tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
So, if someone does something mean, we have to believe the victims philosophy

Absolute genius logic right there
If someone is a victim, people are more inclined to sympathize with them.
"It's all your fault for not quietly letting them exterminate you. Don't make a fuss."
Ya'll have some insane opinions that have nothing to do with Nazis.
Because compromising with fascists just leads to fascism. There's no "a little fascist".
Nobody is asking you to compromise with fascists. You can be fully against fascism without seeking street violence.
The "less sense" for fascist has always been stuff like "allow religious diversity", "help refugees", "accept LGBT+ identities", "open schools and buses to black people", "let women pursue any career", "scientifically question traditional beliefs", "support disabled people", "stretch solidarity beyond ethnic clan boundaries", "establish human rights", "treat cultural majorities and minorities equally", "value having a heart", "consider women as full human beings with agency", "watch out for the ecosystem", etc. Each time anything goes in that direction, they go in panic mode and dream of a strongman's One True Boot stomping everything back in its box.
You want to think you have no questionable opinions on you side, but you skip over things like abolishing both the police and women's restrooms. And then you classify anyone who disagrees on any point as a fascist. Because that is what you want, a world with more fascists. Reasonable disagreement doesn't help you, you can't pretend to solve that through hatred, which is why you want more Nazis.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
So bounding into comics did an article on a review for Transformers: Rise of The Beasts. I won't link to it so as to avoid potential spoilers but there is one part that got a laugh out of me.

"Later in his review, Price of Reason noted “the weird modern day ideology stuff doesn’t end there. In this movie like most Hollywood movies these days they don’t actually show any type of romance between the two main characters. In parts of the movie it seems like they want to show it, but ultimately don’t.”

“But I find it interesting how Hollywood is so scared these days to show any kind of relationship between a man and a woman,” he added."

Really? What planet is this guy living on where modern Hollywood is reluctant to show men and women in a romantic relationship?

Never mind that the romances were frequently shown to be one of the weaker parts of the previous movies (which is saying something given their increasingly poor quality), so wouldn't a lack of romance be a bonus in this movie's favor?

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It might be worth noting with all these reactionary RW outrages to do with modern pop culture is that they absolutely literally have nothing better to do than find anything in popular media to misinterpret, that is precisely what pumps their bank accounts and keeps them trending.

Have you ever noticed they never go for any of the indie films, music or books? Those are way more challenging than any of the shit they claim offends them. Like no exaggeration, intense goldmines of outrage for anyone who actually cares about the shit they claim today. But they don't, do they? It's always the mainstream popular media, pop culture or whatever you wanna call it. It's all fucking SEO, algorithm riding is all it has ever been! They. Don't. Care. They. Want. Your. Eyes. And. Money.

(Ok some do care and some half care and some care about something else that they think this shit can funnel normies towards, and some with a lot of money who care pay ppl who don't care, it's a complicated mess of motivations I shouldn't have simplified, sorry! Always hear a person out, then do the legwork to see if their story lines up)

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So bounding into comics did an article on a review for Transformers: Rise of The Beasts. I won't link to it so as to avoid potential spoilers but there is one part that got a laugh out of me.

"Later in his review, Price of Reason noted “the weird modern day ideology stuff doesn’t end there. In this movie like most Hollywood movies these days they don’t actually show any type of romance between the two main characters. In parts of the movie it seems like they want to show it, but ultimately don’t.”

“But I find it interesting how Hollywood is so scared these days to show any kind of relationship between a man and a woman,” he added."

Really? What planet is this guy living on where modern Hollywood is reluctant to show men and women in a romantic relationship?

Never mind that the romances were frequently shown to be one of the weaker parts of the previous movies (which is saying something given their increasingly poor quality), so wouldn't a lack of romance be a bonus in this movie's favor?

How many movies has this person watched in their life? Because I guarantee you can find those practically everywhere. It's on the "Make a movie" checklist.

I know because when I was younger I was annoyed just how many movies have the "Romance" that serves no other purpose other then be there. As an older person I stopped caring but it's pretty much a given if you have a male and a female adult lead it's almost a given they're gonna smooch at some point.

Last edited:

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
How many movies has this person watched in their life? Because I guarantee you can find those practically everywhere. It's on the "Make a movie" checklist.

I now because when I was younger I was annoyed just how many movies have the "Romance" that serves no other purpose other then be there. As an older person I stopped caring but it's pretty much a given if you have a male and a female adult lead it's almost a given they're gonna smooch at some point.
He might just be pining for 80s action movies where there was a pretty good chance of a sex scene where he'd get to see some woman's tits.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
If someone is a victim, people are more inclined to sympathize with them.
Sympathize does not mean believe that their philosophy is true. Especially enough to bring them to power

You can, I shit you not, say that Spicer shouldn't be hit AND think his ideology is terrible. They are completely unrelated

The appropriate response might be going to the police. Not using the police to target society

If you are using Spicer being hit as an excuse to becoming pro-authoritarian yourself, that's on you. I'd note, this is completely normal behaviour for authoritarians. They always use flimsy excuses for their terrible behaviour. Maybe the next time someone says they are the victim of something, think about what the appropriate response is.

Because that's actually how Nazis got power. They said they were victims and people just didn't bother looking at any of their policies. Because, in reality, at that time many Germans were actually really cool with authoritarians, they just needed an excuse

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I actually could believe that they didn't do much romance in Transformers.... because it's a kids movie. The Marvel movie generally dont have romance for the same reason

They just misinterpreted what happened

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Sympathize does not mean believe that their philosophy is true. Especially enough to bring them to power

You can, I shit you not, say that Spicer shouldn't be hit AND think his ideology is terrible. They are completely unrelated

The appropriate response might be going to the police. Not using the police to target society

If you are using Spicer being hit as an excuse to becoming pro-authoritarian yourself, that's on you. I'd note, this is completely normal behaviour for authoritarians. They always use flimsy excuses for their terrible behaviour. Maybe the next time someone says they are the victim of something, think about what the appropriate response is.

Because that's actually how Nazis got power. They said they were victims and people just didn't bother looking at any of their policies. Because, in reality, at that time many Germans were actually really cool with authoritarians, they just needed an excuse
All of this sounds like you're agreeing with me. Like, you says it's not enough to make people agree with their philosophy, but then later acknowledge that the people weren't even looking at their policies, which suggests you understand.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
All of this sounds like you're agreeing with me. Like, you says it's not enough to make people agree with their philosophy, but then later acknowledge that the people weren't even looking at their policies, which suggests you understand.
Like, I totally think Spicer being punched 'made people agree' with him. And when I say made here, I actually mean they already agree with him well before the incident and just wanted an excuse to revel in hatred. It's got nothing to do with the violence and everything to do with people just wanting to kick down at others. Someone else was mean, so that justifies their meanness.

Similarly, I don't think the supreme court overturning Roe changed anyone's mind. Most people were already against the overturning of Roe. Not many people changed from being pro-Roe or anti-Roe. While I could imagine that the change is not zero people, it's not going to be significant enough to change a percentage.

It's not surprising to anyone that people keep bringing up Nazis and Communists fighting in the streets leading to Nazis gaining power.... when that logic should also apply to Communists. The logic was broken then and still is today. Because the argument wasn't the point. They just wanted an excuse to kick down

It happened with Trump, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Modhi, Xi Jinping. Or very recently, Uganda. Obama was well known for scolding African Americans. They all played victim cards to turn one side onto another, usually blaming journalists, fellow politicians or the deplorables of society

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It might be worth noting with all these reactionary RW outrages to do with modern pop culture is that they absolutely literally have nothing better to do than find anything in popular media to misinterpret, that is precisely what pumps their bank accounts and keeps them trending.

Have you ever noticed they never go for any of the indie films, music or books? Those are way more challenging than any of the shit they claim offends them. Like no exaggeration, intense goldmines of outrage for anyone who actually cares about the shit they claim today. But they don't, do they? It's always the mainstream popular media, pop culture or whatever you wanna call it. It's all fucking SEO, algorithm riding is all it has ever been! They. Don't. Care. They. Want. Your. Eyes. And. Money.

(Ok some do care and some half care and some care about something else that they think this shit can funnel normies towards, and some with a lot of money who care pay ppl who don't care, it's a complicated mess of motivations I shouldn't have simplified, sorry! Always hear a person out, then do the legwork to see if their story lines up)
So, apparently there's been some fan talk regarding Across the Spider-Verse and how Gwen could/should be trans. Guess what I'm seeing way more than people wanting Gwen to be trans? Reactionaries making rage videos about people wanting her to be trans. I wouldn't even have known about it if not for dumbasses like endymiontv and Mr H Reviews (and ofcourse Ben Shapiro) making their ragebait videos about it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I can tell you, having watched the movie, the closest thing to a romance is "there is a male and female lead, and they work together to save the day."

I now because when I was younger I was annoyed just how many movies have the "Romance" that serves no other purpose other then be there. As an older person I stopped caring but it's pretty much a given if you have a male and a female adult lead it's almost a given they're gonna smooch at some point.
He might just be pining for 80s action movies where there was a pretty good chance of a sex scene where he'd get to see some woman's tits.
So, apparently there's been some fan talk regarding Across the Spider-Verse and how Gwen could/should be trans. Guess what I'm seeing way more than people wanting Gwen to be trans? Reactionaries making rage videos about people wanting her to be trans. I wouldn't even have known about it if not for dumbasses like endymiontv and Mr H Reviews (and ofcourse Ben Shapiro) making their ragebait videos about it.
These pea sized brain pawns and conservative dick suckers ain't worth listening to, nor giving any attention. Across and Rise of the Beast hit and landed their marks. All those imbecieles can do is "cry" about it, and keep fighting their pathetic "forever war". They can have fun wasting their lives being miserable little shits and stuck with the muck of their echo chamber fan base.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Ah yes. Divorced by his wife Veronica Lario for, as she so scathingly put it, "consorting with minors".

I don't think he left Italy much of a positive legacy, although one might argue at least he was one up on the current crop of semi-reformed neo-Nazis infesting it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
although one might argue at least he was one up on the current crop of semi-reformed neo-Nazis infesting it.
Not that much of an uplift when the guy is that much of a monstrous shit head. This is the first I've ever heard of Silvio, and I already don't like him.

Literally all Cops

Congrats WVSP, you get meet Brian Irons in hell! Enjoy your stay!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not that much of an uplift when the guy is that much of a monstrous shit head. This is the first I've ever heard of Silvio, and I already don't like him.
As I understand it, because it'd allow him to avoid prosecution for at least some of his previous crimes was one of the reasons he went in to politics.