Funny events in anti-woke world

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Street fights with communists is how the literal Nazis rose to power.
Not if the communists had won those street fights. Then maybe it would have been Adolf Hitler dying in a prison camp and not Ernst Thälmann.

Richard Spencer was punched in the face, and about half a year later had his moments of maximum prominence with the tiki march leading into the Unite the Right Rally. Punching him gave him more fame and support than he ever had before, the legal system is what brought him down.
Sure. I'm not particularly in favour of punching Nazis. I'm in favour of shooting them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sure. I'm not particularly in favour of punching Nazis. I'm in favour of shooting them.
I'm in favor of shooting, stabbing, Van Damme/Leon S. Kennedy roundhouse kicking in the face, rapid knee bashing into the face, and wild stumping Nazis, Neo-nazis, and KKK of all kinds.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Not if the communists had won those street fights.

You're in favor of shooting because it doesn't matter who won a fist fight, when everyone involved is just going to go home, clean themselves up, and meet up at the next party protest.
Tstorm823 is how the literal nazis rose to power.
This may be the lowest quality response I've ever seen to anything.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
It's because you're way too dumb to realise how true it is. Nazis rose to power through you. People like you, thinking like you, endorsing your values, your reasonings, your brand of self-satisfied evil, your dismissal and rewriting of history and science, your self-serving redefinitions, your polite dehumanization discourses, your discriminatory ideals, and seeking refuge in your kind of hypocrisy and reframing. Nazis sympathizers (also known as : nazis) were seeing themselves as victims of political correctness, as fighting for common sense versus intellectualism, and were longing for peace. And they disregarded ethics and logic the same way you proudly do, in favor of the same kind of traditional thinking you defend.

But they lost WW2 and now the word is synonym with "evil". Now few nazis would call themselves "nazis", like even fewer people would call themselves "evil". But I already stated that : in the 30s, you would have been at the front of all those who, in Europe and in the US, would have found that new current absolutely awesome. The people and ideology you defend, the very arguments and lines of "reasoning" you use for that, are perfectly in line with it. They are the mirror of the everyman's "hey, this chancellor is not perfect, he's surrounded by people who have a bad influence on him, and he does exaggerate a bit in his discourses in order to get attention, but lefties are judging him unfairly harshly as usual, and the points he makes make much more sense than his opposition's". None of these deemed thelselves evil, and none of these saw themselves as the equivalent of what "nazis" evoke in hindsight. Like you, they saw themselves as simply the future and in opposition to the same cultural trends that horrify you.

You people haven't changed one bit. Only the used labels did.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You're in favor of shooting because it doesn't matter who won a fist fight, when everyone involved is just going to go home, clean themselves up, and meet up at the next party protest.

Reactions: Dalisclock

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
"but lefties are judging him unfairly harshly as usual, and the points he makes make much more sense than his opposition's".
So why do you strive so hard to be the opposition that makes less sense and drives people to fascism?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Street fights with communists is how the literal Nazis rose to power. Richard Spencer was punched in the face, and about half a year later had his moments of maximum prominence with the tiki march leading into the Unite the Right Rally. Punching him gave him more fame and support than he ever had before, the legal system is what brought him down.
So, if someone does something mean, we have to believe the victims philosophy

Absolute genius logic right there

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yep, we should be nicer to facists otherwise they'll become even more facist. Afterall, they didn't want to become facists - they were kind, peace-loving individuals who lived in harmony with all things. Till those lefties came along and got them so mad they had no choice but to turn to facism.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
2015 called and wanted its stale [REDACTED]gate arguments back.

That... genuinely makes me less interested in the game. Even if it was just a design choice, devoid of the political context.

For context, I fucking loved Ghost of Tsushima. And I can 100% see how it would be a significantly weaker game if they hobbled the strong design direction to shoehorn in a "play as the Mongol invader!" mode. It would undermine the very nature of the game.
Looks like they didn't really have any solid narrative framework, harboured brittle confidence and were dumb and weak enough to fall for typical online astro-turfing, judging from the far off release date and material. Perhaps a silver lining to consider may be they didn't really have anything unique or purposeful in their original idea in the first place, narratively speaking I mean.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
The "less sense" for fascist has always been stuff like "allow religious diversity", "help refugees", "accept LGBT+ identities", "open schools and buses to black people", "let women pursue any career", "scientifically question traditional beliefs", "support disabled people", "stretch solidarity beyond ethnic clan boundaries", "establish human rights", "treat cultural majorities and minorities equally", "value having a heart", "consider women as full human beings with agency", "watch out for the ecosystem", etc. Each time anything goes in that direction, they go in panic mode and dream of a strongman's One True Boot stomping everything back in its box.

It's assholery's immune system. And it's easily triggered. It's seen as self-defense, and hey, for the fascist dream of society, it actually is.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Just what is their actual endgame here?
- Convince our viewers to inhale toxic air.
+ ?
= Winning!

Despite not being a doctor, Malloy made health-related pronouncements on Wednesday night’s show.
“But the reality is, there’s no health risk, Okay? There’s EPA research; they’ve done lots of clinical research on asthmatics, on elderly asthmatics, on children, on elderly with heart disease — not a cough or a wheeze from any of them.

“We have this kind of air in India and China all the time, uh, no public health emergency.”
"Weir doesn’t know what he’s talking about; this doesn’t kill anybody, this doesn’t make anyone cough. This is not a health event, this doesn’t have anything to do with climate. First off, this is wildfire smoke, this is natural. This is not because of climate change…”
“Particulate matter is very fine soot,” Milloy explained.

“Well, you don’t want to be breathing that in,” Ingraham countered.

“They’re just carbon particles, they’re innocuous. OK? They’re innocuous. There’s nothing in them, the EPA has all this testing, real, live human beings that shows no effect, it’s total junk science to claim this is hurting anybody.”
CNN’s Weir had something to say about Milloy’s assertions.

“The guy trashing me is Steve Milloy, who spent the ’90s trying to convince the public that cigarette smoking has no effect on lungs before running strategy for a big coal company and joining the OG science denial gang at Heartland Institute and he seems super nice,” Weir tweeted.
When those huge, air-quality scale breaking wildfires hit the western US a few years ago, I spent 6 months with a massive headache and had to brush ash off my car if it sat for more than a day. This is, like, a death cult at this point

Reactions: BrawlMan