Funny events in anti-woke world

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
No idea how kid rock ever got famous or any success at all, like in the mainstream rock and metal groups in college I was in had not a single person claim to listen to him, not even ironically: his main "song" played here was literally the riff ripped from Metallica's Sad but True but with him "rapping" about how amazing he thinks he is over it. He was never not known as anything other than shameless talentless plagiarising kunt, the polar opposite of any musician at any skill level. Yet somehow he still made money and...fans?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yet somehow he still made money and...fans?
Rednecks and egotistical douchebags that think they're all that in the bag of chips. I kid somewhat, but I bet that's a large part of his base. I know there are a lot of young people that was attracted to him and his songs at the time, regardless if they're decent people or not.

No idea how kid rock ever got famous or any success at all, like in the mainstream rock and metal groups in college I was in had not a single person claim to listen to him, not even ironically: his main "song" played here was literally the riff ripped from Metallica's Sad but True but with him "rapping" about how amazing he thinks he is over it. He was never not known as anything other than shameless talentless plagiarising kunt, the polar opposite of any musician at any skill level.
I admit that I liked some of his songs as a preteen and early teenager, but I never owned any of his albums. My brother had downloaded a couple of his songs, but he rarely bothers me Kid Rock songs anymore. I know I stopped caring for Kid Rock when I was around 16 or 17. I didn't know about his attitudes at the time, but I just lost interest in his music and found something way better, even before I reached either of those ages.

I still remember that crazy cameo he had in Osmosis Jones. The lyrics much less, but I was not paying attention to lyrics at the time. I was just shocked how they got even Kid Rock into this.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
No idea how kid rock ever got famous or any success at all,
Well, the US is a big market, so can make an artist extremely rich on its own.

But rock is very exportable, and I think it says a certain something that's not very positive when big acts in North America barely tickle anywhere else. He had just one big hit worldwide, about which I'd say that even the most mediocre acts tend to have one great success in them.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
No idea how kid rock ever got famous or any success at all, like in the mainstream rock and metal groups in college I was in had not a single person claim to listen to him, not even ironically: his main "song" played here was literally the riff ripped from Metallica's Sad but True but with him "rapping" about how amazing he thinks he is over it. He was never not known as anything other than shameless talentless plagiarising kunt, the polar opposite of any musician at any skill level. Yet somehow he still made money and...fans?
I knew someone who liked him, but I think that was in the days when we weren't forced to know what famous people thought.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Trust me, this makes sense, and I have it time stamped. Bennett talks about the idiots claiming someone like Light Yagami is a "good guy" and the ideal "Sigma Male". These fuckers are once again poisoning the well.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Trust me, this makes sense, and I have it time stamped. Bennett talks about the idiots claiming someone like Light Yagami is a "good guy" and the ideal "Sigma Male". These fuckers are once again poisoning the well.

"The ultimate Sigma male" who dies at the end crying like a *****.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"The ultimate Sigma male" who dies at the end crying like a *****.
Add it to the pile of works that those who look up to the main characters have colossally misinterpreted, alongside Fight Club and Joker.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Light jumps off the slipperly slope so fucking fast that the people who think he's awesome problem also love Rorschach and Homelander as a "Good guy". The only way you can really support it is if you ignore all of the horrible shitty things they do.

Notably there's a bit where one of the fake Kira's says he's going to kill lazy people and Light's reaction is "It's not time for that.....yet". Though I can see how wanting to off the "lazy" types would endear him to parts of the right.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The only way you can really support it is if you ignore all of the horrible shitty things they do.
Which is what most of them do or try to downplay it. I was 18 when Death Note first aired in the states. I knew right from the get go Light was only going to get worse from there, and someone you should never idolize nor put on some grand pedestal.

Notably there's a bit where one of the fake Kira's says he's going to kill lazy people and Light's reaction is "It's not time for that.....yet". Though I can see how wanting to off the "lazy" types would endear him to parts of the right.
A year later when I saw Monster, someone like Johan Liebert shows how much more of a joke and loser Light really is. If Johan ever encountered Light, the former would point out how pathetic the latter really is, and Johan wouldn't even consider him a threat or worth his time. Johan wouldn't eve use the Death Note out considering it too easy and too boring.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Which is what most of them do or try to downplay it. I was 18 when Death Note first aired in the states. I knew right from the get go Light was only going to get worse from there, and someone you should never idolize nor put on some grand pedestal.
Honestly, it should've been a clue how desperately terrified genuinely good people were of him, and how he didn't give a toss about targeting them for the crime of trying to stop him.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

I saw this video last week. Pretty interesting. I also like the part where he
draws comparisons between Light's followers and the January 6 insurrectionists

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland

When someone describes themselves as a sigma male all I hear is "I was still having my lunch money stolen by the big kids when I was in college."

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Chris Redfield: I don't know what a sigma male is but it sounds like an Albert Wesker.
Yeah I know we weren't talking about Resident Evil but that joke just immediately came into my head and I don't think I'll ever have another opportunity to use it.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
When someone describes themselves as a sigma male all I hear is "I was still having my lunch money stolen by the big kids when I was in college."
I don't get it, actually. I was a bit familiar with the alpha and beta wolfshit, but what's the sense of sigma ? It sounds quite far "below" beta ?

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
I don't get it, actually. I was a bit familiar with the alpha and beta wolfshit, but what's the sense of sigma ? It sounds quite far "below" beta ?
Basically a bunch of incel virgin weirdos who nobody likes, who have never and will never accomplish anything in life somehow convinced themselves that actually they're the coolest tough guys and they're in fact so tough that they don't need things like friendship or someone to touch their penis on purpose even one time. Only the coolest toughest guys could survive without these things everyone else is a pussy for getting laid.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't even know what the fuck a sigma male is supposed to be, and it's bad enough listening to fucktards talk about alphas, betas and gammas.
Sigma is "supposedly" to be a level beyond Alpha. A level beyond Super Saiyan! It's just another fart sniffing and dick swinging lies that these fucktards say to make themselves feel better or to hurt the defenseless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock