The “WTF?!” Thread

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I literally couldn't make 10 seconds, had difficulty getting past 4 and I had to stop at 6.
My god... This started creepy , but the longer i watched the funnier it got. This is is a grand sociological parody art-project. (Oh please god let it be that way) I really laughed heartily at this. Amazing. Also: How rich is that guy? Huge House... down with bourgeoise and their luxury anime-girl spending.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Also: How rich is that guy? Huge House... down with bourgeoise and their luxury anime-girl spending.
His father is Jim Jacobs, big name in the Chicago theater scene as a composer and writer. He also created a little musical called Grease.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yeah mate, telling kids to go out and kill animals for fun (and prize money).
Like, I can understand there may at times be a need to cull predator populations, but c'mon, this seems really ill advised, right?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
My god... This started creepy , but the longer i watched the funnier it got. This is is a grand sociological parody art-project. (Oh please god let it be that way) I really laughed heartily at this. Amazing. Also: How rich is that guy? Huge House... down with bourgeoise and their luxury anime-girl spending.
Right? I’m just thinking wtf does this dude do for work that affords him carte Blanche time/$ to moonlight as an obsessive anime creeper.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
1862, apparently, so I doubt it was intentional. However, for centuries before that, that sort of thing was seen as hilarious. The so-called bollock dagger comes to mind.
Somewhere in his grave, the architect of the bridge is giggling.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
This is mad. A badly acted character like a cross between the Batman's Penguin and the Volux alien species from Mass Effect, filtered through a Coen Brother's sketch. Seriously had to double take to make sure it was real.

Don't worry tho, he ain't fooling the Scots.

If written word is preferred;

A man believed to be Nicholas Alahverdian, a U.S. citizen who allegedly faked his own death to escape rape allegations, insisted he is instead an Irishman named Arthur Knight during a recent interview in Scotland that has gone viral.

On April 21 Dateline aired an exclusive interview with 35-year-old Nicholas Alahverdian, who was charged in connection with a 2008 rape in Utah.

Alahverdian, who goes by the alias Nicholas Rossi for which he is widely known, has spent more than a year fighting extradition to the United States from Scotland after he was arrested on rape charges in December 2021 at a Glasgow hospital where he was being treated for COVID-19. Authorities identified him through fingerprints and tattoos.

Who was this man? Well, law enforcement, international media, and Dateline have spent months trying to find out...

Watch tonight at 9/8c on an all-new 2-hour #Dateline. pic.twitter.com/KdgnUb1cga
— Dateline NBC (@DatelineNBC) April 22, 2023
He has vehemently denied being Alahverdian to police and has now presumed the new identity of an Irish orphan named Arthur Knight who has never been to the U.S.

A clip of the interview with Dateline's Correspondent Andrea Canning recently went viral. In it, Alahverdian, sitting alongside his wife Miranda Knight, insists he is a victim of mistaken identity.

"We were once a normal family, but thanks to the media our lives have been interrupted," Alahverdian says gasping into an oxygen mask in a strange accent. "And we'd like privacy and I would like to go back to being a normal husband, but I can't because I can't breathe, I can't walk. People say that's an act. Let me try and stand-up…"

Then in a bizarre move he tries to prove he is not faking his disability by dramatically attempting to stand up and flail around before being caught by his wife and he says: "Exactly, exactly,"

When asked by Canning if he was lying about his current identity, Alahverdian gets overwhelmed and exclaims: "I am not Nicholas Alahverdian! I do not know how to make this clearer!"

When Canning asks him about people who will believe his cries are just "crocodile tears, he responds: "That is a low blow, that is a very low blow."

In addition to his pending Utah rape charge, authorities in Rhode Island have said Alahverdian is also wanted in their state for failing to register as a sex offender. The FBI has said he also faces fraud charges in Ohio, where he was convicted of sex-related charges in 2008.

Alahverdian was born in Rhode Island and after a tumultuous childhood he became an outspoken critic of Rhode Island's Department of Children, Youth and Families, reported The Providence Journal. He testified before state lawmakers about being sexually abused and tortured while in foster care.

Then in 2020, he told local media he had late-stage non-Hodgkin lymphoma and had weeks to live.

An obituary published online claimed he died on Feb. 29, 2020. But by last year, Rhode Island state police, Alahverdian's former lawyer and former foster family were publicly doubting whether he actually died.

Since his arrest in Scotland, the suspect has made several court appearances and fired at least six lawyers — all while insisting he isn't Nicholas Rossi. He is, he says, Arthur Knight.
(Am not sure they're sending their best)

-

Australia also not free from American madness.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Somewhere in his grave, the architect of the bridge is giggling.
"Fuckin' got'em" he says from beyond the veil of life.

-----
Wizards Of The Coast Raids YouTuber’s House To Take Back Magic: The Gathering Cards

Uh, what the cross eyed fuck is this? Is this one of those weird legal grey areas like Bail Bondsmen? And I get being pissed at leaks and thefts guys but you could have solved this with a phone call. I mean, what the merry hell made them think this was a good idea?

Reactions: Dalisclock