Funny events in anti-woke world

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
A chemical compound formed by oxidised adrenaline. Occurs naturally in many animals, including humans.

It's also the subject of a qanon conspiracy theory, the claim being that the shadowy cabal are kidnapping/killing children and foetuses in order to harvest adrenochrome from them.

And yes, that's just as batshit as it sounds, as it always is with qanon.
Ah, yes. Because killing a child is so much easier to get your adrenochrome than say.... buying it in pill form from a pharmacist

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
While I take your point, I still believe correct terminology is important. Occasionally the US gets some kind of gun legislation, though never any that's good enough, and often written by people who seemingly don't know what they are talking about and don't care to find out. Meaning there's all sorts of ways to stop it meaningfully mattering. Various definitions of assault weapons come to mind.
Yes, I have heard this. I've seen it happen to people

I also don't know why people bring it up. You're being a pedant to shut down a conversation.

Eg. Yes. Assualt rifle is a made up term. Do you know what other terms are made up? Everything else

Here's what I'd like to happen. Propose a solution. Australia's gun law centred around certain specifications like rate of fire. Propose your specifications for gun control and sell it to people who use the term assault rifle. If you don't, I cant see why you bothered opening your mouth. You didn't teach anyone anything

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Ah, yes. Because killing a child is so much easier to get your adrenochrome than say.... buying it in pill form from a pharmacist
Pfft, what, are you gonna show up at the debutant ball with synthetic adrenochrome?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
While I take your point, I still believe correct terminology is important. Occasionally the US gets some kind of gun legislation, though never any that's good enough, and often written by people who seemingly don't know what they are talking about and don't care to find out. Meaning there's all sorts of ways to stop it meaningfully mattering. Various definitions of assault weapons come to mind.
Actually you know looking at I'd be hard pressed to tell if its an AR-15 or AK pattern rifle. Its too short to be an SLR unless its a customised one. Could be SIG, could be Remington. What they should probably do is stop calling an AR-15 and call it an AR Pattern Rifle, because that is (I think) a common blanket term.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Nope, the shape of the main assembly is all wrong for an FN-LAR/L1A1 and there's no way you'd fit 7.62mmN rounds in that magazine.
Please also note everyone, this extremely pertinent information.

I looked at the thing again, Christ for all we know its something he Frankenstiened together out of drastically different looking but mechanically compatible parts to fit his definition of cool. Either way, its at the least a semi automatic rifle, with a magazine capacity between 20 and 30.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I looked at the thing again, Christ for all we know its something he Frankenstiened together out of drastically different looking but mechanically compatible parts to fit his definition of cool. Either way, its at the least a semi automatic rifle, with a magazine capacity between 20 and 30.
I didn't take that close a look at the weapon until now. There are no sights on it. I don't even see any flip-up iron sights.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
The guy up on charges of wire fraud, money laundering and stealing public funds has declared that he can handle his own campaign finances himself just fine, thank you.

If there's any doubt, I'm sure Anthony Devolder will vouch for him.
Santos has got a very narrow window between now and his jail term (or actually, maybe about 3 years given how fast the US legal system often seems to work). He's got to make every penny he can in the time he has.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Historically, it seems a lot of pirates were gay, which is not that surprising in that being a pirate was about flouting cultural norms and laws and hanging out with the guys.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde