ Association.

According to the complaint, Segovia continued to order controlled substances even after being interviewed by federal investigators in February 2023. On March 13, 2023, federal agents seized a parcel in Kentucky, containing valeryl fentanyl, addressed to Segovia. The package allegedly originated from China on March 10, 2023 and declared its contents as a “clock.”

Segovia is charged with attempt to unlawfully import valeryl fentanyl, in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 952(a).

A criminal complaint merely alleges that crimes have been committed, and, like all defendants, Segovia is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If convicted, Segovia faces a maximum statutory sentence of 20 years. In addition, as part of any sentence, the court may order the defendant to serve at least 3 years of supervised release and to pay a fine of up to $250,000. However, any sentence following conviction would be imposed by the court after consideration of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and the federal statute governing the imposition of a sentence, 18 U.S.C. § 3553.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Tartakovsky is prosecuting the case with the assistance of Margoth Turcios. This prosecution is the result of investigation by HSI.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'll see your stupid Musk move and raise another

Musk has Shadow Banned Taibbi. This includes Musk removing all the tweets he did about the Twitter Files. *Shocked Pikachu Face*

This is all to do wirh Substack making a Notes program that might compete wirh Twitter

Musk has even received a personal plea from the Ivermectin god and THE intellectual Dark Web himself, Brett Weinstien to stop banning conservatives. Because we all know that when Musk uses the term Free Speech, he actually means Speech he can make a profit from

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
I'll see your stupid Musk move and raise another

Musk has Shadow Banned Taibbi. This includes Musk removing all the tweets he did about the Twitter Files. *Shocked Pikachu Face*

This is all to do wirh Substack making a Notes program that might compete wirh Twitter

Musk has even received a personal plea from the Ivermectin god and THE intellectual Dark Web himself, Brett Weinstien to stop banning conservatives. Because we all know that when Musk uses the term Free Speech, he actually means Speech he can make a profit from
The "free speech absolutist" is absolutely full of shit.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
That's obviously a partial quote. He meant to say "We must protect Texas kids from other sick adults who want to sexualize them, so I can get them all to myself."
Personally i would not count someone just under 21 as underage or kid when most of the world sets full adulthood at 18.

Doesn't make it OK for an extremely powerful politician to invite a young intern friday evening and pressuring her to drink. That is inappropriate workplace behavior.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ryley denied that she or her husband were racist. “I’m not a racist in any form.” She confirmed that her husband had been photographed in a T-shirt from the far-right group Britain First. She said: “I don’t think Chris is a supporter of Britain First, he was just wearing that shirt because it was convenient at the time.”
I totally get it. Really annoying when everything is in the wash and you've no choice but to wear your fascist apparel.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Doesn't make it OK for an extremely powerful politician to invite a young intern friday evening and pressuring her to drink. That is inappropriate workplace behavior.
Whilst I'm aware of consenting adults and all that, I cannot help but think there is something really creepy about 40-somethings (or even 30-somethings) who hit on people recently out of school, even if it is legal. Sure, sometimes it seems to work out fine (e.g. Emmanuel and Brigitte Macron), but by and large it is not a good sign. The difference in experience, maturity and frequently status makes it extremely likely to be exploitative, and very few of the older parties will be going in with healthy and respectful ideas about the younger party.

Reactions: BrawlMan